Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
mck16, very true.... but also if it was as stranger abduction, by the time a very attentive school takes attendance, and realizes a student is not coming in late from say a dentist appt. Then if they contacted mom, and mom thought she might be cutting (keep in mind SL is 15, not 8) they could gain great distance. I am just saying if my sons school contacted me at say ten a.m., and said he was not in that day. I may actually leave work to go find him. I would assume he cut. If my son was eight y.o. then I would panic. The difference in age makes it more likely that a parent would not panic and call police immediately. IMHO

Many are also giving a close look at Marlene because she did not call police sooner. I have raised five kids, God help me. I have been through teen years with four so far. My son was not where he was supposed to be one night. I immediately assumed he had fibbed to me, never thought abduction. He was fourteen. I went out and searched for him. I found him and he was in deep doo doo. But.... I think even with great kids, when it comes to teens all parents know they can be unpredictable. IMHO

I have wondered about that myself. Why was it well into the evening before Marlene found out that Sierra was not in school that day? Maybe she found out earlier but thought Sierra might have skipped school and was waiting for her to get home to deal with it? But, there is no evidence that Sierra was a skipper and if she wasn't there would be no reason for Marlene to just assume that she had skipped. If Sierra didn't skip and no one had reason to believe she had, did Sierra typically come home late from school some days? That seems more reasonable in that maybe she wasn't missed at home until that time.

The school Sierra attended does not send the message out until the end of the day. That is why Marlene didnt even know she didnt go to school.

Marlene called Sierra at 3:45 pm as she was leaving work enroute to MH and got no answer and then she went home and Sierra wasnt there.... and she went to the school thinking Sierra may have missed the bus but didnt find her then she contacted Sierra's friends to see if they had seen her or heard from her and also found the message that she wasn't in school. After that she called police.

I dont know which happened first. More than likely she found the school message and then contacted her friends.

IMO

Good thoughts. Did Nancy Grace discuss the inhaler with Marlene? If so an important question would have been, "Did Sierra always carry her inhaler with her?"

:seeya: I was looking for this answer also, and I was also looking to see if NG asked Marlene about whether or not Sierra took her cell phone charger to school regularly.

Below are the links for the two NG Shows that Marlene appeared on :

Link for Transcript to NG Show on 3-23-12

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/23/ng.01.html

Link for Transcript to NG Show on 4-6-12

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

I hope this helps ... and for anyone who missed NG's shows with Marlene, worth a read ... or a "re-read" ...

MOO ...

I also keep hearing many say and feel that SL was street smart. I personally don't see that at all. I think she led a rather lucky and affluent life. It is the "in" thing for kids to pretend they are ghetto, but I could see she spent most nights at home, or at a friends house in a controlled environment. I actually think she was rather sheltered. IMHO

Hello, long time lurker, first time posting.

Just a few observations:

Sierra gave her phone number to one of her friends in a twitter post several months back. If someone was stalking her, they can do a reverse phone search and likely be able to find her address.

Also, she tweeted something to the effect of, " Its cold out here, I wish the bus would hurry up", fairly recently. That information would have given a potential stalker the information about what time she generally waited for the bus without having to drive by the area in advance.

I am not convinced it was a stalker necessarily but just throwing that out there.

My last comment is about the man who sierra had "convos" with, and posted screen shots of the conversations.
I was creeped out by the exchanges, especially when he said, "Guess who like you Sierra"?
I tried to find a twitter account with that name, but had no luck. I am certain the name is East Indian, as he appears to be.
I could not find anyone with a matching name, anywhere.
My thoughts on the exchange are based on having been a teenage girl at one point in time.
A. She was either mocking him, or was friendly enough with him that she felt she could play around with him.
B. The fact that she took screen shots of the convos and posted them in her images is something else to consider.
C. He is not listed in her followers, nor is she following him. How they know each other is not apparent.
D. When he says, " How's high school, it comes across as a question from an older person, or someone overseas. (just how it seems to me, no logic behind this really)
E. She gave the description, "Convos with S********h" in her title of the pic, which suggests someone else may know who he is or how she knows him.
None of these things indicate any necessary connection, but are good to consider.

Great catch ! "Hows high school " is an adult question... MOO

" How they know each other is not apparent " Maybe someone she saw face to face at times in her daily routine ? Wonder if he has a convenience store on her route ? Lots of East Indians do... Just a trhought...and MOO

I do agree that it is their perverted obsessive lust for children and their need to control someone else's life but I also think the thrill of the abduction is a part of their sick head game as well.

IMO

I wonder what it is that causes so many men to end up like this?? Very scary. On saying that our crime in Jamaica is more political and domestic....we don't get a lot of this. That's why it jumps out so much to me on the news....it seems on CNN there is always a child missing. It is disturbing and very frightening!

I also keep hearing many say and feel that SL was street smart. I personally don't see that at all. I think she led a rather lucky and affluent life. It is the "in" thing for kids to pretend they are ghetto, but I could see she spent most nights at home, or at a friends house in a controlled environment. I actually think she was rather sheltered. IMHO

I absolutely believe Sierra lead a sheltered.... pampered life style.

I dont see her as being street smart at all.

Maybe trying to pretend she was the 'ghetto' type of gal in order to fit in, but in reality, I think Sierra lived a very well rounded structured life.

IMO

I wonder about the dress code at the high school. I have only seen pictures of her posted on Twitter and FB. To me these pictures are provacative and show way too much of her breasts. But, as I said I don't know if she dressed this way on a daily basis in school. I think girls like the attention that someone thinks they are sexy but when any male approaches them they quickly shy away. This is okay for some guys, but some guys won't take no for an answer. jmo

The school Sierra attended does not send the message out until the end of the day. That is why Marlene didnt even know she didnt go to school.

Marlene called Sierra at 3:45 pm as she was leaving work enroute to MH and got no answer and then she went home and Sierra wasnt there.... and she went to the school thinking Sierra may have missed the bus but didnt find her then she contacted Sierra's friends to see if they had seen her or heard from her and also found the message that she wasn't in school. After that she called police.

I dont know which happened first. More than likely she found the school message and then contacted her friends.

IMO

That timeline sounds reasonable to me. I think most parents would check with friends first, and when you find out no one has seen her, then you call police. It's the way I would have handled the situation for a 15-year-old.

Oftentimes it looks sucpicious that a parent did not phone police for a couple hours but that is in hindsight, after it is known something is indeed wrong. It is a stretch to think that most parents would immediately assume their child has been abducted. IMO.

I wonder what it is that causes so many men to end up like this?? Very scary. On saying that our crime in Jamaica is more political and domestic....we don't get a lot of this. That's why it jumps out so much to me on the news....it seems on CNN there is always a child missing. It is disturbing and very frightening!

It is quite scary. The mental health professionals have been trying to figure that out for decades and havent made that much headway. They cannot predict who will do this and who will not.

But America for some reason is one of the most violent countries in the world even with the violent crime dropping according to the latest statistics.

But if this is a serial offender of young innocent females that has abducted, raped, and murdered others before then the doctors say that most of these individuals were grossly abused by their own mothers and that their victims will resemble their mothers when they were young. Most of them seem to have a love/hate relationship with their own moms.

So we have no way of knowing how many offenders like this are being created each and everyday in our country.

I am sure the FBI profilers are very involved in Sierra's case.

IMO

I just searched the person who made those comments on twitter that she screen shot, I do not believe this to be a man. I am betting this was someone she knew from the old neighborhood as she was a freshman and who wanted to know how high school was going as they had not spoke for a bit. He has a facebook acct....IMHO

That timeline sounds reasonable to me. I think most parents would check with friends first, and when you find out no one has seen her, then you call police. It's the way I would have handled the situation for a 15-year-old.

Oftentimes it looks sucpicious that a parent did not phone police for a couple hours but that is in hindsight, after it is known something is indeed wrong. It is a stretch to think that most parents would immediately assume their child has been abducted. IMO.

I absolutely think Marlene did everything that she should have done before she contacted LE.

I dont think anyone would automatically think that. They would assume as Marlene did and check to see if it was something benign first.

IMO

I just searched the person who made those comments on twitter that she screen shot, I do not believe this to be a man. I am betting this was someone she knew from the old neighborhood as she was a freshman and who wanted to know how high school was going as they had not spoke for a bit. He has a facebook acct....IMHO

Yes! that makes perfect sense. But why do you think it is not a man? I will look right now for the fb account. It did not come up when I did the initial search.

It is quite scary. The mental health professionals have been trying to figure that out for decades and havent made that much headway. They cannot predict who will do this and who will not.

But America for some reason is one of the most violent countries in the world even with the violent crime dropping according to the latest statistics.

But if this is a serial offender of young innocent females that has abducted, raped, and murdered others before then the doctors say that most of these individuals were grossly abused by their own mothers and that their victims will resemble their mothers when they were young. Most of them seem to have a love/hate relationship with their own moms.

So we have no way of knowing how many offenders like this are being created each and everyday in our country.

I am sure the FBI profilers are very involved in Sierra's case.

