Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are HALF what they were yeseterday! Only 90 people showed up! I am so sad...
Wow. I just can't believe that.

Orlando is heavily populated. You'd think they'd get reasonable numbers. Especially on a 3 day weekend.

I wonder if the volunteer count reflects local general level of animosity? Or if locals believe too much time has passed, given time + heat + nature being what it is in the area. Or, maybe EVERYONE had alternate plans for the 3 day weekend?

I lived in Orlando for a year. IIRC, much of the outlying area is swampy. Some of that's been filled in for construction (like DisneyWorld - Mr. Disney bought acres upon acres of cheap swampland in Florida and built an empire, so they say). So if the wild arcreage has not been land-filled, I would think what's out there to search through is often swampland. Makes for very difficult searching. JMHO, I think...

Locals - perhaps you can shed some light. Although, if you're a WS local, I bet you're out searching in spite of time+heat+nature+waterlands, aren't you?! I know I would be.

Here's to those that searched today! You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

is the wbcam still up? could I have a link please.

Ditto!

Back on topic....

I wonder what LE is helping with the searches.

Locally off duty officers are known to give up their days off and help with searches. Lead investigators don't usually go out unless some evidence has been recovered. jmo

One of the lead investigators was there yesterday.

I believe there is a way to lay a portion of the back seat all the way down. Even without the hatchback, the seats are designed so you can put additional long items in the trunk. :)

On my Sunfire "98" the back seat is a bench seat and does pull forward exposing a good sized hole in the back. In the pictures I posted of my sunfire's trunk you can see the outline of how large it would be.

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/gigi2009_photos/?albumview=slideshow

Is there anybody in Orlando that knows if the OCSO Helicopters are still up?

Wow. I just can't believe that.

Orlando is heavily populated. You'd think they'd get reasonable numbers. Especially on a 3 day weekend.

I wonder if the volunteer count reflects local general level of animosity? Or if locals believe too much time has passed, given time + heat + nature being what it is in the area. Or, maybe EVERYONE had alternate plans for the 3 day weekend?

I lived in Orlando for a year. IIRC, much of the outlying area is swampy. Some of that's been filled in for construction (like DisneyWorld - Mr. Disney bought acres upon acres of cheap swampland in Florida and built an empire, so they say). So if the wild arcreage has not been land-filled, I would think what's out there to search through is often swampland. Makes for very difficult searching. JMHO, I think...

Locals - perhaps you can shed some light. Although, if you're a WS local, I bet you're out searching in spite of time+heat+nature+waterlands, aren't you?! I know I would be.

Here's to those that searched today! You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

I live an hour away. I was there yesterday. It's not easy but it's not that difficult given it's for this child. I am very sore today. Legs mostly but I am 61 years old too. I thought I'd give myself a day to recover and if they are still there tomorrow, I'll be there.

A graduate of the United States Secret Service's Advanced Document Examination training program, Michelle consults to private attorneys, police departments, and prosecutors throughout the United States. She is considered one of the top experts in the nation on handwriting identification, (including anonymous letters and suspected forgeries), personality profiling, and threat analysis. She has testified in a wide variety of cases including arson, embezzlement, voting fraud, forgery, stalking, and murder.
This should be so very interesting.
Again her website is, go take a look and thank her for doing this:
http://www.michelledresbold.com
Thank you so very much, Michelle!

Thanks for this...

MCO is the code for Orlando Internation Airport and also the name of the air force base that used to be there, McCoy Air Force Base.

Devorahhh

I would have to look it up, but I believe the code for McCoy was MCA

I live an hour away. I was there yesterday. It's not easy but it's not that difficult given it's for this child. I am very sore today. Legs mostly but I am 61 years old too. I thought I'd give myself a day to recover and if they are still there tomorrow, I'll be there.

Bless you :blowkiss: If I lived closer I would help also. Since I can't I am praying that she is found soon.

On my Sunfire "98" the back seat is a bench seat and does pull forward exposing a good sized hole in the back. In the pictures I posted of my sunfire's trunk you can see the outline of how large it would be.

Gigi - if you were to put that long handled shovel into your car how would you do it? Put that seat down with the blade of the shovel in the trunk part with the handle extending up toward the front seats?

If I didn't have a life here, I would so be on a plane tonight. However the kis and fiancee would kill me. Not to mention, that pwesky thing called work. I want to be there so bad. The only thing that make sme feel better is that TES is an experienced group and can make do with small groups. (I hope.)

Do you know where that analysis will be? (Wow, she can PAINT, too!)
It'll be on her website asap. She just emailed me this morning. I am really excited this is happening. I am thinking of a separate thread as soon as her analysis appears.. anyone have any thoughts on that?

:woohoo: Yuri was there! I had no idea he was soooo tall! LOL
Yuri!
As I read (incl. the 400 page docs), I make pictures in my mind of what the characters look like. I just knew he was tall. I hate to say it, but in the little version of characters in my head, Yuri looks like Yule Brenner. hee-hee!

AWESOME to know that Yuri was searching. Just wonderful to know. Bless those LE officers. Thanks for sharing, SS & Bazenee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth