Kennedy withdraws financial support for McCanns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Thank you! Justice for Meredith!
Reaction score
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/03/brian-kennedy-no-longer-paying-for.html

I had read about this a while ago and wasnt sure it was a rumour or not...and obviously its not

The statement was made by Clarence Mitchell himself after his speech, last Friday in an association of the Oxford University - the Oxford Union – where the former director of the control unit for the British Media - Media Monitoring Unit - spoke about his career as a journalist, the media industry and his role in the Maddie case. The millionaire Brian Kennedy who has once stated that he would be prepared to use the whole of his personal fortune – estimated at more than 500 million Euros in order to finance the alleged private investigations into the disappearance of Maddie, appears now to have abandoned his financial support for the couple.

The fund is paying Mitchells wages...you know the fund thats supposed to be used for searching for Madeleine and which Gerry says will be empty by the end of the year..

What a waste :(

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/03/brian-kennedy-no-longer-paying-for.html

I had read about this a while ago and wasnt sure it was a rumour or not...and obviously its not

The statement was made by Clarence Mitchell himself after his speech, last Friday in an association of the Oxford University - the Oxford Union – where the former director of the control unit for the British Media - Media Monitoring Unit - spoke about his career as a journalist, the media industry and his role in the Maddie case. The millionaire Brian Kennedy who has once stated that he would be prepared to use the whole of his personal fortune – estimated at more than 500 million Euros in order to finance the alleged private investigations into the disappearance of Maddie, appears now to have abandoned his financial support for the couple.

The fund is paying Mitchells wages...you know the fund thats supposed to be used for searching for Madeleine and which Gerry says will be empty by the end of the year..

What a waste :(

This is very big news, indeed.

It means by the end of the year, we won't see Clarence Mitchell handling PR. And I think all bets will be off regarding what is said and what is reported.

I can't help thinking..if my daughter was missing..and the fund i had was running fast out of money..why the heck would Mitchell be kept on..if..as Gerry claims the search will end at the end of the year due to lack of money. IF Mitchell was released..there would be more money to search for the d aughter they claim is missing.

So whats more important to these people? Searching for their daughter..or hiring Mitchell to put in good words for them with the media?

Unbelievable that they are now using the fund to pay for a spokesman, why is he so neccessary now?

Maybe Kennedy wised up and saw the McCanns for the scammers they are.

I would like to see responses here from APRIL4SKY and his/her mates about this
:confused:

Kennedy once said..that if necessary he would use every last penny he had to find Madeleine.

He is a business man..we are in a recession...he wasnt getting the best publicity for his actions regarding the McCanns and the fact he went to see Murat etc...and that apparently for some time he was paying the dodgy shysters metodo.

Doing things for publicity is one thing but theres only so much he was willing to lose i guess. And not just that..since the files have come out..the mood towards the McCanns seems different..a LOT..think there involved..and maybe he just dont want to be involved with that trainwreck.

Gosh, Clarence Mitchell job hunting. He'll take care of himself, I'm sure.

Gosh, Clarence Mitchell job hunting. He'll take care of himself, I'm sure.

The problem is..hes been tainted now cause of all this..and hes just considered a laughing stock - a spokesperson for Doctors who neglected there children and are suspects in her disappearance.

You have opinions about everything else to do with the MCcanns, just interested in an opinion about why BK withdrew his support after publically promising to support them forever:)

I have been googling all over and I can't find a media source for this claim about Kennedy. It may be true, but I can't find a source. The link that said Oxford Union said page not found. Do any of you have a media source for this that you could post? I would appreciate it!

I have been googling all over and I can't find a media source for this claim about Kennedy. It may be true, but I can't find a source. The link that said Oxford Union said page not found. Do any of you have a media source for this that you could post? I would appreciate it!

It was Clarence Mitchell who said it..the McCanns spokesman - i thought if he said it it must be true :rolleyes:

It says he has stopped paying CM's salary,so what?

He said he would be willing to use all his money to help the McScamms...obviously he changed his mind. I think Horsie is asking why?

It says he has stopped paying CM's salary,so what?

So he does not feel the McCanns need a media spokesman anymore? Madeleine is still missing.

Or he is not happy with the job Clarence has done?

Or he simply feels the need to economize?

He's a successful businessman--a very, very successful one. He has a reason for what he did.

I'm sure many people are just like me, curious as to the reason someone who once said he'd spend all his money to find Madeleine has withdrawn what for him, is a relatively minor expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10