17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness's attorney said to Ashley Banfield: The interview you just did with her was much more thorough than the police did with her. The witness also said that investigator said to her that night -- if it's any consolation -- the person who was screaming is still alive.

:what::what::what:

What???

This is really starting to anger me again! I was really starting to calm down with what has gone in this case, but this is just too much!

What in the world... how in the world... why in the world would an "investigator" tell a witness ANYTHING?? Your job is to take the statement of the witness... not put into their minds something that they weren't even there to witness for themselves??

Ugh!! Who was this "investigator??" His name better be on that recorded statement! Fire him/her! Because if this is the same one who "corrected" MC's statement... we have a problem!

I heard it a bit different. I heard her say a few times that it was very dark and she could not be sure, but she thought the bigger man was on top of ' the little boy.'

Her attorney was talking about the FOLLOW UP interview. That one was only 15 minutes. But her initial interview that evening was recorded and she told her entire story.

Mark Geragos was on after the interview and said he thought she actually helped the defense. She talked about hearing very long and loud argument which went on for awhile.

Thanks. Mark Geragos? I'll pass on anything Geragos has to say. What a joke he is.

~jmo~

It's in the police report. Officer Smith disarmed him by taking the gun from GZ's waistband and then cuff him. jmo

Did he have gloves on?? I hope so because even if there wasn't blood splatter, it should always be assumed that there would be blood on a gun that was just used to kill someone... not to mention, it's evidence!

Totally agree with this post! It is one thing when, for sake of time, editting is done to hit high points of an interview, call, etc. It is quite another, in a case such as this, to splice together bits and pieces that will only serve to inflame the situation more. IMO, this is exactly what this person did. They cherry picked what they wanted to be heard, put it together, and came up with a string that made for a bad picture. I want justice for Trayvon, but I do not want it to be manufactured. JMO

I tried to find the "AMEN" smiley, but not there. I agree 100%. The story is bad enough without the embellishment and creative editing.

If the Huffington Post has deliberately stated or implied falsely that Uhrig claimed GZ to be suffering from SBS, either before or after the head injury he sustained that night, that is IMO highly irresponsible and wrong, since Uhrig clearly said no such thing.

Here is the Huffington Post article for anyone who cares to read it line for line:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/george-zimmerman-shaken-baby_n_1408421.html

BTW, I linked the actual CBS video of Uhrig's comments upthread, because I understood you to say you heard/saw it on TV. Sorry if I got that wrong.

Again, here is the video, with Uhrig's remarks beginning at 3:43:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57410388/zimmerman-lawyer-client-convicted-by-media/

Unfortunately, or fortunately, we can agree to disagree. You say tomato, I say tomatoe. Thank you for your opinion, but the inference was there, or he wouldn't have said it. I am not the only one who feels this way. But thank you again for your insight. Defense attorney's are in the practice of throwing out anything they can against the wall to see if it will stick. Kind of reminds me of the JB defense with GA. JMO

What???

This is really starting to anger me again! I was really starting to calm down with what has gone in this case, but this is just too much!

What in the world... how in the world... why in the world would an "investigator" tell a witness ANYTHING?? Your job is to take the statement of the witness... not put into their minds something that they weren't even there to witness for themselves??

Ugh!! Who was this "investigator??" His name better be on that recorded statement! Fire him/her! Because if this is the same one who "corrected" MC's statement... we have a problem!
They need to investigate the SPD and clean house...These statements make me so flippin ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO

It is against the law. You can not create a report and date it then add information to it at a later date without dating the addition.

It is a historical document. People looking at it would say well they knew the ID of the person at 3:09 which would not be true.

The "initial" police report obviously was not finalized in the first hours after the shooting, no matter what the times on it say. There is simply too much information in it - particularly Trayvon's full identification and place of residence in Miami.

Since it was "printed" on 03/06/2012 according to the note at the bottom of the report, my first impression is that is the final date that information could have been altered on the report. BUT the PDF was not created until 10:19:40 AM on 03/13/2012. The information on the PDF could have been altered in that week between when the report was "printed" and when the PDF posted on the web site was created. I won't even get paranoid enough to think that the City of Sanford was clever enough to alter the digital signatures. :what:

Maybe this is why that information was removed from the City of Sanford website - maybe the special prosecutor realized that the information on the reports was not consistent with the information her team was gathering. For low information people who may not have been paying attention, once her report or indictment or whatever she ends up doing comes out, they will not have the versions available earlier to compare to the "final" version of events. :waitasec:

Although the main stream media should have collected all the available information, as we've seen they get stuff wrong, they distort the information they do have, or they just plain lie to the public presumably with the idea that they know better and think it is in our "best interests". :banghead:

Just speculating here, so IMO, JMO, etc.

