AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the hair combing thing...

Before I went to college, I had this idea to be one a beautician. I learned that freshly combed hair before going out in damp or humid weather prevents shedding of your hair. Maybe the combing, if the rumor has any truth to it, was done to prevent trace evidence from being left at a subsequent crime scene.

True. If the rumor is true. There are lots of reasons why she may do that. It also would depend on the timeline. IF she did it while the other person was there, perhaps she was stalling or because she knew the person. If it was right before, perhaps she was simply getting freshened up after a shift at work because the BF was picking her up. Brushing one's hair may or may not be unusual. Especially if she had it up in a ponytail all day and now wanted it down.

Why...doesn't...Israel...have...a...net...trail...?

Isn't anybody else bothered by this? It's like an itch that I can't reach...

True. If the rumor is true. There are lots of reasons why she may do that. It also would depend on the timeline. IF she did it while the other person was there, perhaps she was stalling or because she knew the person. If it was right before, perhaps she was simply getting freshened up after a shift at work because the BF was picking her up. B. rushing one's hair may or may not be unusual. Especially if she had it up in a ponytail all day and now wanted it down.

But if she was in on this, why would the cops continue to say she was abducted & that IK is their suspect? They'd have to have an idea if she's dirty or not. I think she was honestly abducted but I know I could be wrong. I also don't think this was a set up to get money for JK. I think the man is flat out torn up. I was hinky about the reward money but just don't see how he could pull this off with the whole nation involved. I believe JK is one sad upset hands tied papa that's at a loss bc he can't help bring his daughter home.

However - going with that for a sec...

How many financial institutions are in the Anchorage area? Anybody know?

Not really. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a computer in his home. He's probably lived without electricity and running water when he was building trails and remote cabins. What bugs me is that Samantha doesn't have an internet presence. Or if she did, they were scrubbed before the public was even aware she was missing. That's weird.

Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts... :)

Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?

Not really. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a computer in his home. He's probably lived without electricity and running water when he was building trails and remote cabins. What bugs me is that Samantha doesn't have an internet presence. Or if she did, they were scrubbed before the public was even aware she was missing. That's weird.

Ditto, but I do believe he's net savvy bc he has a website with scanned & uploaded documents, plus an unprotected cache of info feeding his site. That gives an ip and it doesn't appear to be done from a cell. He has a FB for his defunct co, plus a myspace & who knows what else. Sam's newer stuff was wiped. Both know how to protect their social networking sites, which isn't always truly protected if one knows basic HTML & how to use wayback (& cache) for posts deleted. Just takes time...

Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts... :)

Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?

If she were in a witness protection program, police wouldn't be using tax payer's money to look for her & the FBI wouldn't be utilizing their every resource to find her. IMO not a chance. Good idea though & wish it could be true. I don't usually post as typically being one way & one way only but I do know there's no way she's being safely hidden in the witness protection program at this moment. :)

However - going with that for a sec...

How many financial institutions are in the Anchorage area? Anybody know?

A quick check shows 4 major banks with branches:

Wells Fargo Bank, 12
First National Bank Alaska, 9
Northrim Bank, 5
KeyBank, 3

And a few more small banks:

The Park National Bank
Commerce Bank
KeyBank
Fifth Third Bank
Bank Midwest
RBS Citizens
Iberiabank
Trustmark National Bank

Then the Credit Unions:

Advancial Federal Credit Union
Alaska Airlines Employees Federal Credit Union
Alaska District Engineers Federal Credit Union
Alaska State Employees Federal Credit Union
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Denali Alaska Federal Credit Union
Credit Union 1
True North Federal Credit Union
Northern Skies Federal Credit Union

There may be more I'm missing. Why?

BBM, respectfully and with no snark or other rudeness intended, I sincerely hope not. :what: IMOO in the US abortion is safe and legal. I am not putting down people who might feel like they don't have access to this for whatever reason, like they don't really have freedom of choice because of financial or other constraints.

But if she was in on this, why would the cops continue to say she was abducted & that IK is their suspect? They'd have to have an idea if she's dirty or not. I think she was honestly abducted but I know I could be wrong. I also don't think this was a set up to get money for JK. I think the man is flat out torn up. I was hinky about the reward money but just don't see how he could pull this off with the whole nation involved. I believe JK is one sad upset hands tied papa that's at a loss bc he can't help bring his daughter home.

I do think she was abducted as well. I just think it was someone she knew in some way. Unless the person is a very psychologically adept at being a predator (stranger), I can't imagine her going without some kind of fight or force. If she knew the person and they manipulated her or something into going, I can see that. It may not be someone in her inner circle, but, someone she is familiar enough with. It is not uncommon for someone to state, "there has been an accident with"...and get someone who is in shock to go with them...

Ditto, but I do believe he's net savvy bc he has a website with scanned & uploaded documents, plus an unprotected cache of info feeding his site. That gives an ip and it doesn't appear to be done from a cell. He has a FB for his defunct co, plus a myspace & who knows what else. Sam's newer stuff was wiped. Both know how to protect their social networking sites, which isn't always truly protected if one knows basic HTML & how to use wayback (& cache) for posts deleted. Just takes time...

Websites are a little tricky to set up. I thought perhaps he traded labor and someone set one up for him. Who knows, he could be a computer guru. :)
Wish I would have thought to check out the dating sites. Can you wayback that?

[/B]

BBM, respectfully and with no snark or other rudeness intended, I sincerely hope not. :what: IMOO in the US abortion is safe and legal. I am not putting down people who might feel like they don't have access to this for whatever reason, like they don't really have freedom of choice because of financial or other constraints.

I think we've all pondered if there was an unplanned pregnancy. If for no other reason than her age is in the child bearing years. Just as with the elderly we consider dementia. No harm no foul.

I know a ton of people who live "off the grid" by choice. It is a lifestyle thing. Some distrust the government, some want to live simply and some just are very private people by personality. I know people who grew up in "commune" or sect like places who simply don't know how to use technology as a social medium. They may use it on occasion, say at a library, but they don't need it in everyday life. Or, not until their 30s or 40s will they start using it because they go to college or something...

[/B]

Abortion is safe and legal. I do know that sometimes there can be complications, especially with the RU486 aka the abortion pill. It is good that is legal, because it prevents people from going underground/back alley. But, with any procedure or medication, there is a risk. It was just a thought, how something could spiral out of control. Sorry to offend any one...Not my intent.

If she were in a witness protection program, police wouldn't be using tax payer's money to look for her & the FBI wouldn't be utilizing their every resource to find her. IMO not a chance. Good idea though & wish it could be true. I don't usually post as typically being one way & one way only but I do know there's no way she's being safely hidden in the witness protection program at this moment. :)

Thank you for your post. That was something I do not know much about. That's why I like websleuths! It is a great way for people with various knowledge bases to come together and collaborate. :)

Websites are a little tricky to set up. I thought perhaps he traded labor and someone set one up for him. Who knows, he could be a computer guru. :)

I do not think he was very tech saavy, if you look at the open directory of images you can see that he scanned and uploaded several versions of the same pics and documents, attempting to resize, crop etc. definitely amateurish.I think he paid someone to do his website or purchased a premade template, it would be very inexpensive, hosted on Yahoo etc.

I looked through Plenty of Fish just to see if he popped up which he didn't.

A quick check shows 4 major banks with branches:

Wells Fargo Bank, 12
First National Bank Alaska, 9
Northrim Bank, 5
KeyBank, 3

And a few more small banks:

The Park National Bank
Commerce Bank
KeyBank
Fifth Third Bank
Bank Midwest
RBS Citizens
Iberiabank
Trustmark National Bank

Then the Credit Unions:

Advancial Federal Credit Union
Alaska Airlines Employees Federal Credit Union
Alaska District Engineers Federal Credit Union
Alaska State Employees Federal Credit Union
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Denali Alaska Federal Credit Union
Credit Union 1
True North Federal Credit Union
Northern Skies Federal Credit Union

There may be more I'm missing. Why?

Then it's ironic that the stolen debit card was drawn off of Denali. All those financial institutions yet it's coincidental that the stolen card is drawn off the same bank as where the reward fund is held.

Then it's ironic that the stolen debit card was drawn off of Denali. All those financial institutions yet it's coincidental that the stolen card is drawn off the same bank as where the reward fund is held.

the stolen card was from Credit Union 1

I think any... But I tried adult friend finder (added spaces so it wouldn't link), friendster, match, and the like but didn't see him. I didn't try wayback bc I usually do good with cache & didn't see many crumbs. You're right, def coulda traded labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member