IMO

It is very disturbing. A few years ago I was in a Mall in Palm Beach and in one of the stores....I think it was Nordstrom, there was a little boy running up and down crying for his mother. At first I thought, well I'm sure she must be in the changing room or something and he wondered off...yet he kept crying and running around in circles for what it seemed like a very long time. I went up the the cashier nearby and asked if she could please find his mother....or call a manager. Her answer to me was that she did not want to get involved! I was appalled! I said to her well God forbid, if he runs out and some predator snaps him up, please find his mother NOW! I was just so disgusted that everyone was taking such a backseat when this child was obviously traumatized. Turns out his mother was in the restaurant upstairs and he has run off. I don't think we can be too paranoid about our children, if my nephew of 6 was with me in the Mall, nothing would ever distract me, nothing....to take my eyes off of him. I am just paranoid due to the news reports.

Especially since the phone and bag were left to be found anyway...there was no way, IMO, to know that Sierra would not be known to be missing for 11 hours or so...even if the person happened to know the school policy, they wouldn't have any way of knowing that Sierra was not in regular contact during the day with her mom and that her mom would not call the school much earlier... making me believe that she probably went willingly at first...

I know it is possible that a total stranger was able to take her in an instant without a sign, but I don't see it , personally. She was not a 7-yr old, she is 15 and a pretty street-smart girl, probably. I think there would be likely to be SOME sign of an altercation...JMOJMOJMO

But when we look at the case of the beautiful Amber Dubois, we see a strong,smart 15 yr old who was taken by a stranger in broad daylight before school, without any signs left of a struggle. He pulled up in a car, flashed his weapon and she was so scared that she complied out of fear.

But when we look at the case of the beautiful Amber Dubois, we see a strong,smart 15 yr old who was taken by a stranger in broad daylight before school, without any signs left of a struggle. He pulled up in a car, flashed his weapon and she was so scared that she complied out of fear.

I know how it feels when someone says they are going to kill you. My ex did this to me and had a weapon pointed at my head at the time. I did everything humanly possible that he wanted me to do because I wanted to live. All I could think about is if I tried to appease him he would let me live and my children wouldnt be without their mother and thank God he backed off. There is such paralyzing fear and the instinct is so strong to want to live and preserve your life.

And just the mere size of a man can be overwhelming to a tiny petite female. They dont even have to use a weapon to strike fear. Some of the girls have been beaten to death or strangled. Most females are just no match for an adult male who has intentions of doing them harm.

That is why more adult age females are buying firearms than ever before. Over 250K females a year who had a legal firearm prevented rapes from happening.

IMO

Don't forget that other countries (especially those with large tourist industries) do not publish the true numbers for abductions and murders (or other violent or serial crimes). So, don't wonder why this type of thing doesn't happen elsewhere around the world. It does. But, those countries sweep it under the rug.

Even here, many abductions and murders are swept under the rug and no one ever hears about them.

On Dateline last night, they did a thing on "stranger danger" where they had several scenarios. One was with older children (one 14) who were making "care packages" for the troops. A man came up to them with a camera and said he was looking for kids to be in a new reality show. Almost all of the kids let the man take their picture, told him their names, and home addresses.

Another scenario involved younger children and this time, the man was in an ice cream truck. He offered the kids free ice cream and then asked if they wanted to "tour" his ice cream truck. All of the kids went in the truck, even the daughter of a policeman who speaks at schools to warn kids about "stranger danger."

Afterward, all of the kids admitted that they knew it was a bad idea and some said they even had a bad feeling about the guy, but that they just could not resist.

See to me, Amber appeared much more like a little girl to me, than Sierra...she was shy, into her books and animals....I never got any impression of Amber other than as a young girl...not the impression Sierra gave off, unwittingly or not, IMO.... (Amber was 14, no? Just for the record...)

Don't forget that other countries (especially those with large tourist industries) do not publish the true numbers for abductions and murders (or other violent or serial crimes). So, don't wonder why this type of thing doesn't happen elsewhere around the world. It does. But, those countries sweep it under the rug.

Even here, many abductions and murders are swept under the rug and no one ever hears about them.

Yes Nutkin you are right....the crime in Jamaica is published though....hence the reason why Jamaica can be such a hard sell at times. However our crime is mainly broken down into political reprisal, drug crime in inner cities of Kingston, and domestic....domestic meaning crimes of passion, etc. I agree with other large countries like the UK there must be about same stats regarding crime upon children? Does anyone know? Maybe it is because our news in Jamaica is centered and filtered from the USA. We get same channels as you. The major networks, HLN, CNN et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123