What???

Definitely get the feeingl there was an effort to tow the company line.

It's in the police report. Officer Smith disarmed him by taking the gun from GZ's waistband and then cuff him. jmo
Yes, but when you watch the video of Officer Smith going to the police station you see he does not have the gun. Just wondering who he would have handed it off too.

Did gz himself call 911 after he shot tm or was the police there almost immediately after. Tia

Add Mr. T to the list of people who should STOP HELPING George. FGS, what is a "Trayvon-like dude"???

The statements from these supporters of GZ seem outlandish. Yet there are, in many ways, far less outlandish than the many statements I have read from GZ defenders on the web.

Performing drug screens on decedents involved in violent actions has become routine in many jurisdictions, usually only doing blood & urine sampling rather than "other" organ tissue testing as one would perform in "unknown" CODs.

Also, IIRC, the members of the SPD REQUESTED IT be done on the gunshot fatality. (sorry no link, just remember this from previous discussions on this forum)

JMO,JME

That's what I thought I read. Plus the narcotics officer came out so they were probably looking for drugs on TM after GZ told dispatch that he looked like he was on drugs. What a mess this is??? jmo

I know. I didn't either. So the gun had to have been left at the scene with detectives, correct? I figure it was immediately taken from Zimmerman's possession (hopefully with gloves on and placed in an evidence bag right away)? Would Zimmerman placing the gun back in the holster smear any fingerprints on the gun?

BBM

Great post, and I would like an answer to this also. I have been following this case since the beginning but on the news not on WS. Did GZ, in fact, have a holster? tia

Yes, but when you watch the video of Officer Smith going to the police station you see he does not have the gun. Just wondering who he would have handed it off too.

Exactly! If he had the gun, we would have seen him take it out of the trunk (in an evidence bag!!), right? So it was left with "investigators" on the scene.

Now I really hope they got GZ's phone records because I want to know how soon he was allowed to call Daddy. I want to know if he was allowed to call him while he was still on the scene. I also want to see the tapes of all entrances and exits into that police station that night to see if that "meeting" ever did take place?

MOO

It could have still been in the trunk or the narcotics officer had it, IMO.

[/B]

BBM

Great post, and I would like an answer to this also. I have been following this case since the beginning but on the news not on WS. Did GZ, in fact, have a holster? tia

According to the now un-released police report that was originally released, yes, the gun was in a holster!

Welcome to the Trayvon Martin forum!! Websleuths is better than any news station. Promise!

Well, this certainly takes the cake. Unbelievable.

"Shaken Baby Syndrome" used in defense of Trayvon Martin's killer

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/...me-used-in-defense-of-trayvon-martins-killer/

Pardon me while I beat my head against this wall:banghead: Considering the recent studies concerning the validity of "Shaken Baby Syndrome", it's hard to believe a competent lawyer would even mention such a plea. :please:

Exactly! If he had the gun, we would have seen him take it out of the trunk (in an evidence bag!!), right? So it was left with "investigators" on the scene.

Now I really hope they got GZ's phone records because I want to know how soon he was allowed to call Daddy. I want to know if he was allowed to call him while he was still on the scene. I also want to see the tapes of all entrances and exits into that police station that night to see if that "meeting" ever did take place?

MOO

I don't know but IMO they would start the processing first with GZ and then go get the evidence bag to log it in. jmo

Witness's attorney said to Ashley Banfield: The interview you just did with her was much more thorough than the police did with her. The witness also said that investigator said to her that night -- if it's any consolation -- the person who was screaming is still alive.

bbm

The attorney did not hear the initial interview. He only heard the FOLLOW UP interview.

Again if these injuries were so severe and likely to cause you death possibly within a few days, why was he not treated in the ER the night of Trayvon's murder? His brother indicated that he was barely conscious, one step away from being spoon fed and wearing diapers. I would love a very reasonable explanation as to why he didn't go to the hospital.

~jmo~
Again, his attorney did not characterize the severity or nature of the injuries to GZ's head, but instead pointed out that he had every reason and right to protect himself from imminent danger of serious or fatal injury. I provided the link to Uhrig's remarks on CBS This Morning. It's just upthread, in case anyone needs to review what he actually said.

Wasn't the brother's controversial comment and version of the story later repudiated by GZ's legal advisor (Sonner), because he had not spoken with George for years, and had no actual knowledge of what took place that night?

JMO

---

ETA:

Based on Uhrig's specific remarks. LolaMoon has pointed out that "his attorney" (Sonner I believe) did say that his wound should have had stitches. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam