trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-59 percent is more accurate? I beg to differ...

And we should be looking at stalking stats, not DV. At least we have evidence of that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well, let the author of the research article know if you have more
accurate info I guess.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Just some things I wanna get off my chest:

Arias abused Travis. Being a 'player' does not = abuse! Stalking, obsessing and manipulating does. That's what JA did! JM will make this clear during rebuttal and closing.

Hughes will take the stand during rebuttal and together with JM they will clear up the email thing and make JA look even worse.

There is no that JM would sign autographs just to be polite if he thought that it would hurt this trial in any way. He did it because he knows it's okay to do so and nothing bad can come from it. I may be wrong about this but even if a juror has seen it he/she will not be removed. Perhaps an instruction from the Judge.

Expect to see JM at his very best during the next couple of weeks. There's no stopping him now. Oh boy!

I guessed 1.5 earlier today.
just d@mn

All that time and money just wasted. Nurmi and JW have milked this cash cow long enough. Their case could of been put on much faster and with less redundancy. How much did it help by going over the same thing?

The sex was just sex between two people, but Nurmi thinking more was better in going over it ad nauseam ( Definition of AD NAUSEAM to a sickening or excessive degree) till it was just a grating noise coming out of his mouth.

And JW going over the same ground trying to make DS not sound like a little pompous gasbag, made many sit up and ask how much is this crap costing us? Then you pull out a marriage and family counselor to try to validate Jodi's lies. How many children could that money of fed? Or bought clothes or meds? filled potholes, built a pantry for low income families, helped the homeless or funded a shelter for abused men and women.

I hope every dollar that the defense spends on themselves bites them on the *advertiser censored*. And that include DS and AVL. They should be ashamed. They've abused the system the worst.

I watching the interrogation video on NG and I caught this. Sorry if I am way behind, but this tells me clearly that the text messages from May 26 was a main motive. He had something on her and she didn't want it to get out. What I'm wondering about is, if we know what he said in those texts, what don't we know that he may have said?
"He has done nothing but....except for some mean words he said to me. People have said worse to me or just as bad. Except for that, he's never, he's helped me. He's given me money, he's selling me his car...

jmo
What on earth would he "have" on her that he thought he needed to tell her mother about?

I get telling all their friends and PPL Associates, but why would he feel the need to call a 28 year olds mother when she had left home at what 16?

This keeps me awake at might!

Yes. And (not sure exactly, I think it may have been in the phone sex recording), he mentions something about raping her, he begins that by saying, when she was feeling miserable.... It made me think it was her fantasy and that he indulged in talking that way to cheer her.

The context was that he was complimenting her, raving how photogenic she is, and when she demurs, saying she's not she's not photogenic she just chooses carefully. "Nah...you are so attractive." "Seriously, I've never seen you look bad in my life." "When I have puffy eyes and when I have all my makeup off." He says she still looks hot then and goes on to say there have been many times [when she didn't have makeup on] that he's, like, raped her. She agrees and says it's a good way to destress.

He then says he can go on forever sometimes, and they talk about that. And she relates how he initiated the oral sex right after she got her Brazilian on while she was asleep on the chair next to his bed. "You gotta admit, though, there's not many guys who would do that just for fun," he adds.

So he wasn't saying he raped her, he was just saying he found her hot even without makeup. It starts around the 18 minute mark on the tape.

ClosArgs said:
A show of hands, who has been banned by the JAII site?
I'd never go there voluntarily, much less try discuss anything with them, but I ended up there a couple of times clicking on a google link for something I was searching for. My copy of Detective Flores' report is from that site, and last time I ended up there they had some crime scene photos I'd never seen before. So I'll probably go back to look at the photos. btw twitter doesn't ban IP addresses because anybody can use proxies to get around an IP ban.

Not the 4th???? PLEASE don't tell me we're still going to be here!!
What IS your best guess for an end date?

Juan has said he expects his rebuttal to take a week, well he said 5 days. My guess they will be done by the end of April.

Seriously, there is something very wrong IF the trial runs into those upcoming holidays, especially the 4th of July.

And btw, you forgot Memorial Day.

:silly:

MOO

Thank you :)

I'm not getting the "domestic" aspect of the supposed "domestic violence" JA claims to have encountered. How does what ALV describes apply to a couple who were not and never were married, didn't co-habitate, had no kids, and MAY not have even been exclusive? It's as if the court is accepting a premise that is not accurate and I really think ALV's use as an expert witness should have been prevented.

I think ALV will be on T-W TH with Wilma and then Juan gets a crack at her next Monday. What does everyone think?

Arias abused Travis. Being a 'player' does not = abuse! Stalking, obsessing and manipulating does. That's what JA did! JM will make this clear during rebuttal and closing.

Hughes will take the stand during rebuttal and together with JM they will clear up the email thing and make JA look even worse.

There is no that JM would sign autographs just to be polite if he thought that it would hurt this trial in any way. He did it because he knows it's okay to do so and nothing bad can come from it. I may be wrong about this but even if a juror has seen it he/she will not be removed. Perhaps an instruction from the Judge.

Expect to see JM at his very best during the next couple of weeks. There's no stopping him now. Oh boy!
HLN "After Dark" just showed some of the people outside the courthouse, including one dressed in a bunny costume. Those in awe of Juan Martinez were shown, along with him posing for photos. I cannot see what harm there is in this. In fact I believe it is great that this man takes the time to stop and talk with people. It makes him very human and likable.

"Juanderful"!!

:D

He also isn't a media hound. One day with a TV news crew, he said NADA about the case, and there were not, and are not, hoards of groupies around that he is indulging. He has had a long time career and knows what is acceptable and what isn't.

Many other lawyers have been mentioned with far worse behavior and none of their behaviors got mistrials.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

A jury hasn't been sequestered in at least 20 yrs in AZ.

I think sequestration is a terrible fate, but I also think the longer this trial goes on the greater the possibility of a juror seeing or reading something inadvertently. And even though they are not locked up after court, they are sequestered in the respect that they cannot discuss the case with anyone, they can't really watch any news, and I think it would be tough not to be able to go to the grocery store and maybe even church. It is a catch 22 I guess. Have there been any high profile DP cases in AZ in the last 20 years? If so how did they turn out. I know that JM was involved in one. tia jmo

Here's one for a good laugh- I was over at the "other" site and saw where someone called Samuels and LaViolette a "Dream Team of accomplished & distinguished experts." :lol:

Ashley Thompson? Detective Flores interviewed her after she phoned in an anonymous tip saying they should look at her then-husband, Dustin Thompson, who she was in the process of divorcing.

She said she was a close friend of Travis', they had known each other about three years, but were friends and nothing else. It's in Detective Flores' report, page 12 and page 17.

On page 17, "She and Travis were very close and she had even asked Travis about moving in with him as a roommate after her separation from her husband, Dustin. Both she and Travis agreed it was not a good idea she move in, because of the way it might look. They were just good friends and they didn't want people to think something inappropriate was going on. After Travis was found she thought about how strange Dustin had been acting. It was during the few weeks leading up to Travis' death that she had moved out to her own apartment and they were both dealing with the possible foreclosure of their house. Since the day she made the anonymous call, her suspicions of Dustin have gone away....See detective Kaufman's supplemental report for the full details of the interview with Ashley."

And Ashley committed suicide a few months later. She shot herself in the head. At a downward angle. No stippling.

I don't think Dustin was questioned in her death. Case closed.

Nothing weird there. :rolleyes:

I think sequestriation is a bad idea. It breeds complacent jurors who just want to go home and they start making hasty and bad decisions. It's good they get to go home at night.

I've always thought that the CA jury developed a "pack mentality". Those who are leaders will naturally begin to lead & followers follow. Seemed they all wanted to go home and certain leaders decided the fastest way out the door was to say nothing was proven. Had they not been sequestered, perhaps some would've maintained more independence in their thinking. Who can say, but I often wonder if they have regrets.

I'm not getting the "domestic" aspect of the supposed "domestic violence" JA claims to have encountered. How does what ALV describes apply to a couple who were not and never were married, didn't co-habitate, had no kids, and MAY not have even been exclusive? It's as if the court is accepting a premise that is not accurate and I really think ALV's use as an expert witness should have been prevented.

There again, it is a ruling by the Judge which appears to be somewhat controversial. I will say it appears the Judge, in her ever-abundance-of-caution since this is a DP case, is allowing it in for those obvious reasons. However, I do not see how this is domestic violence/abuse any more than you do.

MOO

THey were testified to in court. Check out the testimony of Travis's ex girlfriend and Chris and Sky Hughes.

Is there something you aren't getting about it being mild emotional abuse that's common as rain with most guys outside of Travis's religion?

And again, it DOES. NOT. MATTER. It's nothing at all like horrible psychological abuse and a universe away from physical abuse.

I really do not think that Jodie and Travis were really ever a mutually exclusive "couple"... as Jodie's florid imagination would want everybody to believe. They had a sexual relationship, which quickly cooled when he realized that she was a nutcase.

Mild emotional abuse perpetrated by Travis, I don't think so. Severe emotional abuse perpetrated by Jodie upon Travis, culminating in his untimely and brutal death..YES

The email jodi refers to her testimony that she is upset with TA for not giving her editing credit regarding his book. Does anyone have a linK or screen print?

JMO
I think Jodi was Jealous of a lot of things. She was jealous about not getting Travis to recognize her in his book. She was jealous about Travis taking the other girl on the trip. She was jealous about Travis seeing other girls.

I think a large part of the motive was that she was a jealous lunatic of the variety that sits around and obsesses about something until she finally goes off into a killing spree.

I don't think she signed on for this at all, but once you are under subponea there is no going back.
:tos:

One of the qualities I notice about these celebrity experts, especially "pioneers" in their field, is that they are not used to being challenged. Their word is taken as fact by everyone, "she wrote the book," you might say.

This lack of peers to challenge and general surrounding of yes-people and "help us learn" foreign countries, means a theory that has gone wild and unchecked, like kudzo. Originally of benefit, preventing erosion and so forth, left to itself it consumes territory and chokes out native species.

Consequently, when Juan Martinez points out that her analysis of Jodi Arias as having been abused should be thrown out because there is no way she can make such a determination without an equal consideration given to the other intimate partner.

Relying on JA's lies for the basis of a conclusion will be her downfall, just as it was Samuel's. And giving her a book because jail is BORING? Well, doesn't that show that she "cares" for Jodi Arias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects