• Burke was involved in the death of JBR

Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wenchie said:
That was my original theory, too. It seemed to be the only thing that made sense. I imagined Patsy walking in on John molesting her daughter, and Jonbenet getting caught in the middle of a fight over it.

As time went by, though - that theory faded for me. I think that John was suspicious when he first saw the note, but couldn't confront Patsy at a time like that. I think that the "look" that Linda Arndt saw when they were both leaning over Jonbenet's body was a combination of John's realization that Patsy had, indeed, killed Jonbenet - and his decision to save Patsy.

I agree with Steve Thomas about it being a rage killing. I don't really believe that Jonbenet was sexually molested. It sounded like John wasn't even home much, let alone having long periods of time spent alone with Jonbenet. I tend to believe that the vaginal injuries were from rough wiping by Patsy when she was in a semi-rage.

Sounding like a broken record but I have seen her rage.It will stay with me forever. I have also seen it in my birth family.So, in a strange way Patsy has saved me. To actually see what rage will do and the consequences and coverup has defined me for the last few years.I spend my time talking about this and hoping someone else will see it too.

concernedperson said:
Sounding like a broken record but I have seen her rage.It will stay with me forever. I have also seen it in my birth family.So, in a strange way Patsy has saved me. To actually see what rage will do and the consequences and coverup has defined me for the last few years.I spend my time talking about this and hoping someone else will see it too.

ConcernedPerson: You don't sound like a broken record to me. What do you mean you have seen Patsy's rage??????

concernedperson said:
Your opinions are so close to mine in this case and many others. I think sometimes we are speaking from the same viewpoint.

Sometimes I think we are are the same person! I've read many of your posts and thought they were mine... :)

Not sure why this poll and thread popped up, but I can't vote completely on either choice. There needed to be a third option- that he knows what happened.
I can't commit to his total and solitary involvement, but there are a lot of things he is keeping secret.
I believe JAR was still in Boulder Christmas Day and night. He is proven to have been at the R party on the 23 (he appears in a photo of the party). I believe JR hired lawyers for him and his mother to prevent them from having to provide photographic proof of his presence in Atlanta Christmas Day. The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. The theater ticket purporting to show he had been in a movie in Atlanta could have belonged to anyone.

Not sure why this poll and thread popped up, but I can't vote completely on either choice. There needed to be a third option- that he knows what happened.
I can't commit to his total and solitary involvement, but there are a lot of things he is keeping secret.
I believe JAR was still in Boulder Christmas Day and night. He is proven to have been at the R party on the 23 (he appears in a photo of the party). I believe JR hired lawyers for him and his mother to prevent them from having to provide photographic proof of his presence in Atlanta Christmas Day. The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. The theater ticket purporting to show he had been in a movie in Atlanta could have belonged to anyone.

I know I've seen that photo of JAR at the ATM machine...is it still around?

I have not seen the photo of JAR at the atm but I agree with DeeDee that there is a good chance he was still in Boulder that night. I dont believe for one moment that Mr. Barnhill was mistaken about seeing him Christmas day. One thing I did find strange was that JAR's friend supposedly spent the night with him (in his room). This was one part of his alibi. I dont know about this, isn't it strange that twenty year olds had a sleep-over? Not the sleep-over part but the fact that he stayed in JAR's room. That sounds suspicious to me, as in a made-up story to cover for JAR.

It would be interesting to know if LE found any gifts for JAR still at the Ramsey's or on the plane. After all, if he had been there that morning, I'm sure he would have already been given his gifts. Add to that, no videotaping of Christmas morning and I'm pretty convinced of his presence. This would be a very good way to keep BR silent as well, even if he was not involved in what happened, he wouldn't want his big brother to go to prison.

It would be interesting to know if LE found any gifts for JAR still at the Ramsey's or on the plane. After all, if he had been there that morning, I'm sure he would have already been given his gifts. Add to that, no videotaping of Christmas morning and I'm pretty convinced of his presence. This would be a very good way to keep BR silent as well, even if he was not involved in what happened, he wouldn't want his big brother to go to prison.

Excellent point- too bad the police didn't think of it. Was the plane ever searched at all?

Why would they search the victims plane, when they didn't even search the 'victims' as they left 755 15th street? In fact they didn't search anyone, the R's, including Burke, any of their friends, or make a list of everything taken out of the house by Patsys sister, that took two police cars to carry.

Why would they search the victims plane, when they didn't even search the 'victims' as they left 755 15th street? In fact they didn't search anyone, the R's, including Burke, any of their friends, or make a list of everything taken out of the house by Patsys sister, that took two police cars to carry. :great:

SunnieRN,

Good point. We have a homicide and a relative of the victim is allowed to remove stuff from the crime scene, what! Is this Boulder or Moscow?

Why do I think conspiracy?

DeeDee249,

We know Burke was involved. If only in the coverup. I reckon he was sipping tea as JonBenet snacked on pineapple, so he knows what JonBenet was wearing, white gap top or pink nightgown? He knows she was not placed into her bed by her parents. Remember he said he saw her walk into the house after the White's party. So he must know now his parents are/were telling lies, and that he is part of the coverup, and may even be the offender?

If JAR was the offender why would Patsy cover for him, or is he an just an accessory?

Hey DeeDee.

The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. -DD

uhmm, I can't remember having ever seen a JAR at ATM photo, Where
would it have been seen?

Hey DeeDee.

The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. -DD

uhmm, I can't remember having ever seen a JAR at ATM photo, Where
would it have been seen?

Someone posted it here a while back.

As for why Patsy would cover for JAR? If JR forced her to, she would. Or if her own son was somehow involved as well.

Someone posted it here a while back.

As for why Patsy would cover for JAR? If JR forced her to, she would. Or if her own son was somehow involved as well.

DeeDee249,

ITA :great:

That does look like JAR in the photo of the dec 23d Christmas party but it turned out to be a boyfriend of one of Priscilla's sisters.

Someone molested JonBenet on the 23d, but who? An adult or a child?

Were the kids playing Doctor in the basement? How many male children were at the party?

Going through old JAR related threads, looking for ATM photo. it's all here at WS, somewhere!

yep,interesting that he hired lawyers for his family but not for Patsy's.and why so eager to have the cops clear JAR and Melinda and not a word about Don P. or someone else in P's fam?IMO he didn't want his ex wife and kids TALK about HIM.

JAR is told by LE to write his feelings and the who and what of JonBenet's murder. He comments on the amount of the ransom and how he could pay that amount. He notes the references to movies in the rn. He talks about Patsy being "flashy" and perhaps it was one of her friends who commited the crime. He talks about the movie Ransom and how it relates to his family. He talks about "forgiving" the killer. Steve Thomas comments on how JAR had "attitude".

If JAR is willing to forgive the killer...then it must be either his father or brother. I don't think JAR would cover for his step-mother.

JAR is told by LE to write his feelings and the who and what of JonBenet's murder. He comments on the amount of the ransom and how he could pay that amount. He notes the references to movies in the rn. He talks about Patsy being "flashy" and perhaps it was one of her friends who commited the crime. He talks about the movie Ransom and how it relates to his family. He talks about "forgiving" the killer. Steve Thomas comments on how JAR had "attitude".

If JAR is willing to forgive the killer...then it must be either his father or brother. I don't think JAR would cover for his step-mother.

BBM

Toltec, I agree with you that JAR would not have covered for Patsy if she had been the lone killer. But what of the theory that she caught him molesting JB, took a swing at him, missed him and hit JB my mistake? In this scenario he had a really good motive for covering her hide as well as his own. I also believe this was the reason JR hired lawyers for his family and not Patsy's. After all, if they weren't involved (or had no real knowledge), they would not have needed lawyers.

The only person I can see John Ramsey covering for, would be one or both of his sons. I honestly don't see he and Patsy as having a wonderful, close intimate marriage prior to JonBenet's death. This leads me to believe there was a STRONG reason for NOT trying to sell Patsy down the river. They were in this together, for whatever the reason. I believe it had to be to protect their other child.

I agree with you Becky, that if JAR, or JAR and Burke, were caught molesting JonBenet, than it would most likely mean that Patsy had attempted to stop them, by hitting JAR, but hit JB instead, by accident. In this case, John would of course protect Patsy, as in turn, he would be protecting his son or sons.

Interesting how JAR made references to movies like Ransom. Doesn't the RN sound like some movie influence too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member