Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

They know each other because they both have an interest in a drug? Seems like a stretch. They both liked to smoke marijuana, too, but I don't think that means they might have known each other.

When I was younger I had friends that smoked marijuana daily, perhaps she or someone she knew had purchased from him in the past. I can almost guarantee you, if he saw her walking and she recognized him, if he asked if she wanted to smoke before school, she would have obliged. NOW seeing that LE initially said they thought she went willingly, this could explain a lot. Just a thought.

When I was younger I had friends that smoked marijuana daily, perhaps she or someone she knew had purchased from him in the past. I can almost guarantee you, if he saw her walking and she recognized him, if he asked if she wanted to smoke before school, she would have obliged. NOW seeing that LE initially said they thought she went willingly, this could explain a lot. Just a thought.

Do you know her? I'm not sure how anyone could say that about her, really. I mean, she didn't appear to love school, but she didn't seem like the type to just blow it off to me. We all have our opinions I suppose.

Then again I'm blown away by how there are those that think LE should publicize every detail of an investigation just so the public can try to figure out the mystery themselves. Never ceases to amaze me.

I'm with you. It does never cease to amaze...
I suppose the less that is known, the broader the horizon for speculation.
There certainly is no shortage of that .
I guess that is just a large part of the territory.

I'm really behind on this case, so please feel free to shoot holes in the following.

From my read, dogs lost Sierra's scent at the end of her driveway ( link ). Then you have a string of assaults at two Morgan Hill Safeways. One where the assailant used a knife and the other where he used a taser. ( link ) Later reports indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, who worked at both Safeways, was tied by DNA to the taser assault. ( link ) Now, consider Sierra's last known location, the locations of the teen's items, her school, and where Garcia-Torres lived/worked ( link ), I'd bet dollars to donuts, the guy spent some time stalking her, to not only determine where she lived but to also get an idea of her and her family's routine, and then tased her the morning he abducted her.

Given the proximity of her belongings to her abduction, I think he continued on Hale Ave to Bailey Ave, and then took 101 back towards his work/home. Considering that his previous assault failed, I highly doubt he kept this girl alive. That is, he was/felt triumphant in catching his prey, but concerned he would be caught. So, imho, he likely murdered her shortly after abducting and raping her. Since they found her items so close to when she was abducted, this indicates to me, that he dropped those first. Hopefully, searchers have scoured Bailey Avenue. Esp around the treed area under the the area were Bailey Avenue crosses over coyote creek trail. ( link )

And finally, surely, the guy had a cell phone? If so, I would think LE executed a warrant with the carrier to obtain ping information. Which, if so, I think can ultimately be used to, at the very least, narrow down search locations.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, at this point. Please feel free to correct.

Do you know her? I'm not sure how anyone could say that about her, really. I mean, she didn't appear to love school, but she didn't seem like the type to just blow it off to me. We all have our opinions I suppose.

Then again I'm blown away by how there are those that think LE should publicize every detail of an investigation just so the public can try to figure out the mystery themselves. Never ceases to amaze me.

wow, wasn't expecting such a harsh response.

To answer your question NO I DO NOT know her but according to her twitter she smokes, and I AM VERY INVOLVED in my own 2 TEENS LIVES, forunately my children DO NOT SMOKE BUT ALOT OF THEIR FRIENDS DO. Alot of them smoke then go to school on time and still manage great grades. Todays youth are much different than other generations. Even the smartest of kids smoke and party. I happen to be very knowledgeable in the area of teens, their slang, and culture. Like everyone else here I'm trying to help, and that requires being realistic.

I'm sorry if you or anyone else for that matter finds it offensive. BUT ITS REALITY.

I'm really behind on this case, so please feel free to shoot holes in the following.

From my read, dogs lost Sierra's scent at the end of her driveway ( link ). Then you have a string of assaults at two Morgan Hill Safeways. One where the assailant used a knife and the other where he used a taser. ( link ) Later reports indicate Antolin Garcia-Torres, who worked at both Safeways, was tied by DNA to the taser assault. ( link ) Now, consider Sierra's last known location, the locations of the teen's items, her school, and where Garcia-Torres lived/worked ( link ), I'd bet dollars to donuts, the guy spent some time stalking her, to not only determine where she lived but to also get an idea of her and her family's routine, and then tased her the morning he abducted her.

Given the proximity of her belongings to her abduction, I think he continued on Hale Ave to Bailey Ave, and then took 101 back towards his work/home. Considering that his previous assault failed, I highly doubt he kept this girl alive. That is, he was/felt triumphant in catching his prey, but concerned he would be caught. So, imho, he likely murdered her shortly after abducting and raping her. Since they found her items so close to when she was abducted, this indicates to me, that he dropped those first. Hopefully, searchers have scoured Bailey Avenue. Esp around the treed area under the the area were Bailey Avenue crosses over coyote creek trail. ( link )

And finally, surely, the guy had a cell phone? If so, I would think LE executed a warrant with the carrier to obtain ping information. Which, if so, I think can ultimately be used to, at the very least, narrow down search locations.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, at this point. Please feel free to correct.

He has not been tied to the 2009 Safeway attacks by DNA - at least that has not been reported anywhere, including on your link. Also, his DNA was in CODIS, so it seems like they should have gotten him before now if it was through DNA. But LE says they have tied him to one of the attacks, at least - just not how.

Here is the DA's so-called "Statement of Facts " - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am not familiar with those locations off my head because I am from the midwest and I have to do lots of map-checking, but I have heard Coyote Creek Trail mentioned multiple times. I do know almost every lake or reservoir in that area has been checked with sonar at least once (Uvas twice I think). I'll let the locals fill you in on the locations....

Yup I completely agree with you. He could've called her over to share a quick smoke before she had to get the bus.

Of course this doesn't fit with his normal MO of grabbing people from behind if he is the Safeway attacker... But I think it's perfectly plausible.

To answer your question NO I DO NOT know her but according to her twitter she smokes, and I AM VERY INVOLVED in my own 2 TEENS LIVES, forunately my children DO NOT SMOKE BUT ALOT OF THEIR FRIENDS DO. Alot of them smoke then go to school on time and still manage great grades.

I'm sorry if you or anyone else for that matter finds it offensive. BUT ITS REALITY.

Well, I apologize if it came off harsh - the second part was not a response to you...

But, the first part was :) I just think every kid is different. I know kids that couldn't handle going to school high, and I know kids that slept through classes because they were high...I didn't know too many who smoked weed and were good students, though. Maybe she did, I don't know.

Another point I wanted to bring up is the possibility that ATG and Sierra had some contact with each other on the basis of their shared appreciation for Extacy. If you look at the pictures on his myspace page, he has two references to E. One is part of a caption of a picture of a cat, which reads "Thizzin". Another reference is the picture that is a doctored skittles bag, with the word "Thizzin". Thizzin is a term which refers to the act of taking extacy. Sierra had already expressed her appreciation for the substance in her twitter posts so it stands to reason they may have had contact in the past.

I believe- I may be wrong- Sierra's interest in Extacy stemmed from the film Project X and from watching the UK version of Skins. All reference to harder drug use is parroted from programmes / films she's watching. IMO she was smoking dope and drinking alright- I don't think she was experimenting with anything harder yet.

Well, I apologize if it came off harsh - the second part was not a response to you...

But, the first part was :) I just think every kid is different. I know kids that couldn't handle going to school high, and I know kids that slept through classes because they were high...I didn't know too many who smoked weed and were good students, though. Maybe she did, I don't know.

No worries, :) todays kids are something else. I know plentu who do well in school even though they smoke. Weed is so common in schools. At my daughters high school Vic's (hydrocodone) are sold at lunch, its a shame.

No worries, :) todays kids are something else. I know plentu who do well in school even though they smoke. Weed is so common in schools. At my daughters high school Vic's (hydrocodone) are sold at lunch, its a shame.

I have a 19 year old, I am in the same boat. He's never enjoyed pills but I know he smokes and drinks on occasion. I also have two sisters in laws in their early 20's who have done everything under the sun, including one who went through rehab. But, yeah, weed is less harmful than the pills and the pills are legally manufactured. Crazy.

He has not been tied to the 2009 Safeway attacks by DNA - at least that has not been reported anywhere, including on your link. Also, his DNA was in CODIS, so it seems like they should have gotten him before now if it was through DNA. But LE says they have tied him to one of the attacks, at least - just not how.

Here is the DA's so-called "Statement of Facts " - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am not familiar with those locations off my head because I am from the midwest and I have to do lots of map-checking, but I have heard Coyote Creek Trail mentioned multiple times. I do know almost every lake or reservoir in that area has been checked with sonar at least once (Uvas twice I think). I'll let the locals fill you in on the locations....
Thanks for that info. This is what I was referring to. ( link )

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said Antolin Garcia-Torres, who is being held in connection with the disappearance of LaMar, may be connected with at least one of three other 2009 assaults involving a Taser in a Morgan Hill Safeway parking lot.
And you're right, they do not explicitly say he was tied by DNA.

As for search locations, from what I could tell, they are searching bodies of water. From my read, AGT was sloppy. Imo, this indicates that he did not spend a protracted amount of time with this girl. Rather that he abducted her, raped her, and murdered her, discarding her things along Hale Avenue.

In any event, I see they did search along 101 and south coyote creek trail ( link ), so assume/hope they covered the area around the Bailey Ave overpass.

I just want to share a few of my thoughts after reading through the comments.

The statement of facts is going to be limited to a minimum of details to ensure that AGT is kept behind bars for the safety of the public, including his family. I personally don't think he would harm his family, but there have been so many cases in the media where this exact thing did happen.

They do not have any obligation, nor should they release all of the evidence to the public. This is still an ongoing investigation. They obviously have enough to be confident that AGT committed the crime but they are still waiting on additional forensics to be completed and their statements have to be left open for any new evidence that they will want to include.

Original statements may have been made to the public that contradict what they are saying now. This is to be expected, because since the original statements were made they have found more evidence, to clarify those statements.

When looking at the large overall picture that LE has had to deal with in this case, it becomes apparent that they released the information that they did in hopes that the public would be able to help fill in the blanks. If they didn't need the publics help, most likely they would have said nothing or much less than they did.

IMO often times the public will scrutinize LE because it is difficult to understand the big picture. We, as the public, are ignorant to all the details and the public in general is ignorant to how the legal process works. I am going to choose to be patient and trust that LE is doing a good job. LE's job is to protect the safety of the public. They obviously have good reason to believe that Antolin is a danger to society.

I hope LE is talking with his high school friends. I am going to bet dollars to a doughnut that there were places he partied at during high school (away from the cops and other seeing eyes) that would be a great place to dump a body.

I hope LE is talking with his high school friends. I am going to bet dollars to a doughnut that there were places he partied at during high school (away from the cops and other seeing eyes) that would be a great place to dump a body.

I have the very same hunch.

I do not know what's going on suddenly on this forum, but I feel tense reading some of these posts. Not sure why there has to be such harsh and judgmental responses going back and forth? So again, let's look at it this way. WS is not a court of Law, and we are not lawyers (though some of you maybe!) and I felt that EVERYONE here is giving wonderful insights, feedback and opinions.

So on that note....I say lets respect each other and understand that at the end of the day these lovely sleuthers on this forum have something in common, to find Sierra now, and to see justice therein!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To answer your question NO I DO NOT know her but according to her twitter she smokes, and I AM VERY INVOLVED in my own 2 TEENS LIVES, forunately my children DO NOT SMOKE BUT ALOT OF THEIR FRIENDS DO. Alot of them smoke then go to school on time and still manage great grades. Todays youth are much different than other generations. Even the smartest of kids smoke and party. I happen to be very knowledgeable in the area of teens, their slang, and culture. Like everyone else here I'm trying to help, and that requires being realistic.

I don't think it's fair to come to the conclusion that a 15 year old does drugs just because she has pictures of them. I personally believe she posted the ecstasy after watching "Project X." I wouldn't doubt that she's smoked weed once or twice but I don't think she's a regular smoker.

(Sorry if this is an old topic, i just read it)

I don't think it's fair to come to the conclusion that a 15 year old does drugs just because she has pictures of them. I personally believe she posted the ecstasy after watching "Project X." I wouldn't doubt that she's smoked weed once or twice but I don't think she's a regular smoker.

(Sorry if this is an old topic, i just read it)

ITA. I think she was just trying to look "cool".

I also seriously doubt she could be lured into AGT's car for a before school smoke. Pot is easy to get and I'd guess something she did with her friends. JMO

I do not know what's going on suddenly on this forum, but I feel tense reading some of these posts. Not sure why there has to be such harsh and judgmental responses going back and forth? So again, let's look at it this way. WS is not a court of Law, and we are not lawyers (though some of you maybe!) and I felt that EVERYONE here is giving wonderful insights, feedback and opinions.

So on that note....I say lets respect each other and understand that at the end of the day these lovely sleuthers on this forum have something in common, to find Sierra now, and to see justice therein!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're not alone. Several of us have posted similar thoughts. It's not just on this thread, though. Isabel Celis thread has a little of the same thing.
I've been back and forth a few times, so I'm guilty, too.
I think we all want justice, and maybe things/info isn't coming out as fast as we want. AND, incorrect media reporting doesn't help.
Also, IMO, seems media is putting THEIR own thoughts and assumptions out there, too.

Again, always just IMO.

I can't believe he has not revealed her location yet! Give me five minutes with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member