Possible match Sophia Felecita Moreno (16) - Bryan TX, 1979

I don't know if it would be her since the body was found in 1990, and Sophia went missing in 1979.

Although the pictures look similar :)

I don't know if it would be her since the body was found in 1990, and Sophia went missing in 1979.

Although the pictures look similar :)

I dont know either ,if it would be her. I just was stunned when I saw her picture. I thought about Princess doe the moment I looked at her. Even the shading on the composit matches the shading on the one photo of Sophia.

Are the dates of the estimated death ever wrong?

Or could they have based the thought on the doe being deceased placed in the location 1 to 2 years prior and assumed she was put there shortly after death and not considered her being placed there years later? I have seen 10 year mistakes before but it was in how old the victim age range was. I have saw cases where the dates were wrong making it look like the victim was alive when their body was found . Which is why I even am still wondering if Sophia could be Princess blue.

I find myself wondering how far research had gotten of decomposition in 1990 and what they knew then verses what they know now.

They just look so much alike and the height weight age match. I am not sure about the race as it seems she was listed as one race and DNA test suggest something else. Who is to know what race Doe's faily would have considered her.

The UID was missing her left lateral incisor tooth, and Sophia appears to have hers. I'm not sure how recent the photos of Sophia are though.

Could this be her?

doenetwork.org/cases/543uftx.html

The body was found in Grimes Co., which is directly west of Brazos Co. where Sophia went missing from (about a 30 min. drive). The times coincide, as due height. The only discrepancy is hair color, but it could have been died, and considering the time elapsed between time of death and discovery, it could have changed with age. (I'm not a scientist, so I could be very, very wrong here.) Anyways, I think it's worth looking into.

On the Walker County Jane Doe thread, ElsaMaria linked to an article from a survivor of truck stop serial killer Robert Ben Rhoades. She asked us to look at the picture of the nameless but alive girl who looked Hispanic with long black hair.

I thought she looked a bit like Sophia. I attached the picture, hope it works. I'm not tech savvy enough to make a side-by-side so I'm just attaching a picture of Sophia.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• news-and-politics-2012-11-truck-stop-killer-truckstop-inset-03.jpg
    news-and-politics-2012-11-truck-stop-killer-truckstop-inset-03.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 91
  • moreno_sophia.jpg
    moreno_sophia.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 88
I was thinking the same thing about princess blue and Sophia. As far as a missing tooth, I thought I read somewhere in one of the stickies that the only missing tooth prior to death was a wisdom tooth and that the others were missing post mortem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10. Absent-was surgically removed prior to death. The gap in the bone was partially filled in with new bone, and this indicates that the dental procedure was possibly performed a few months to a year prior to Princess's death from my recollection of such things. I am unsure of exactly how long it takes for bone to grow into the alveolar space once a tooth of that size is removed. So, please d
That there was mature (fully formed) bone tissue filling the gap where wisdom tooth 16 should have been, the tooth was perhaps either surgically removed some on't quote me on that.

Tooth # 16 was absent. The corresponding alveolar spavce was totally obliterated by mature bone tissue. time before death (the gap was completely filled with fully formed bone--that takes time to occur afte a tooth, especially a tooth with a large root is removed). Or it is possible that wisdom tooth #16 never formed.
That there was mature (fully formed) bone tissue filling the gap where wisdom tooth 16 should have been, the tooth was perhaps either surgically removed some time before death (the gap was completely filled with fully formed bone--that takes time to occur afte a tooth, especially a tooth with a large root is removed). Or it is possible that wisdom tooth #16 never formed.

I was thinking the same thing about princess blue and Sophia. As far as a missing tooth, I thought I read somewhere in one of the stickies that the only missing tooth prior to death was a wisdom tooth and that the others were missing post mortem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back