Darlie Routier on Death Row

I was under the impression that her family hadn't raised enough money yet for the additional testing. I didn't think the testing is something that is paid for by the state of Texas. I suppose I really don't know who is supposed to pay for the testing.

Cami knows better than I do, but I believe some of the items were tested at the State level and they have to raise the money for the Federal testing....or it could be visa versa. Maybe Cami will help us out on this.

I would think there would be a time limit on how long you have to get the testing done, but no one seems to know.

Cami knows better than I do, but I believe some of the items were tested at the State level and they have to raise the money for the Federal testing....or it could be visa versa. Maybe Cami will help us out on this.

I would think there would be a time limit on how long you have to get the testing done, but no one seems to know.
I think there must be, or they'd all use it as a ploy to avoid the punishment...just say they were working on raising the money. Do you have any idea how much money they are talking about?

Just look the stats up, at
How much women on death row were in fact executed at the end...

They only way that will ever happen, is when she get a new trial and the jurors come to the same conclusions as in her first trial. (Which i think they would)

They only way that will ever happen, is when she get a new trial and the jurors come to the same conclusions as in her first trial. (Which i think they would)

Eileen Wuornos and Karla Fay Tucker are two that come to mind immediately. I am sure there were more but there really are not too many women on death row. Not compared to the number of men, anyway.

I don't understand. Why would you think a retrial would make Darlie a more viable execution candidate?

Betty Lou Beets :what:

Eileen Wuornos and Karla Fay Tucker are two that come to mind immediately. I am sure there were more but there really are not too many women on death row. Not compared to the number of men, anyway.

yes, so?

Only 11 Women since 1976....and only 2 since 2000 were executed.
At the moment you got about 60 women on death row, so think about it....

with Darlie will that happen, imo:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...as-woman-kimberly-saenz-spared-death-penalty-

"A Texas jury today shrank from condemning a former nurse to die after convicting her of killing dialysis patients whom she injected with bleach, according to The Associated Press.
Kimberly Saenz will spend the rest of her life in jail without possibility of parole, according to the AP."

I don't understand. Why would you think a retrial would make Darlie a more viable execution candidate?

Because since she was convicted you have too much media coverage. As a example.."Unsolved Mysteries" or "The Investigators"...
Both shows covered the case like Darlie is innocent and an Intruder did this crime. And the police made a huge mistake.
Then you have one juror which convicted Darlie in her trial, whos know on Record stating that he believes shes innocent. Then you got the other mistakes which was made in her trial.
I dont think that under this circumstantes, she will ever be executed. Im actually pretty sure about it.

But a new trial and a new conviction would change public opinion and the media coverage. Then there would be, maybe a possibilty for her execution. But right now, i dont see a chance.

and dont get me wrong.....I personally believe she is right there were she belongs.

I don't think Texas will care if she's a woman being executed unless she does get a new trial. There's probably even more they could bring in for prosecution with new minds and looks at the case, so it would probably be the same outcome.

yes, so?

Only 11 Women since 1976....and only 2 since 2000 were executed.
At the moment you got about 60 women on death row, so think about it....

with Darlie will that happen, imo:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...as-woman-kimberly-saenz-spared-death-penalty-

"A Texas jury today shrank from condemning a former nurse to die after convicting her of killing dialysis patients whom she injected with bleach, according to The Associated Press.
Kimberly Saenz will spend the rest of her life in jail without possibility of parole, according to the AP."

Because since she was convicted you have too much media coverage. As a example.."Unsolved Mysteries" or "The Investigators"...
Both shows covered the case like Darlie is innocent and an Intruder did this crime. And the police made a huge mistake.
Then you have one juror which convicted Darlie in her trial, whos know on Record stating that he believes shes innocent. Then you got the other mistakes which was made in her trial.
I dont think that under this circumstantes, she will ever be executed. Im actually pretty sure about it.

But a new trial and a new conviction would change public opinion and the media coverage. Then there would be, maybe a possibilty for her execution. But right now, i dont see a chance.

and dont get me wrong.....I personally believe she is right there were she belongs.

I don't think she will ever be executed either. Although I believe she's guilty as sin. I think she will be commuted to life without parole.

Why do you think that?

Why? I don't know if I have a logical reason, LOL. I just don't think they will execute her in the end. The dna tests will drag out for at least 10 years..it's been four now. I'm hoping they will abolish the DP by that time.

I don't think Texas will care if she's a woman being executed unless she does get a new trial. There's probably even more they could bring in for prosecution with new minds and looks at the case, so it would probably be the same outcome.

they didn't care when they executed Francis Newton so they won't care that Darlie is. It's punishment for the crimes they committted.

Just wondering if Darlie gets any visitors anymore. I'm sure she had tons of attention when this all happened so many years ago but I wonder about now. I'm sure her mom still goes to see her but I wonder about Darin going to still see her since they are divorced. I also wonder if Drake thinks his mom killed his brothers or does he think she is innocent.

This is an issue I'd love to know more about, so thank you for posting!

I'm guessing her mother, and possibly her sister and step-father. I know she also gets visits from supporters who did not know her before she was imprisoned.

I've always wondered about poor Drake. I hope, for his sake, that he thinks his mother is innocent. I know that may be controversial, but I think the chances of him growing up to be a well-rounded, healthy individual are greatly increased if he wholly believes in her innocence. I've often wondered if he reads these forums and all the other debates about Darlie across the internet. I hope he doesn't. For his sake, I hope he visits her in prison.

I doubt Darin does - I read on these forums that a ten year period went by without him visiting her! Especially now after the divorce, I doubt they have much contact.

I've always been curious about people like Karen Neal (just one example). Y'know, friends, neighbours, old school friends, etc, people who knew and loved Darlie before the conviction. I wonder what they think now and if they visit her or ever feel tempted to.

Just wondering if Darlie gets any visitors anymore. I'm sure she had tons of attention when this all happened so many years ago but I wonder about now. I'm sure her mom still goes to see her but I wonder about Darin going to still see her since they are divorced. I also wonder if Drake thinks his mom killed his brothers or does he think she is innocent.

Darin hasn't visited Darlie in over 10 years. Other than her family, she has only her internet friends, people who met her after she was incarcerated. Ooops should have read the other post before posting, LOL. I don't believe Karen Neal visits Darlie and I think from what I have read from neighbours is she now believes Darlie is guilty. I could be wrong though so take it with a grain of salt.

I was looking at the Free Darlie page on Facebook and it seems she does get regular visits.

I also noticed that that page has a member with the surname 'Neal'. Relative of Karen's? I'm not interested in Karen Neal's views in particular, she's just the type of person (friend, neighbour) I'm interested in regarding who visits Darlie and how she is seen now.

I was looking at the Free Darlie page on Facebook and it seems she does get regular visits.

I also noticed that that page has a member with the surname 'Neal'. Relative of Karen's? I'm not interested in Karen Neal's views in particular, she's just the type of person (friend, neighbour) I'm interested in regarding who visits Darlie and how she is seen now.

I'm not allowed on the Free Darlie page so I can't answer to that.

Darin hasn't visited Darlie in over 10 years. Other than her family, she has only her internet friends, people who met her after she was incarcerated. Ooops should have read the other post before posting, LOL. I don't believe Karen Neal visits Darlie and I think from what I have read from neighbours is she now believes Darlie is guilty. I could be wrong though so take it with a grain of salt.

Hi cami. How do you know that Darin has not visited Darlie in 10 years? And how does she have internet friends when she's sitting on DR? Do you find this stuff out by looking at the prison website?

Yes I was wondering the same thing, about Darin not visiting in 10 years. It was my understanding that they only divorced so that he could move on with his life. If he still believed her to be innocent, and since of course they still have a living son together....why stay gone 10 years, unless he came to his senses. Anyone have any more info on Darins visits? how about Drake? If they are not coming by at all, ever, sounds like they finally believe in her guilt?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back