OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread moves way too fast. I left off last night at page 23 (I think) when the thread was locked and now need to read thru page 32 and 5 pages of this new thread. Is there any news this morning? Anything pan out from the scanner call that was heard last night about a possible sighting of Kyron?

Reading... reading... reading....

Jules you'll want to look at this article for your timeline:

http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

video here:

http://www.kptv.com/video/23842579/index.html

Kyron's friend tells how Kyron told him he was going off to see an electricity project.

I think it must have been after 8:45, since 8:45 is when the stepmom left Kyron in the hallway, this kid saw Kyron in the hallway, and the kid didn't mention the stepmom being with Kyron.

The stepmom said Kyron was headed to his classroom, not to an electricity project, and this kid said Kyron was not going to his classroom, but to the electricity project.

When you put it all together, the stepmom has left with Kyron walking down the hallway to his class, then the kid sees Kyron who's veering from his class and going instead to an electricity project.

I don't think I just made any sense at all. lol.
Who could he have talked to on the way to his class?

Fox News will have a report on Kyron. Says tips are pouring in. Even from Wa. state....their question....why are LE narrowing the search area?

I was wondering if anyone has any links to anything said about Kyron's online access? It certainly appears the family is very computer saavy, and I'm wondering if Kyron was involved with any online science or other interest groups. Did he do research for his science fair project online? Did he play online interactive games? Might he have encountered someone online who aided him, that sort of thing.

Sorry for my Brunette moment :) but I can not find anywhere the hours for the school, what time does Kyron's class start normally ....TIA

We've talked about the truck in this picture, right? I was going through AmandaReconwiths' album and it caught my eye.

kh20s.jpg

Yes, I believe this is the same home of the woman a newsite had posted picture of the search and rescue team searching her home, her name was given as well, believe it is on the 2nd thread. She was outside with a baby and they showed a picture of them searching her attic, I think this is the same house.

I am on the East Coast. Can someone remind me what time zone Portland is in or what time it is there? I don't want to miss the presser. TIA

I would like to say something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of days. In a post I made the other day I stated that among other things I thought it was odd that the family hasn't spoken out. I've been thinking of former and ongoing cases where the parents have been all over the news and I have officially changed my mind. I'm really starting to think keeping the family away from the media is the right way to go about it. Think about all of those cases where the family has gotten more attention than the actual missing child, the family constantly judged for what they are and aren't doing, not being sad enough, tears not being real etc. We end up spending more time speculating about actions of the family. I think LE is protecting the family from this because there is nothing worse than having a missing child and being devastated and then have to defend yourself in the media for your every move. I mean really, we know that they are heartbroken and want Kyron home. That's pretty much a given, I personally don't need them to say it at this point.

Who could he have talked to on the way to his class?

Maybe he remembered about the electricity project on his way to class and decided to head to it to check it out. All the excitement that day I can see kids bending stuff, thinking its ok to do so.

I remember seeing the pics of her attic (wow), but I just noticed the dark grey/black truck outside.

There has to be a reason why the teacher wasn't alarmed, surprised, curious about Kyrons' absence. Wish we knew why.

THIS is the part that has keeps me flopping like a fish out of water all night looooooooooooooooooooooooooong!!!

OH I'm sure there's a logical explaination I just can't for the life of me, come up with it.

Anyone?

:waitasec:

GourmetSoy, the thanks button did not seem to be enough to cover this one.

Do we know what he was supposed to be doing in the talent show yet? I remember from elementary school where, if you were in the dance team or choir, you would be practicing for the talent show for most of the day instead of going to class. Is it possible he was going to be performing as part of a group with the school and his teacher may not have been expecting him in class since he was supposed to be with that group until the talent show?

I can't seem to find the answers to these questions.... When did his parents find out he was missing? Did the school actually call them or did he not come out when they went to pick him up? If the school called, was it at the end of the day or when they realized he wasn't there for the talent show?

BBM I was thinking the same thing. Even if he were carried, wouldn't he still be shedding skin cells and leaving a trail? There was a canine SAR handler who helped with questions in the Shantina Smiley thread. Maybe someone can ask her to weigh in on this case?

The K9s brought in at first on this case were police K9s. They are immediate response dogs, not specifically scent trained dogs. Bloodhounds were then next called in, which are typically tracking and trailing dogs. However, because Kyron was not reported missing until late in the afternoon, the dogs were not brought out until after 9+ hours had passed. With extensive foot traffic in the school and surrounding areas, it can be very difficult for SAR K9s to identify and pick up a scent.

I would like to say something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of days. In a post I made the other day I stated that among other things I thought it was odd that the family hasn't spoken out. I've been thinking of former and ongoing cases where the parents have been all over the news and I have officially changed my mind. I'm really starting to think keeping the family away from the media is the right way to go about it. Think about all of those cases where the family has gotten more attention than the actual missing child, the family constantly judged for what they are and aren't doing, not being sad enough, tears not being real etc. We end up spending more time speculating about actions of the family. I think LE is protecting the family from this because there is nothing worse than having a missing child and being devastated and then have to defend yourself in the media for your every move. I mean really, we know that they are heartbroken and want Kyron home. That's pretty much a given, I personally don't need them to say it at this point.

Excellent post. Thank you.

I think it must have been after 8:45, since 8:45 is when the stepmom left Kyron in the hallway, this kid saw Kyron in the hallway, and the kid didn't mention the stepmom being with Kyron.

The stepmom said Kyron was headed to his classroom, not to an electricity project, and this kid said Kyron was not going to his classroom, but to the electricity project.

When you put it all together, the stepmom has left with Kyron walking down the hallway to his class, then the kid sees Kyron who's veering from his class and going instead to an electricity project.

I don't think I just made any sense at all. lol.
The step mom didn't see him walk into his class?she left before he went into his class?Did his step mom see him talking to any one?A kid?parent?anyone?Did Kyron talk to someone after his mom left?

As far as the poll, I believe Kyron was lured out of the school building by someone he knew.

I also believe he had seen the evil side of this person before, but as a sweet little innocent child, he could have never ever imagined how horrific a monster this person really was. And because of that innocense and because he is only a little boy, he went with that person, perhaps with the promise he wouldn't be gone long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member