Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

http://www.catawbacountync.gov/depts/regdeed/faqs.asp

What are the requirements to obtain a marriage license?

All Ages:
Both BRIDE and GROOM must personally appear at the Register of Deed office.
Both BRIDE and GROOM must present a valid government picture ID card (driver's license, State ID, passport/VISA). A Matricular Consular or an Instituto Federal Electoral will be accepted as long as our translator is present or a translation is presented.
Both BRIDE and GROOM must provide a valid Social Security Number by presenting your Social Security Card or a permanent record showing your social security number (Example: Insurance card; a signed printout from the SSA that shows your name and number; Check stub with company name, your name and SS number; Tax return; DD214 or W-2 form)
If you do not have a Social Security Number a notarized affidavit that indicates that you are not eligible for one can be picked up at our office.
You will then need to provide a certified birth certificate that is translated into English and notarized
Hospital records or photocopies of required documents will not be accepted in place of original documents unless other wise indicated.
If applicable, Both BRIDE and GROOM will need to provide a filed copy (does not have to be certified) of their divorce papers or the death certificate of their previous spouse if recorded in North Carolina. Please NOTE if divorce took place prior to 1988, allow time for Clerk’s Office to retrieve copy from Raleigh. If the divorce or death took place OUT of STATE, then a CERTIFIED COPY is required. This only applies to your last marriage and is required regardless of how long ago this happened. You will find this change across the state because it’s important and necessary to know that the divorce has been properly finalized. These documents can be found in the county and state or country that the death or divorce took place. Sorry for the inconvenience this will cause, but the following websites will be able to assist you in locating your information.
IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA death certificates are recorded in the Register of Deeds’ Offices in which information can be found at http://www.ncard.us At the Welcome statement click on “please click here”
IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA divorces are recorded in the Clerk of Court’s Offices in which information can be found at http://www.nccourts.org/County Click on the county you need and then to the left click on Court Telephone Directory.
OUT of STATE offices for either can be located at http://www.vitalrec.com

I don't think so. My cousin got married in Gatlinburg. They just went and got the license in Gatlinburg when they got there and got married the next day. A license is only good in the state that issued it.

So where do they file for divorce, NC or TN? :waitasec:

So where do they file for divorce, NC or TN? :waitasec:

If they divorced they would file in whatever state they had resided in for the previous 6 months...whether that was NC, TN or wherever. Its the same with child custody and child support cases.
I know when we sought custody of my stepdaughters we had to file quickly because their mother had moved them off to NY (without consent) 3 months earlier. The lawyer told us that they were under the authority of NC courts until they had been in NY for 6 months. So, if we waited until after the 6 months we would have to file and fight it out in NY.

OT but AB is due in Catawba county court this morning for worthless checks here. Wonder if he will show.

[ they huote=Kamille;5819927]Any address check will tell you that it was Phillips Lane. I believe he is still there. Interesting that the neighbour who got AB the job also thought AY was her brother until a month or so before they moved. Perhaps this is why they moved. Was there a falling out when AB found out this news?

MOO[/quote]
MOO

My husband is a very even keeled man, but I think if I pulled such a stunt he would tell us both to go to **** and he would most definitely leave I bet AB was not too happy with EB or AY. I find this so bizarre why would AY go along with this sham? I feel sick it's so twisted! :sick:

Try to remember the guys EB has married are not suspects, and are innocent bystanders in all this. Do not sleuth them and post their personal info on here, and do try to avoid using full names.

I fully realize EB's records are also theirs, but please be sensitive to their privacy in your posts.

I cannot post the name. You can go here and search for EB's name but use her maiden name that starts with an "F".

http://rod.co.caldwell.nc.us/resolution/LandRecords/protected/SrchQuickName.aspx

Thanks, okay that one doesn't show up at ancestry...anwhere :waitasec:

There was another one with the alias of Allred but the first name of the "groom" was different so obviously that's not her.

Wonder if they are even divorced. Bet it's unlikely that they were when she married AY in 1998. :snooty:

Try to remember the guys EB has married are not suspects, and are innocent bystanders in all this. Do not sleuth them and post their personal info on here, and do try to avoid using full names.

I fully realize EB's records are also theirs, but please be sensitive to their privacy in your posts.

Not using their full names is kind of tricky, Ducky. There's no real way to back up a statement of fact with a msm link that doesn't list full names.

Do you have any guidelines for us with respect to that?

I think you may post the link, but when snipping or posting portions therefrom or discussing what is within the linked material, you have to convert full names into innitials?

Is that right Ducky?

Not using their full names is kind of tricky, Ducky. There's no real way to back up a statement of fact with a msm link that doesn't list full names.

Do you have any guidelines for us with respect to that?

The policy here is not to drag bystanders into everything when they are not connected to the case. Therefore, we prefer initials. We ask posters to do the best they can with this.

If MSM or other sites use their full names that is their business. I didn't ask you to avoid linking to such sites. I only asked you not to post their full names here, and to try to edit any quotes from MSM to initials rather than full names.

If you have any further questions about the policies here, please direct them to me or another mod or admin in a PM, as I prefer not to derail the conversations with discussion of the regulations (it tends to kill conversation, which is not my intent). If you think my original post requires clarification, I can do that.

(ETA: I want to clarify and reiterate, of course, that I don't mind at all when people have questions or concerns - just that it is easier to do this over PM rather through posts like this... I also will see your question quicker via PM, which is also a bonus.)

Please, carry on. And thanks for trying to work with these policies, though I know they can be confusing. Believe me, I know that as well as anyone! :)

So who's gonna make the spread sheet to keep up with all these marriages? lol

Okay so this is what I got from ancestry.com for EB's divorces...

North Carolina Divorce Index, 1958-2004
Marriage & Divorce

Name: EW******
Spouse: JW******
Marriage: Sept 14, 1985 - North Carolina
Divorce: Jan 29, 1986 - Caldwell, North Carolina

Name: EPr*****
Spouse: JDPr*****
Marriage: Sept 5, 1987- South Carolina
Divorce: Feb 6, 1992 - Burke, North Carolina

Name: EH*****
Spouse: AH*****
Marriage: Apr 7,1991 - South Carolina
Divorce: Dec 14,1995 - Lenoir, North Carolina

Name: EPu****
Spouse: DPu****
Marriage: 4 - South Carolina *
Divorce: Nov 22, 1999 - Cleveland, North Carolina

*note* This one is missing the marriage date in the records. It just has the number 4 listed. 1994? She is listed as Elisa Pu**** in other records (address and arrest) in 1995 so she would have been married to him at least since then.

These are from divorce records. Interesting to note there was no record of divorce for Elisa Allred. I suppose there is no guarantee that these are all actually her, these are just based on the aliases she was using during those time periods.

Here is a question to ponder over. Not only did EB tell AB that AY was her brother, the entire family did. They also told their neighbors he was too. They guy lived across the street from them and was part of their lives. What was in it for everyone to fool AB into thinking AY was EB's brother?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back