Evidence -- Body, Blood, Clothes, etc.

More on cause of death:

Dr. Henry Lee, a nationally known forensic scientist and former director of Connecticut's crime laboratory, said the cause of Le's death was "external force applied to the neck," but may not necessarily mean someone strangled her.

"It could be any heavy object," he told The Associated Press. "It could be a hand, it could be anything."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=8586817&page=2

I have information that police have confiscated bloody surgical gloves.

More on cause of death:

Dr. Henry Lee, a nationally known forensic scientist and former director of Connecticut's crime laboratory, said the cause of Le's death was "external force applied to the neck," but may not necessarily mean someone strangled her.

"It could be any heavy object," he told The Associated Press. "It could be a hand, it could be anything."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=8586817&page=2
considering the bead that was found on the floor (abc article upstream) perhaps he used her necklace like a garote. It sounds like there was a lot more blood than a few drops as well....

do you have a link or a source?

JB, puffster has informed he's/she's media. I know anybody can say they are anybody online, but from my perspective, every single thing that's been posted by puffster has turned out to be true.

In one of the general discussion threads, it was mentioned that a "source" said Annie was cut up pretty badly. Could this be where the media is getting "dismemberment" from? Is it dismemberment by popular meaning or could she have been so severely cut that it was to the "point of" dismemberment? I'm trying to get to the bottom of why the news stated she was dismembered...anybody?

"Blood splatter were found on a laundry cart and a bead from her necklace was found on the floor of the basement lab where she was killed and stuffed into a wall panel.

ABC News has also learned that Clark sent a text message to Le early Tuesday, Sept. 8, requesting a meeting to discuss the cleanliness of research mice, with which Le was working and which Clark was in charge of overseeing. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-suspect-raymond-clark-released-giving-dna/story?id=8588970

If thats true - then it doesnt fit at all what he told his family (or close source to family), when the news about him started rolling in:

But he didn’t really know [Le],” the source said. “She left the area before he left that morning. He’d seen her and said ‘hi’ and kept on going.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/autopsy_results_in_gal_murder_IpfKv663TTNxJxoTRWlBaJ

JB, puffster has informed he's/she's media. I know anybody can they are anybody online, but from my perspective, every single thing that's been posted by puffster has turned out to be true.
as long as it is not posted as fact. No offense to puffster at all..but media has been wrong once or twice IIRC.
What we want to avoid is discussing something that cannot be supported as fact and then running with it as such. We have gotten into trouble doing that on more than one occasion.
Again, this is not a slight to puffster.:blowkiss:

jersey*girl said:
In one of the general discussion threads, it was mentioned that a "source" said Annie was cut up pretty badly. Could this be where the media is getting "dismemberment" from? Is it dismemberment by popular meaning or could she have been so severely cut that it was to the "point of" dismemberment? I'm trying to get to the bottom of why the news stated she was dismembered...anybody?

what is kind of odd is that the descriptions are eerily similar to Jasmine Fiore which was just high profile in the news. She was reported as beaten, strangled and dismembered.In reality her fingers were removed at the first joint and her teeth were removed, which is mutilated imo, but not dismembered in the sense I think of it.

considering the bead that was found on the floor (abc article upstream) perhaps he used her necklace like a garote. It sounds like there was a lot more blood than a few drops as well....

I may be wrong (so take this with a grain of salt LOL) but I vaguely recall reading that Annie was wearing a belt or sash that day. Does anyone recall that? Again I may be wrong...

I've seen the necklace described in the press as being brown. Was it maybe some kind of leather cord with wooden beads on it? A leather cord would probably be strong enough to choke someone.

Computer records show that lab technician Raymond Clark III, a "person of interest" in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, was the last person to see her alive, a law-enforcement source told The Courant today.

Investigators traced Le's and Clark's movements through their computerized swipe cards, said the source, who is familiar with the investigation. Le entered the Yale laboratory at 10 Amistad St. at about 10 a.m. on Sept. 8. She passed through a basement lab area moments later. Then she swiped her way into a separate room of that lab.

Clark entered that same room a short time later, the source said, citing the computer records. Le was never seen again and her card was never used again.

Clark had moved around the laboratory area quite a bit that day, including entering rooms that he normally would not expected to be in, the source said.

Clark also swiped into another area -- the place where Le's body was eventually found after five days, stuffed into a 2-foot crawl space behind a wall.
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-le-raymond-clark-yale-slaying,0,857789.story

I've seen the necklace described in the press as being brown. Was it maybe some kind of leather cord with wooden beads on it? A leather cord would probably be strong enough to choke someone.

a domestic violence link I found states this strategy if you are in a domestic violence situation:

Develop the habit of not wearing scarves or long necklaces that could be used to strangle you.

http://www.dvipiowa.org/strategies.htm

Yes, I would say that she could have been strangled with her necklace.

what is kind of odd is that the descriptions are eerily similar to Jasmine Fiore which was just high profile in the news. She was reported as beaten, strangled and dismembered.In reality her fingers were removed at the first joint and her teeth were removed, which is mutilated imo, but not dismembered in the sense I think of it.

worth a repeat of your answer...this is the reason i keep questioning this...i thought of jasmine fiore right away and the circumstances surrounding...wonder if it's a copycat? maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back