Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Padilla has a new show coming up soon. Thank goodness it will fall flat if he can't even get Casey out of jail.

He bit off more than he could chew. JMO.

Im not a big fan but in the interest of disclosure I would watch that trainwreck anyday, just wanted to agree with a point of view I would normally disagree with to be agreeable :)

I hear Padilla has a new show coming up soon. Thank goodness it will fall flat if he can't even get Casey out of jail.

He bit off more than he could chew. JMO.

I don't want to talk about the self professed "media *advertiser censored*" anymore. I'd rather talk about the case minus the Padilla Circus Act from Hades.....; )

:furious:

The one that's green, but in some lights purple? What is it made of??? Why was it made???

Having said that, I think Nancy Grace is fantastic. She gets her facts wrong sometimes, but she's much better at follow up questions than Greta is. Quick thinker!

It's obviously made of something radioactive, I'll see if I can find the link to back up my statement...:crazy:

I like Nancy Grace, too, but sometimes a little of her goes a long, long way.

Lanie

I'm happy to see this. Cindy said for everyone to get off their keesters and find her grand daughter. Now that someone has, they're catching all hell for it.

It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other that he's a media hound or not. He's there to help and that's more than I'm able to do. If I had the resources, I'd be there in a second.
What has he done to find Caylee?

Here's the whole transcript and wftv said that that the Cindy meltdown occurred "off camera".

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/...-nancy-grace-show-with-bounty-hunter-padilla/

If you don't want to read the whole transcript, here is the portion where she called Casey a punk LOL

"PADILLA: That`s not — law enforcement hasn`t charged her with a murder, attempted murder or any kind of a homicide. What more do you need?

LALAMA: Bethany Marshall, psychoanalyst and author of “Deal Breakers,” is there a psychological component? I mean, Mr. Padilla obviously believes he`s got something up his sleeve, he`s got some trick, some ability to make this woman, who has basically been a punk in many ways in her attitude towards people — I don`t know whether she hurt anybody or buried anybody or did anything. And let`s keep in mind, she is a person of interest in terms of anything more foul than a disappearance. So let`s keep that in mind.

We don`t know what she did. But she acts pretty darn-self righteous. What is it about Mr. Padilla that thinks he`s going to get something out of her nobody else has gotten?

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST: Well, I do hope he ends up being the criminal whisperer. But if she`s not bonded enough to her own child to tell the truth, how is she going to bond to a guy in a 10-gallon hat? I mean, let`s keep in mind why pathological liars lie. They lie even when there`s no long-term incentive. That is essentially a feature of the disorder. So whoever is going to get her to tell the truth is going to have to incentivize her."

Cindy took offense at the word 'punk' but didn't have a problem with the whole "not bonded enough to her child"?

Now there's a weird priority for you.

Dunlurken, my understanding is that Baez was/is in contact with a person described only as a "well-known journalist" in NY, who acted as an intermediary in getting the Padilla's involved.

Leonard Padilla has stated on-cam that he had been following the case in the media, and his nephew in a phone interview made a comment about wanting to support his uncle's belief that he could get Casey to spill the beans.

It's always possible as someone stated above that they weren't the first choice, but there's enough opacity surrounding their hiring (and whether they were in fact hired, or if they volunteered) to make me curious.

I'm also curious about the $50,000 Leonard says he paid to Tony for the bond deposit. Why on earth would he shell out $50,000 of his own money for this girl? Is he fronting it, expecting to get it back, or does Tony get to keep it?

With all due respect, I think that the last thing that this case needs is any more "flair" or characters.

That is exactly what detracts from the seriousness of this all and most of all detracts from finding Caylee. This is not a television show with a new twist. There is a little girl missing...for the love of God!

I agree. All this grandstanding could potentially step on law enforcement's toes and might actually hinder a resolution.

As much flack as Leonard, Tony, Rob and gang are getting for being there, I'll take a defensive stand and say that they are at least making an attempt. I'm sure if they were to pack up and go back to California, many would be bashing that they didn't find Caylee before they left.

I also try to keep in mind that they were contacted for their help. I'll still keep faith in these guys that there is something they can do to help find Caylee. It just doesn't seem like anyone else has been able to do it yet. I believe that any help would be appreciated if it brings Caylee home... safe and happy preferably, or else to put her to rest.

When the BH and BB first came on the scene TP said it was his uncles idea to go to FL and see if they could help, they were not contacted by the family. I heard LP say something the other night about all this being his nephews idea (TP). This is all for publicity and they need to go home. If they really wanted to do something they could organize searches instead of trying to get Casey out of jail. But then again I don't think that would get them in front of the camera's as much.

With all due respect, I think that the last thing that this case needs is any more "flair" or characters.

That is exactly what detracts from the seriousness of this all and most of all detracts from finding Caylee. This is not a television show with a new twist. There is a little girl missing...for the love of God!
With as many cases as there are out there screaming for attention...to have ANYONE colorful keeping her case in the national media is actually a blessing. In our Oklahoma case with two girls brutally murdered on a country road, we would welcome the flair or characters to keep it in the public eye to try to find out what happened. So I will have to respectfully disagree with you.

As long as this remains front page and involve the talking heads every day/night, the chances are increased that the right tips will come in to lead to Caylee. Many families BEG for any coverage at all.

I don't want to talk about the self professed "media *advertiser censored*" anymore. I'd rather talk about the case minus the Padilla Circus Act from Hades.....; )

:furious:

I'm with you. And can we stop talking about Nancy Grace's clothes as well. Can we stay on topic?

Now I forgot my question. Okay...... my point was that the only person who knows what happened to Caylee is Casey. She ain't talking, and is never going to. I would be shouting from the roof tops where I left my kid, and I would be answering any questions LE had. Like where is the carseat?

New Orleans once again is U.S. murder capital per CNN --- January 2008

Report coming up on Fox - probably nothing new though.

With as often as she takes them off and puts them back on during her reporting, I'd say there's a pretty good chance she's going to poke her own eyeballs out! She is an odd one.

One can only hope!

Suzi - my husband and I joke that hes somehow involved in the Caylee issue too --- since he seems to be involved in everything else lately --- HA!

This is what I'm wondering too????

Shamrock, I am also wondering. Do you think they have held some secret searches or is it possible that with some of the forensics back, they really have no idea where to search and the family is not helping at all.

You know, my son lives in Jax beach, and I think of all the water and brush just around there. It seems overwhelming to me. Here is Ohio, there would be some finite number of ponds to search but in Florida with all the swamps....how would they go about it? I am curious as to all the sleuthers ideas.

And a good morning, almost afternoon, to all!

What has he done to find Caylee?

I certainly remember how upset I was when I found out that Casey lawyered up and refused to talk to LE. She still won't talk to LE, but she will at least have a chance to talk to Padilla and bounty hunting gang.

And I do believe, even though we know she lies, most of us will be hanging on her every word to hope she slips up and spills a drop of truth about where Caylee is.

My only issue with them not searching because it's too ambiguous is that they have many volunteers that will come out if LE asked them to. It's happened in other cases and if LE came forward and asked for help searching to help defray costs, then why haven't they done that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member