AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know this is probably going to sound strange :crazy: but I still have such a weird feeling about that photo that RSW posted @ 2:21 am 6/1/12. There is one comment on that photo and it just seems odd to me. Clearly I have a flare for drama!! But, doesn't that sound WEIRD?

My take on that picture is that his friend was making a joke about some of the "treasure" they had found geocaching. Sometimes the items that you find are less than spectacular and I think he was probably complaining/ joking around about a gospel CD being in a geocache he found. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem all that nefarious to me. It also looks like a typical geocache "hiding spot."

I like your flare for drama though, thinking outside the box is so helpful in cases like this!

ETA - Should have read further. one90proof answered this thoroughly!

Good post Football Mom, Just jumping off it, with some comments of my own. As usual, there are more questions than answers.

Thanks, great questions/observations from you too Dion! I'll see if I can jump off of yours now:

To be clear... and PLEASE correct me if I am mistaken (won't be the first or last time - especially not in this case)...

It was reported that the victim who came forward after BW's disappearance named a suspect who then confessed and provided LE with the name of another suspect... Do you think the victim named only one person or both of them? Why didn't the victim come forward before - why only after DH's death?

IMO... this dances dangerously close to the victim(s) - not saying that is at all anyone's intention, just that it makes me personally a little uncomfortable. We don't know who the victim was in either DH, DK and/or RSW's cases - it could be the same victim or a different victim and I think we should tread very carefully. NOT saying anyone has crossed any lines... just saying we should be careful. I will say from what was reported by LE to MSM the victim identified one suspect who confessed & then identified the 2nd suspect. That tells me the victim may not have identified or provided the name of the 2nd suspect.

DK's booking time was before RSW's... logic would tell us that DK was the one who reportedly confessed and then implicated RSW (possibly in exchange for a smaller bond, charges, get RSW off the search for BW, to be vindictive for DH, there are many possible reasons)... Wouldn't LE verify with the victim, before hauling RSW in?

If we are going on the logic that DK was the 1st to be booked (arrested) then perhaps LE used the information provided by DK to identify the 2nd suspect based on descriptions provided previously by the victim - which would not make sense due to the incest charge because you'd think the victim would know that person's name... but again, not much of this makes sense so anyone's guess is as good as another's.

Someone's husband was being investigated for sex crimes and it is believed that RSW was the one who first notified LE 4 months ago... Did DH know who implicated him? If so, did he make Brittney disappear in revenge?

since the family knew about DH's investigation my gut tells me it may have been one of the primary reasons BW was going to see DH - to discuss the case and his scheduled appointment with LE on 6/1.

Someone else's husband was arrested and then implicated RS. Why would DK implicate RSW, if he was the only one named by the victim? Lying to LE carries it's own penalty.

DK does strike me as a person who is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Sorry, JMO.

Going back to logic... why on earth would a "guilty" person (RSW) turn in another guilty person (DH) knowing full well they would be arrested too? It does not take a rocket scientist to deduce the idiocy of that action. RSW does not at all strike me as someone who is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

I agree that on the face of it, he seemed like a decent sort of person, but if he was implicated by his BiL and it was verified by the victim (it would have to be verified by the victim right?) why would those 2 people lie to LE about his involvement

Who knows... the reasons good be limitless, shocking or perhaps not too shocking considering the circumstances and things we have learned here.

Hey guys, I just wanted to note that you don't need the cellphone to try to access its contents. All anybody would have had to do is call her cell number from another phone & wait for the prompt to enter her password. Once achieved, that person could listen to & delete voice mails. I imagine she couldn't get in bc she kept trying & trying as she posted it all on her FB, or was that her twin that posted WWH was trying to hack Britt's phone?

Btw, anything come of the stuff deleted from Donnie's phone? Didn't people post that he had some voicemails and texts deleted?

Whether you attempted to access voicemail from the phone itself or another phone, it would leave either a record of calls to voicemail or a record of incoming calls that WENT to voicemail. I think you would need to delete those if you couldn't guess the code within 2-3 calls.

I don't see LE arresting RSW or DK without a darned good belief they are guilty. For sure I don't believe it is some sort of double baited curved reasoning like he told on someone who in revenge told on him and then also got the victim WHO CAME FORWARD TO LE to lie about who molested her.

Simple is best. He was arrested because he molested and committed incest on a minor juvenile child. That said, there is an outside chance of innocence but that is all i am giving it.

I simply don't believe the person who said he turned himself in or whatever her wording was. Sounds to me like something a guilty person says to friends/family to try and explain an arrest for a heinous crime like child molestation.

Brittney going missing in all this as well, simple is the best. She went missing because she knew to much, said to much (such as well I will support the victim with my story) or was a threat to the three in one way or another.

One thing I won't do is assume the victim (who from all accounts is not BW) is lying about who molested her.

JMO

I want to throw another scenario out there, forgive me if it already has been.

If it is so that DH died in his truck, in an empty field, and WWH found him first... what IF Brittney shot him and WWH is covering for HER? Which would explain, if Brittney is alive, why she isn't contacting anyone. The media is calling it suicide. It would also explain why WWH is messing with BW's phone. If WWH had an inkling what was going on with the molestation charges looming, and knew BW was on her way out to see DH... well?

Thanks, great questions/observations from you too Dion! I'll see if I can jump off of yours now:

It was reported that the victim who came forward after BW's disappearance named a suspect who then confessed and provided LE with the name of another suspect... Do you think the victim named only one person or both of them? Why didn't the victim come forward before - why only after DH's death?

I don't want to get into discussing the actual victim in this case, but I did want to say that it is possible that the victim came forward out of anger over DH's death. My mom was a victim of sexual abuse and one of the things that we talked about was how angry she was at her sister for telling about what was happening to my mom. My aunt saw something and told my grandparents about it. It was a neighbor that was involved.

Children process things very differently than adults do and it is sometimes difficult to think like them. In my mom's mind, it was my aunt's fault that everyone was angry and upset. It was her fault that my mom's best friend had to move away (daughter of the neighbor). The turmoil that ensued within the neighborhood and the family was devastating for my mom. She wasn't able to "see" things the way that the adults around her did. It took many years of counseling for her to let go of her anger and guilt.

In this case, it is possible that some family members may blame others for DH's suicide, especially if one of them reported DH. I don't know whether the allegations are true or not because I obviously can't look at the evidence or the confession that law enforcement has, but given the complicated nature of the family dynamics, I'm not comfortable with how all of this unfolded.

Whether the allegations are true or not, I sincerely hope that the victim in this case receives all of the necessary support and counseling.

Simple is best, I generally agree. But I read RSW's posts, look at his pics, interests, beliefs....and he doesn't seem like he would get involved with anything along with DH and DK. Pill popping, or anything that they are under investigation for. It has been stated that he has been the face of the effort to search for Brittney. He has been the one soliciting donations and financing it out of his own pocket. I know we can say he is doing that to keep informed or steer search efforts away....but I get the sense that he is serious about searching for her and figuring this mystery out. So although it's easy to say all 3 uncles are involved, I can see him getting dragged into it out of spite or worry that he would eventually find Brittney. I am going to hope that he is not guilty and that he is being wrongly accused. In all this mess, I need to believe that there is at least one person in this family that is upstanding and doing all that he can to help get BW home. of course this is my opinion and I am going out on a limb since he has been charged. I understand I could be wrong but i just hope I am not. Let's hope the searches continue and that the pieces all come together and Brittney is found. Thanks.

Some one correct me if I am mistaken.
The person trying to get into BW's phone is the same person who's husband implicated a suspect and then shot himself the day after BW was reported missing?

The same day he spoke to investigators about the charges? And his wife is rumored to have deleted his messages and voice mails?

The person trying to get into BW's phone is the same person who's husband implicated a suspect and then shot himself the day after BW was reported missing?

The same day he spoke to investigators about the charges? And his wife is rumored to have deleted his messages and voice mails?

The person rumored to be trying to get into BW's phone is the wife of the person who committed suicide.

I do not think he, DH, ever spoke with investigators that day, nor do I believe he implicated anyone else....at least not that we know of. If I am wrong please correct me. Thanks.

The husband shot himself on 6/1. He was under investigation and asked to come in again for questioning that morning and didnt. I dont know if he implicated anyone. A person who very much seems to be his wife posted online about trying to hack into BWs voicemail.
BW was not reported missing until 6/2.

The timeline is post #4 and has been updated as correct information and details have become available. This may help understand things better.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177127

Gee.....Someone may not appear to be an abuser, but isn't that part of the ruse? And the statement that does it for me is, "this is just the tip of the iceberg." They must have something on these guys to make a proclamation like that to the public.

Nope. What I CAN confirm is we are not to be sleuthing RSW's family here on WS.

Nothing New....I deleted my post earlier today while i was out from my phone. Then my phone kept getting an HTTP Error for this site when I tried to send you a message. Now that I am on my laptop can you please delete yours and then I will delete this one because it will likely include my original post. I am new and still working on figuring out the fine line between who to sleuth and who we cant.

BTW please remember you get more flies with honey....a simple pm to me would have been sufficient. I will try to make sure I dont sleuth anyone I shouldnt in the future. Thanks

I agree that is not out of the realm of possibilities that BW caught a ride with a trucker but I disagree with the possibility that she would not contact ANY of her friends and family to tell them she was leaving or that she would leave her daughter.

It just does not fit BW's pattern or habits to not communicate AT ALL FOR MANY DAYS or WEEKS with the people she is closest with. BW even jumped all over her own brother to call their mother so CW would not worry about him! BW would not put her family and friends through this emotional turmoil.

I totally agree but what if meth is involved? I just think that changes a person and it can do so very quickly. I personally have a relative who disappeared for three weeks when he had never been gone for even one night before. He was about the same age as Brittney. He lived within a few miles of her. We still don't know exactly where he had been during those weeks. He never told the full story but we know he left with no money, no clothes, nothing. He left and he came back. This was many years ago when we were first beginning to hear of meth in this community (within miles of Tillman's Corner, the same school system). I can't imagine the network that must now exist among the producers, sellers, and users. Well, yes I can imagine. My point is that she may not be caring right now or she may not have cared when she "left". She may come out of it and not even know where she is!

Bless her heart. I know I speculate too much but with meth AND potential molesters involved there is just nothing that would shock me.

One thing I won't do is assume the victim (who from all accounts is not BW) is lying about who molested her.

JMO

100% amen everything you wrote but double 100% for that ^. Baldwin County has an excellent child advocacy program in place. I have complete faith in their interviewing skills. The victim would have been interviewed by a professional & experienced child advocate before any arrests. If Baldwin Co. LE says a "horrific" crime has occurred then I believe them with no reservations whatsoever.

IIRC, people who make meth have a hard time getting the ingredients for them... Often they will be more than happy to trade a quantity of meth for a couple boxes of shoplifted Sudafed.

Seems another item often bartered for meth is Tide detergent, because it is relatively expensive, but concentrated so it is not huge. Some stores keep it locked up because it is so frequently shoplifted. So you might not need to have money OR perform sex acts to get drugs, assuming you are willing to do a little shoplifting.

100% amen everything you wrote but double 100% for that ^. Baldwin County has an excellent child advocacy program in place. I have complete faith in their interviewing skills. The victim would have been interviewed by a professional & experienced child advocate before any arrests. If Baldwin Co. LE says a "horrific" crime has occurred then I believe them with no reservations whatsoever.
I totally agree with you. I am in a different state, but I know investigators for sex crimes are highly trained.

That don't just arrest/charge someone without "facts" and "recorded interviews" that can hold up in court. Can you imagine the lawsuit RSW could bring forth if LE arrested him without proof? I guarantee they have proof.

IIRC, people who make meth have a hard time getting the ingredients for them... Often they will be more than happy to trade a quantity of meth for a couple boxes of shoplifted Sudafed.

Seems another item often bartered for meth is Tide detergent, because it is relatively expensive, but concentrated so it is not huge. Some stores keep it locked up because it is so frequently shoplifted. So you might not need to have money OR perform sex acts to get drugs, assuming you are willing to do a little shoplifting.
It's been going on around here. I am still trying to figure out how they walk out of the store with Tide under their shirt. And why don't they steal Cheer?:waitasec:

It's been going on around here. I am still trying to figure out how they walk out of the store with Tide under their shirt. And why don't they steal Cheer?:waitasec:

:floorlaugh: or Gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member