GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's complete rubbish, written by a pathetic attention-seeker. If there had been such an incident, the police would have asked witnesses / attendees to come forward because it would be crucial to establish if there were a previous relationship. In addition, GR/JY wouldn't have moved next door to the person she allegedly had an affair with.

the 6ft 4in-tall Dutchman appeared in the 20-minute proceedings via a video link from HMP Long Lartin, near Evesham, in Worcestershire. He was dressed in the same red sweater and dark trousers he wore in court a week ago.

I can just imagine the Headlines October 4 2011.

The same red sweater and dark trousers that VT has been wearing for the last nine months appeared in court today, flanked by two court officers and an interpreter. During the proceedings, the 6ft 4in dutchman was spotted lounging in the bar in his underwear, with a pot of hot coffee and a selection of Danish pastries. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Link Patticake, I can't get it to run though.

:(

Are you in the UK?

There are longer editions of the interview of VT's brother that are only viewable if you are in the UK. I posted one, otto posted another.

Good luck.

:(

Are you in the UK?

There are longer editions of the interview of VT's brother that are only viewable if you are in the UK. I posted one, otto posted another.

Good luck.

Hi.
Yes I am in the UK, I will go back and try and find the Link's, thanks for your help :).

I can just imagine the Headlines October 4 2011.

The same red sweater and dark trousers that VT has been wearing for the last nine months appeared in court today, flanked by two court officers and an interpreter. During the proceedings, the 6ft 4in dutchman was spotted lounging in the bar in his underwear, with a pot of hot coffee and a selection of Danish pastries. :rolleyes:

Lol Whiterum that was funny.

The Newspaper's do keep on about the same clothes VT is wearing, the Office Staff on the Newspaper could have a whip round, and send VT a whole case of frebreze.
I don't think VT had time to pack a suit case with all his favourite attaire in, when he was arrested ;)

Lol Whiterum that was funny.

The Newspaper's do keep on about the same clothes VT is wearing, the Office Staff on the Newspaper could have a whip round, and send VT a whole case of frebreze.
I don't think VT had time to pack a suit case with all his favourite attaire in, when he was arrested ;)

If that outfit is the only one he had to wear (as of his last video court appearance) then it says a lot for his so called friends and girlfriend.

They could have dropped off clothes at the police station, at court when he appeared in person (was it twice?), or posted them in or took them in for him on a prison visit.

Unless he's just taken a shine to wearing that jumper it does look like that's all he's got and that's really quite sad ..to put it mildly...that his family, girlfriend and friends either can't be bothered to get off their backsides (or haven't got the savvy to realise) to sort the poor ... out with some clothes.

Unless he's just taken a shine to wearing that jumper it does look like that's all he's got and that's really quite sad ...

I don't suppose for a moment it's all he's got. It's psychology, folks! Designed to make you think he's friendless and to win your sympathy.

Does anyone remember exactly what VT was charged with? I remember reading it and thinking something was unusual ... and then reading about the reasons for bail being refused ... I'm wondering if there's a reason for not asking for bail.

linked yesterday: http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/the-rights-of-defendants/bail.html
BBM

Charged with murder according to A&S Police website. Regarding the bail issue, I see in the below article that “The grounds for applying for a remand in custody are failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice.’’

Man charged with the murder of Joanna Yeates

UPDATED: 22/01/2011 21:27

Detectives investigating the death of Joanna Yeates have this evening (Saturday January 22) charged 32 year old Vincent Tabak with her murder.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=22383&t=1&lid=1

JOANNA YEATES SUSPECT HAS A CLEAN RAP SHEET

26th January 2011

THE man accused of strangling Jo Yeates had never been arrested before, it was revealed yesterday.

Vincent Tabak was of “good character” in his native Holland and the UK.

Prosecutors at Tabak’s bail hearing successfully applied to remand him in custody pending his trial for the murder of 25-year-old landscape architect Jo.

But they did not suggest there was a risk of him offending or that he was a danger to the public.

Prosecutor Ann Reddrop told Bristol Crown Court: “To be fair to him he is a man of good character both in this country and, as I understand, in Holland.

“The grounds for applying for a remand in custody are failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice.’’

Tabak’s lawyer Paul Cook did not make a bail application but is free to do so at a later date.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173666/Joanna-Yeates-suspect-has-a-clean-rap-sheet/

“The grounds for applying for a remand in custody are failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice.’’

Clearly they don't regard him as a danger to anyone else. Make of that what you will.

I think that would be the point I was making; i.e. that our state of knowledge regarding the prior conduct of both Olaf H and Vincent T is identical.

Does it? In Bristol, LE gave enough details of VT's arrest to make his full name instantly obvious to the world. This has resulted in his family, friends and colleagues coming forward to speak of his good character, the press discovering that he has no criminal record, and even the Crown Prosecutor saying in court that "he is a man of good character both in this country and, as I understand, in Holland."

In contrast, Olaf H remains anonymous, as I understand it (although I haven't been following the case).

Regarding the bail issue, I see in the below article that “The grounds for applying for a remand in custody are failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice.’’

I think that could just be sloppy reporting. "Failing to surrender" is a technical phrase that normally means the failure of someone released on bail to turn up for the next court appearance. Bearing in mind that we are referring to a foreign national, that might be considered a risk.

"Interfering with evidence" suggests that LE have still not gathered all the evidence they would hope for.

So I suspect that the prosecutor may have asked for a remand in custody because of those risks.

Taken verbatim, the reported words could suggest that VT tried to do a runner ("failed to surrender") when the police arrived to arrest him, and that he had already interfered with evidence. I don't think that seems particularly likely, but if it were true then there would be an inevitable conclusion to draw.

Does it? In Bristol, LE gave enough details of VT's arrest to make his full name instantly obvious to the world. This has resulted in his family, friends and colleagues coming forward to speak of his good character, the press discovering that he has no criminal record, and even the Crown Prosecutor saying in court that "he is a man of good character both in this country and, as I understand, in Holland."

In contrast, Olaf H remains anonymous, as I understand it (although I haven't been following the case).

Is there an Olaf H?

If so, I have not heard of him thus far. Very puzzling.

Does it? In Bristol, LE gave enough details of VT's arrest to make his full name instantly obvious to the world.

I thought they just gave his age, which is customary. It does, of course, enable one to rule a lot of people out.

BBM

Charged with murder according to A&S Police website. Regarding the bail issue, I see in the below article that “The grounds for applying for a remand in custody are failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice.’’

Thank you for that. Failing to surrender and interfering with the course of justice ... hmmm ... This is from the bail information:

"If their investigation is continuing, the police can bail you without charge to return to the police station at a fixed time and date. Failure to do so could be a separate offence."

Is there any possibility that he was bailed before and it didn't make the news, and that he was required to surrender at a certain time and date and didn't appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth