ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Niner :) I always thought she was referring to Annie's dog. The 2 1/2 year old I was with last weekend rarely pronounces anyone's name correctly - she says "pissa" instead of "pizza" - Z's seem pretty difficult for them at that age. I'll bet she was saying "Annie" and Cindy just assumed she meant "Zanny". JMO

Thanks LampChop & vlpate! Appreciate the explanations. And I take it Annie is a "friend" of OKC? I stopped following this case before the document dump, so hadn't read some of things people (WSers) are now talking about! Quite interesting to go back and read them now after the trial, and see all the lies by Cindy, etc. Amazing!!

Hey Niner :) I always thought she was referring to Annie's dog. The 2 1/2 year old I was with last weekend rarely pronounces anyone's name correctly - she says "pissa" instead of "pizza" - Z's seem pretty difficult for them at that age. I'll bet she was saying "Annie" and Cindy just assumed she meant "Zanny". JMO

I think that was another lie by CA to bolster the Nanny theory. She knew there was no job and no nanny. A clip from CA's myspace post:

"The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead she tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?"

IMO

I think that was another lie by CA to bolster the Nanny theory. She knew there was no job and no nanny. A clip from CA's myspace post:

"The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead she tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?"

IMO
I hope the jury does read here. Though I'm not sure they would have seen motive in Cindy's posting...I sure did.

I hope the jury does read here. Though I'm not sure they would have seen motive in Cindy's posting...I sure did.

Did I miss it? Was Cindy's Myspace post entered into evidence during the trial?

Not that I recall. That "no money no future" statement always puzzled me.
In view of another Cindy statement that she went to Universal to look for Caylee/Casey during those 31 days.
Would both CA and GA be called again as witnesses during the civil trial?
I wonder about that.

Not that I recall. That "no money no future" statement always puzzled me.
In view of another Cindy statement that she went to Universal to look for Caylee/Casey during those 31 days.
Would both CA and GA be called again as witnesses during the civil trial?
I wonder about that.

..LDB tried to get the "myspace" entry in (on the day cindy was conning us into believing she was being sincere for 10 seconds) baez objected----as to improper foundation, b/c of the stolen money reference, which hadn't yet been brought into evidence------judgeP agreed and sustained the objection.

..cindy & george will most definitely be called as witnesses in the civil case, civilian depos have also been done by annie downing, lee, and james hoover.

..their "expert" witness list, filed februaury 2010 unbelievably has 64 names on it!..OCSO, FDLE, MBI, FBI, the body farm...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/26277942/Zenaida-Gonzalez-Witness-List
---zenaida v kc 'expert' witness list---

Sorry Intermezzo...talking after the fact. If this posting had been allowed...would it have made a difference?

Sorry Intermezzo...talking after the fact. If this posting had been allowed...would it have made a difference?

It depends on whether the jury listened that day or if it was right before the "desert lady". Just kidding. lol

Maybe the "Desert Lady" should write a book about what she served the jury. Might be interestly. How much sugar can affect a jury's deliberations???? jmo

White puppy? :eek: J/K I think Zannys dog was actually Ricardos dog. He had a little dog and since Caylee spent so much time there, she may have talked about the dog. Heck, since FCA was telling CA they were at Zanny's Caylee may have even thought Zanny was Ricardo's nickname.

She might even have been talking about the family's own somewhat "white" dogs...

I think the myspace posting should have been allowed as well as the Diary of Days, along with the time frame. It to me is obviously a reply.

Thanks LampChop & vlpate! Appreciate the explanations. And I take it Annie is a "friend" of OKC? I stopped following this case before the document dump, so hadn't read some of things people (WSers) are now talking about! Quite interesting to go back and read them now after the trial, and see all the lies by Cindy, etc. Amazing!!

Annie Downing was a good friend of hers...even spent the night when FCA was out on bond. She had to be subpoenaed to get her interview. She was upset with FCA at that point because some IM messages came out where FCA said she could hit her friend Annie up for some Xanax. Although Annie said she had had a script for Xanax she had only given it out one time to a guy friend. At the time of course there was speculation that Zanny was code for Xanax and that FCA had been drugging Caylee. Ricardo was FCAs exboyfriend and I remember a pic of him I think from the Enquirer article and he had a little dog.

Well I don't know. I guess I hoped it would have shed some light or maybe given a few of the jurors a light bulb moment into possible motive.

I think the myspace posting should have been allowed as well as the Diary of Days, along with the time frame. It to me is obviously a reply.

I agree.
To you and I it's obviously a reply but who knows how the jury would have interpreted it.

IMO, all KC's attorneys have to say is that ZFG was made up, game over. MOO. It is a "ruined reputation" lawsuit for 15,000. I am sure there are many people with that name and they are not filing lawsuits. If someone said I left my child with Mark Jones, or Mary Jones, Hypothetically,what evidence is there that one didleave a child a with Mark Jones or Mary Jones? The case has no merit, there is no evidence linking KC to a ZFG, only KC's statement which KC admitted was a lie. ZFG never lived at Sawgrass apartments.

Let me put this another way as so many seem to think this lawsuit will go somewhere:

My name is Mary Jones, some nutcase says that I was a caretaker for a person later found dead. The nutcase has no info on how to contact me, no correspondance whatsoever. No link back to me.

How in the world could/would a court find that the nutcase meant me?

It is all speculation on M&M's view, IMO.

I do believe it will go nowhere. Think about it........if someone threw your name out there, and it is a common name, would you be out there claiming your reputation was ruined?
ZFG (especially in the latin community) is a very common name. How do M&M prove she meant this ZFG? Frivolous. MOO

Remember: Z Fernandez G, This is what KC said. This ZG doesn't have the middle name of Fernandez.

I agree that there isn't going to be proof she is one because the complete name doesn't even match.

I don't know how to post links here, but I thought I might update this thread anyway.

FCA is going to be deposed Saturday in the civil case involving ZFG, but she expected to plead the fifth.

In the Orlando Sentinel online article, Matt Morgan, JFG Attorney says they have to run through the questions anyway and that her expected refusal to provide answers will form the basis for the Morgans to ask the Circuit Judge determine whether her Fifth Amendment claims are legitimate. A favorable ruling for the Morgans could then eventually lead to a deposition in which Anthony would be compelled to answer questions openly and honestly.

Matt Morgan said Casey Anthony's ongoing appeal in her convictions for lying to law enforcement is expected to be the reason for her refusal to testify Saturday.

Matt Morgan said he expects Casey Anthony's defense to try to have Saturday's deposition sealed, but that will be challenged by the Morgans as well. They will argue that whatever Anthony says during the deposition is a public record that should be available for public review.

Morgan said it will be "eventful to see her reaction" to the questions Saturday.

I don't know how to post links here, but I thought I might update this thread anyway.

FCA is going to be deposed Saturday in the civil case involving ZFG, but she expected to plead the fifth.

In the Orlando Sentinel online article, Matt Morgan, JFG Attorney says they have to run through the questions anyway and that her expected refusal to provide answers will form the basis for the Morgans to ask the Circuit Judge determine whether her Fifth Amendment claims are legitimate. A favorable ruling for the Morgans could then eventually lead to a deposition in which Anthony would be compelled to answer questions openly and honestly.

Matt Morgan said Casey Anthony's ongoing appeal in her convictions for lying to law enforcement is expected to be the reason for her refusal to testify Saturday.

Matt Morgan said he expects Casey Anthony's defense to try to have Saturday's deposition sealed, but that will be challenged by the Morgans as well. They will argue that whatever Anthony says during the deposition is a public record that should be available for public review.

Morgan said it will be "eventful to see her reaction" to the questions Saturday.

my bold. finally answers my question as to why morgan & morgan dont simply wait til the appeal is denied. now I get it. they get to irritate her twice. haha!

I believe she will continue to refuse to answer and allow ZG to win the lawsuit. I bet she is thinking that it doesnt matter since she is already in debt up to her eyeballs but that is foolish - she should think that she may grow the fork up someday and want to have a life.

all this living in JB or whoemever's basement playing facebook games and horking up taco bell is NOT a long term game plan and it is not infinitely sustainable.

re: tomorrow depo. I posted this in another thread re: LG question, am reposting it here in correct thread. does anyone know if depo will definitely be sealed? Thanks.

Originally Posted by logicalgirl
Are we going to be able to watch the depo tomorrow live or are we waiting until Morgan et al upload it - anyone know? Thx.

me: we may never see it..or at least for quite a while. I remember reading FCA's atty Greene asked that the depo be sealed.
I found this article, link below, will see if I can find one if a decision was made re: sealing..

IMO this judge will let it be sealed, whatever reason FCA's atty will come up with. I just highly doubt we will get to "see her face" at all right now seeing other attys JB et al are trying to save that for more big $$$$$ (even though we saw her face once in Ohio pics, THEY want to get $$$$ for that face, not for free via some legal proceedings, God forbid). IMO they will relate this necessary sealing somehow to the 'lynch mob" and "death threats" so it will not be safe for anyone to see her on a computer screen via skype, in some roundabout fashion.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...asey-anthony-zanny-zenaida-fernandez-gonzalez
-snip-bbm+um
Meanwhile, Charles Greene, the attorney representing Anthony in this case, said a recent psychological evaluation of Anthony indicated she is "emotionally unstable" and needs to be given "breathing room."

He suggested they wait a month to take Anthony's deposition and give a "little breathing room."

Greene also requested that when Anthony is deposed, that deposition be sealed and not broadcast live over the Internet.

MOO.

re: tomorrow depo. I posted this in another thread re: LG question, am reposting it here in correct thread. does anyone know if depo will definitely be sealed? Thanks.

Originally Posted by logicalgirl
Are we going to be able to watch the depo tomorrow live or are we waiting until Morgan et al upload it - anyone know? Thx.

me: we may never see it..or at least for quite a while. I remember reading FCA's atty Greene asked that the depo be sealed.
I found this article, link below, will see if I can find one if a decision was made re: sealing..

IMO this judge will let it be sealed, whatever reason FCA's atty will come up with. I just highly doubt we will get to "see her face" at all right now seeing other attys JB et al are trying to save that for more big $$$$$ (even though we saw her face once in Ohio pics, THEY want to get $$$$ for that face, not for free via some legal proceedings, God forbid). IMO they will relate this necessary sealing somehow to the 'lynch mob" and "death threats" so it will not be safe for anyone to see her on a computer screen via skype, in some roundabout fashion.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...asey-anthony-zanny-zenaida-fernandez-gonzalez
-snip-bbm+um
Meanwhile, Charles Greene, the attorney representing Anthony in this case, said a recent psychological evaluation of Anthony indicated she is "emotionally unstable" and needs to be given "breathing room."

He suggested they wait a month to take Anthony's deposition and give a "little breathing room."

Greene also requested that when Anthony is deposed, that deposition be sealed and not broadcast live over the Internet.

MOO.

When they asked, it wasn't long after she was let out. Now, nothing about death threats, and we all know that Casey has been sitting alone drinking beer where ever she's hidden. There's no reason to keep this sealed. Things are quiet. No one is talking much about her anymore thanks to Amanda Knox and the Michael Jackson doctor trial. I can't imagine why the judge would seal this, and I will be very surprised if that happens. There hasn't even been propaganda lately from the DT about how much in danger Casey is in. I would think that there would have to be recent proof of danger, not anything from months ago when she was released. It would be ridiculous at this point to still think Casey is in danger and to not release that video. This is a civil trial, and the state of Florida is not going after her again for anything. I don't even think she should have the right to use the 5th amendment tomorrow, but apparently legally, she can.

I am glad to hear that Morgan is doing this so they can challenge it after her appeal is over. And I'm sure the lying won't be overturned, and she'll have to do another deposition where she has to answer questions. I am getting really tired of her skirting and skating things. I will be so happy once her appeal is freaking over. Then she's fair game for anyone.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-deposition-20111006,0,1724701.story

found another link, from today, maybe it has already been posted here, here are a few snips:

"The Morgans also had wanted to stream footage of Casey Anthony's deposition, but that won't happen in the short term as it did when Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy, were deposed in the civil matter back in 2009.

Those depositions ended with the parents angry upon leaving the Orlando offices of the Morgan & Morgan law firm. Transcripts and video released soon afterward by Morgan showed a tension-filled series of inquiries and answers."

"Matt Morgan said he expects Casey Anthony's defense to try to have Saturday's deposition sealed, but that will be challenged by the Morgans as well. They will argue that whatever Anthony says during the deposition is a public record that should be available for public review."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam