"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you here. I think we should look at the evidence and cross examine the evidence. I don't think we should be relying on Casey to prove that she is guilty. I think she is not guilty based on the evidence upon further examination doesn't pan out anything that would make me think she is guilty.

And don't sha know that defense has that evidence and that is their job, right, to look at the evidence and poke holes in it. Only thing we have heard from that camp is how "technically" unqualified their experts are with new technology and they need more time to produce their witness list and discovery. KC does not have to say a word and has not done so. The accident plea was already presented to her if she would take them to Caylee, and KC turned it down. Taking into consideration what was found at the remains site it is quite obvious why she would not take the deal.

Reasoning ahead of required evidence is a critical error in applied logic.

Hi Wudge,

I know you are not suggesting that you have never reasoned about something until you had all of the facts!!!! I'm married to someone just like you. He is clueless about what our kids are up to. I know exactly what they are doing and even though I can't prove it half the time, I can get them to confess. Oh, I know, false confessions, and all but, just because you don't have all of the facts, does not mean you are wrong in your decision.

Well I assume the whole truth was not out there ( and still isn't) based on all the investigating and reports since his statement. When the police are asking a lot of questions, that means they don't know what happened. Where is there proof that Casey lied to investigators? It hasn't even been cross examined yet. The Judges own actions sided with the defense and let her out on bail. These Children deserve the whole truth.
They sure do!
With the evidence so clearly pointing to KC it makes me sick her own family would rather cover up the truth ,than get justice for her.
IMO Yuri Melich,John Allen,Nick Savage,the SA's and all the LE men,women and DOGS are the only ones really fighting for Caylee.So many people ,like the Grunds ,want true justice.They aren't doing back flips to get KC off .
JMO : )

I don't think I would challenge a Judge as to what he knows. What he knew when he made his statement about Ms Anthony and the truth had to be limited based on when it was that he made the statement. I still say at that point in time, Shame on you Judge for making a statement like that in the peoples court of law. He set the tone for the press to make a big case out of this. He may indeed be the reason we end up with a change of venue costing us even more money. I see a Judge as a Stuart of the court, not the owner of the court. I have no tolerance for Judges to make comments like these. Now it will cost us even more money. He needs to control his temper and he seems to be doing much better now.
He wasn't angry then either.

I think what he "did" was give her what she wanted and that was to get out of jail. Actions speak louder than words. He certainly has a right to say it, but he has to pay for the consequences. (IE change of venue)

I feel that Casey's right to a fair trial is all of our rights to a fair trial whether it is in Florida or any other state. I think the state of Florida takes in some Federal Dollars. No?

If she is Guilty, then why do we have to go down all these silly avenues of approach? Nothing seems to be panning out and that is why I am on the fence.
Federal dollars, huh?

Hi Wudge,

I know you are not suggesting that you have never reasoned about something until you had all of the facts!!!! I'm married to someone just like you. He is clueless about what our kids are up to. I know exactly what they are doing and even though I can't prove it half the time, I can get them to confess. Oh, I know, false confessions, and all but, just because you don't have all of the facts, does not mean you are wrong in your decision.

Hello Coco,

I try to cautiously measure the certainty of my inferred conclusions, but I'm usually grateful if raw, dumb luck comes my way.

I had that link. Thank you. I will wait for a current link for Florida's code, not a near decade link.

Oh you had that link and still decided that Florida doesn't impose the DP for Felony Murder. Based on what info? It's pretty easy to clear this up. All you have to do is present information supporting your "fact".

The recent US Dept of Justice report also has the DP listed for Florida as a punishment for Felony Murder.

As it is now I am providing correct information to the forum about Felony Murder and it's punishment. If you wish to provide information other then an opinion stating other wise please feel free.

One can have their opinion and that's perfectly fine I have nothing against someone forming an opinion. An opinion is not fact however. A fact requires a certain level of proof by citation of reliable sources or factual evidence that can be analyzed.

I think what he "did" was give her what she wanted and that was to get out of jail. Actions speak louder than words. He certainly has a right to say it, but he has to pay for the consequences. (IE change of venue)

I feel that Casey's right to a fair trial is all of our rights to a fair trial whether it is in Florida or any other state. I think the state of Florida takes in some Federal Dollars. No?

If she is Guilty, then why do we have to go down all these silly avenues of approach? Nothing seems to be panning out and that is why I am on the fence.

Do you know the real reason there might be a COV? It's because Baez fought against the gag order that the SA asked for. JB did not want his silly grinning face away from the cameras. He and his cohorts continually make stupid comments and grant one interview after an other. The Anthonys have put this case front and center with their inflated egos and saturated tv appearances.
Don't blame the Judge, I don't see him on tv making an azz out of himself nor do I see anyone from the SA Office saying a peep either. You can thank JB for any COV.

For example, many attorneys hold the syringe to be highly inculpatory. However, I saw it to be exculpatory as soon as I read about what the lab had found.

I see. So an unrelated piece of garbage tends to clear KC, in your opinion? Since this is the G or NG thread, I'll play along.

That stretch of woods was not privately available to only KC; therefore, the presence of unrelated items (assuming that they are) means nothing. It doesn't offer proof in either direction, that she did or didn't murder her daughter.

It is irresponsible to label unrelated items inculpatory or exculpatory, and I suspect that you would agree. Do you have a link to support your assertion that "many attorneys hold the syringe to be highly inculpatory?" Thank you in advance.

Oh you had that link and still decided that Florida doesn't impose the DP for Felony Murder. Based on what info? It's pretty easy to clear this up. All you have to do is present information supporting your "fact".

The recent US Dept of Justice report also has the DP listed for Florida as a punishment for Felony Murder.

As it is now I am providing correct information to the forum about Felony Murder and it's punishment. If you wish to provide information other then an opinion stating other wise please feel free.

One can have their opinion and that's perfectly fine I have nothing against someone forming an opinion. An opinion is not fact however. A fact requires a certain level of proof by citation of reliable sources or factual evidence that can be analyzed.
And this is one of the reasons why I respect (and love) WS!

I totally agree with you here. I think we should look at the evidence and cross examine the evidence. I don't think we should be relying on Casey to prove that she is guilty. I think she is not guilty based on the evidence upon further examination doesn't pan out anything that would make me think she is guilty.

Hellooooooooo! That's exactly what is in the thousands and thousands of posts and stickies,and documents we have poured over for the last year.It's what WSers do.To suggest that it has not been done by those that feel she is guilty is ,yet,another insult.

During Melich's interview with Casey last July 16th he plainly asks KC if she works at Universal and she answers "yes". Just one example of KC's many lies.

starting at 12:50 mark of audio interview:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17458685/index.html

(ETA
Oops Jolynna beat me to it!lol)

Not clear...and may I add...now it's kinda screwed up.

I've read through Florida's relevant crime statutes for 2009, and I've never found the death penalty stated as being available in felony murder cases. Moreover, no one else has been able to find different, and this has been discussed for many months.

As best I can determine, the death penalty in Florida is 'not available' for felony murder.

Reasoning ahead of required evidence is a critical error in applied logic.
So when you said a guilty verdict for KC would be a miscarrage of justice,even before you have heard the States case,you were making a critical error in applied logic? Got it.

I've read through Florida's relevant crime statutes for 2009, and I've never found the death penalty stated as being available in felony murder cases. Moreover, no one else has been able to find different, and this has been discussed for many months.

As best I can determine, the death penalty in Florida is 'not available' for felony murder.
Did ya think to inquire with the State's AG? If you're not too busy...otherwise I'll try to get to it this week. (seriously!)

So when you said a guilty verdict for KC would be a miscarrage of justice,even before you have heard the States case,you were making a critical error in applied logic? Got it.
Exactly!

Oh Miss James...you are such a smarty pants!

Well I assume the whole truth was not out there ( and still isn't) based on all the investigating and reports since his statement. When the police are asking a lot of questions, that means they don't know what happened. Where is there proof that Casey lied to investigators? It hasn't even been cross examined yet. The Judges own actions sided with the defense and let her out on bail. These Children deserve the whole truth.
BBM.

Proof that Casey lied to investigators ? Come on, the proof is in the looong rambling statement and interview she gave to OCSO in July. You remember the one where she said she worked and had an office at Universal, she left her daughter with the "nanny" at her apartment at Sawgrass...the one that was not occupied ?

No, there has been no cross examination yet because there hasn't been a trial. Honestly, if you can not deduce from the evidence that Casey has lied repeatedly to LE then you have not been paying attention (or are here to just argue). I get the feeling it may be the latter.

I don't think I would challenge a Judge as to what he knows. What he knew when he made his statement about Ms Anthony and the truth had to be limited based on when it was that he made the statement. I still say at that point in time, Shame on you Judge for making a statement like that in the peoples court of law. He set the tone for the press to make a big case out of this. He may indeed be the reason we end up with a change of venue costing us even more money. I see a Judge as a Stuart of the court, not the owner of the court. I have no tolerance for Judges to make comments like these. Now it will cost us even more money. He needs to control his temper and he seems to be doing much better now.
BBM
STUART of the court????? Do you mean Steward?
Yet another thing you have in common with Cindy Anthony : )

No. My position -- wrongful conviction on the murder one charge -- is based on the evidence that we know of, which is lacking in highly reliable inculpatory evidence that could support premises necessary to reach a highly reliable conclusion of guilt.

1st degree murder (degree of felony murder) can be punishable by death or life imprisonment. That is all I can find. I hate reading court cases and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong