MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

Producers of products which we purchase and bring into our homes place all kinds of WARNING labels on their products. Some of them are duh, some rather unnecessary, some tickle our funnybone. Do not use while sleeping, external use only, do not ingest, swallow, use near open flame..... Okay, you get it. But, should hospitals attach tags to babies toes after delivery with cautions: This baby is not disposable, do not ignore any unexplainable long periods of crying. This baby may be subject to incessant wailing. Perhaps it cries from hunger, pain, needs a clean diaper. Do not leave unattended, keep away from hazardous materials such as matches, .gasoline, cleansing products, etc. Do not SHAKE your baby, this may result in severe injury or death. Do not leave alone in an automobile, death may occur, and you will be charged. Know your current partner well before allowing him or her to be care providers, babysitters, or have unlimited unsupervised free access to your offspring. This baby needs air to breathe, and is not drown-proof. Protect your baby or toddler child from drowning. Avoid public or private swimming pools unless your baby or child is wearing proper life saving equipment which is age-appropriate. Always provide competent adult supervision around pools. Do not allow child to roam free at a beach, lake or river. Do not leave baby or toddler alone in a bathtub or wading pool, or allow access to other water-filled objects such as a toilet.

Okay, this list could go on and on and on. The end of this warning statement should contain a signature line and be endorsed by parents advising them that the baby which they produced is FRAGILE and should be handled with care. They should be advised that they are responsible for the care of this baby, and if this baby or toddler or child or teen "goes missing" they have to provide verifiable answers, and if unwilling they can be placed in a work facility where they can put in their time each day doing manual labor such as scrubbing the floors of a morgue. Parents cannot continue to avoid any legal punishment for their vanishing offspring. Sure, it's not going to happen, parents have rights, children don't.
IMO

So I just mapped the addresses from where Ziya is missing from agaist the address for where Mariha Smith went missing from and they are only about 6 miles apart.

Which could be completely random but it does make me wonder if the families know any of the same people. I do realize that there are suspects in MS's case and I understand they are not in jail for her murder and her case remains unsolved.

So I just mapped the addresses from where Ziya is missing from agaist the address for where Mariha Smith went missing from and they are only about 6 miles apart.

Which could be completely random but it does make me wonder if the families know any of the same people. I do realize that there are suspects in MS's case and I understand they are not in jail for her murder and her case remains unsolved.

It is quite possible that several of the kids went out front to play and someone noticed them all out there. It might have been easy to lure a 17 month old away from the other kids since no adult was watching them.

And I remember that horrid case with precious Mariha. That was so sickening.
And I am sure that perp is still acting out. jmo

I wonder how she died? I know kids that age do like to hide in closets and she may have piled the clothes on top of herself and fell asleep.They do this sometimes when they mess themselves.

I am just not feeling this to be some kind of an accidental death in the closet. Terribly sad, RIP little Ziya.

Hard to believe accidental with an arrest so soon. Was it the Uncles bedroom closet she was found in? Article did say he retired to his room to "rest". More to this tragic story. RIP Ziya :rose:

so......did she disappear into the uncles bedroom with him? one of the above linked articles states that 10-12 people live in the home where she was found, but the article also went out of its way to say that the home she was found in was ALSO on brinker street as if it may not be the home she lives in???? and who is this "other ADULT babysitter" that was also there watching the kids????

so......did she disappear into the uncles bedroom with him? one of the above linked articles states that 10-12 people live in the home where she was found, but the article also went out of its way to say that the home she was found in was ALSO on brinker street as if it may not be the home she lives in???? and who is this "other ADULT babysitter" that was also there watching the kids????

Reports are confusing right now. Hopefully more clarification as the day goes on.

I hope this was a terrible accident & he did not murder her!

:rose:RIP Ziya

Oh my heck. Isn't the closets like the FIRST place you look?

I had a funny feeling last night when I first heard this breaking news report and posted the missing child here at WS that this story would not have a happy ending. Details of who was in the house - uncles, cousins, lots of kids - and who was watching them changed every 15-20 minutes as the story evolved. The little girl "disappeared", but no one sees her leave the house. Yeah, right :rolleyes:

June 30, 2012 at 11:32 am
Missing 1-year-old girl found dead in her Detroit home
By Lauren Abdel-Razzaq
The Detroit News

A 1-year-old girl who went missing Friday night from her home on Detroit's east side has been found dead, police said.

Zyia Roch-Quelle Alyssa Turner's body was found early Saturday morning inside the house on the 18800 block of Brinker by the Southfield Police Department's Cadaver K-9 unit, according to an email from Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens.

The investigation is ongoing and individuals are being questioned by the Detroit Police Department's Homicide Investigators, Stephens wrote in the email.

No additional information is being released at this time.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120630/METRO01/206300363#ixzz1zI8xramR

One-year-old Detroit girl found dead; one person in custody

Detroit girl went missing from home in 18000 block of Brinker Street

Published On: Jun 29 2012 09:10:51 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 30 2012 07:52:36 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ody/-/4714498/15356504/-/am5svgz/-/index.html

The Brinker Street house is actually only about a mile from the Mitchell Street address where Bianca Jones was visiting her bio-dad, D'Andre Lane. Brinker is a block west of Joseph Campau while Mitchell is a block east of JC. The Brinker address is several blocks south of 7 mile; the Mitchell Street house is just north of 7 mile. Same general vicinity as my childhood home in the "D" :)

:'( I was hoping with all the people in the house that someone had taken her with them and the message got mixed up in some way. Prayers for her, the family and friends.

SO sorry Sweet Ziya. We all let you down. You deserved so much better. Fly with the angels sweet baby girl. :rose:

I wonder how she died? I know kids that age do like to hide in closets and she may have piled the clothes on top of herself and fell asleep.They do this sometimes when they mess themselves.

Yes, but she is not an infant. If a pile of clothes was laying (or lying?) on her and restricting her air, she would move them. This is a ridiculous story in my opinion. She is too old for a pile of clothes to kill her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back