An arrest has been made!

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post as a member, however, I have been following many missing children cases on this site. What ever happened to the info regarding the beige pick up truck at the irrigation pond? Does this tie into Huckaby in any way?

Again I would like to apologize if that came off rude. But I spent hours on the Melissa thread last night and was convinced that she was involved. Then when I read about the arrest this morning, It didnt really come as a surprise at all to me that she was arrested.

I agree. When I went to bed last night, I felt she would be arrested. So I wasn't surprised that she was arrested but I am surprised that she acted alone.

On page 2 of this thread, there were several comments (abbreviated below) about the booking photo. Studying photography I learned to see the difference in faces; nobody is perfectly symmetrical. Supposedly, more attractive people have more symmetrical features. There is a corresponding theory in psychology & criminal sciences that sometimes unattractive people are treated differently.... with many exceptions, of course. This topic may be good fodder for debate another place, but I did a quick PS to post here. The faces are split, duplicated, then flipped to make a whole.
compare.jpg

"I just looked at the picture of Melissa. I was shocked at my own reaction to her face. I pulled back. I have looked at pictures of other murderers before and I have never felt repelled. Maybe because she is a woman, a mother of a 5 yr old. ? But Casey A murdered her own child and I did not have that instant reaction."

"I just looked at the picture again and her face does not seem symetrical.
Maybe that is it. "

"I had the same reaction. She does not look like a nice person at all. In fact she looks mean."

"I must agree, I had a similar reaction to her picture.
(I can't tell if my reaction would've been the same if I had seen the pic before I knew what she'd been arrested for, though!)"

"She is scary looking. jmo"

I think if we saw her on the street, we'd think nothing of it...but we're looking at a picture where she appears disheveled...her eyes are red and glassed from crying...deep dark and reddened bags show how tired and emotionally drained she is...SNIP...I dunno...what's scarier, a child killer in the community that looks like a killer or one that looks like an ordinary mom?

"I think it's the picture along with the thought of what she did. It just gives me the heebies..."

did she talk about the drugging of? the video cut off on me after the explanation of taking the girl to the park and then it cut off....TYIA

IIRC, she said LE told her that the 7 year old had tested positive for drugs.

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post as a member, however, I have been following many missing children cases on this site. What ever happened to the info regarding the beige pick up truck at the irrigation pond? Does this tie into Huckaby in any way?

Good question. I don't think we know yet.

BTW, welcome new poster.

:seeya: :Welcome-12-june::seeya:

Good morning everyone!

WELCOME!!! And we're not sure about that pickup truck yet.

Just getting on after hearing on Fox news about MH's arrest! Now justice for Sandra can begin!

GB Sandra's family. At least now the family knows who is responsible for her death.

But wasn't Sandra found fully clothed? The seized mattress anticipates bad news.

I thought that it was strange that she was found fully clothed. Maybe she was just re-dressed...but, I couldn't imagine why, if she was just going to be placed in a suitcase, and tossed away like garbage. It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe she was kidnapped...and intended for other purposes...BUT..she put up a huge fight, and was killed. That wouild make sense, since it was reported that she was killed BEFORE she had been reported missing (she was reported missing three hours after she actually went missing, probably because her mother thought that she was at a friends playing.)

This scenario was never illogical to me because the design of modern day luggage helps us out with the leverage of heavy weights. I figured if a woman like myself who has four fused vertebrae, muscle and stability problems, and always supposed to adhere to severe lifting limitations can maneuvere two suitcases (22" and 24") throughout Italy and England for four weeks onto planes, trains, and automobiles, not to mention, badly maintained ancient stone roads and curbs, a physically able young woman like Melissa could definitely lift a large size suitcase into a vehicle and heft it into a containment pond. I know that my daughter could manage something like that for sure! If Melissa did do it, it may have been difficult for her, but not impossible. Also, perhaps LE was able to see some evidence of that struggle with the weight of the suitcase out at the pond site, too. Unfortunately, I think that Tracy LE will less forthcoming with the release of evidence as we have experienced with the Anthony case.
---
You are indeed correct. Before my back injury I had to help put my husband into a wheelchair, he was paralyzed on one side. 210 lbs. and I used pivoting and balance to get him into the chair. The suitecase was hers and that means that she used it. If you were to fill that large suitecase you will find that it can hold more weight than Sandra weighed. It has wheels and a lift handle. I have handled this size luggage many times traveling and they are made to easily handle the weight and to be picked up and loaded easily. There is no doubt in my mind that Huckaby could have murdered Sandra and put her into the luggage to hide and handle the body more easily.

I agree. When I went to bed last night, I felt she would be arrested. So I wasn't surprised that she was arrested but I am surprised that she acted alone.

I think we may still find that she had help. Regardless of if she acted alone, I am sure the details will be shocking.

How odd. Now why would she deny theft charges, but admit to or make up a story about a drugged 7 year old?

ETA: Sheneman admited this morning that he said alot of things because he didn't want to give away the investigation, paraphraising.

Good for Sheneman! I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of her conviction!

the five year old is the one that told LE that Sandra was going to runaway. She most likley seem what happen, When I hear this morning I had to pick my jaw off the floor.
I think someone eles is also involve, How sad when you can not trust a child friend's mother that your child play with. and that poor five year old. MY thoughts on Haleigh has to be re focus. I am in shock. Bless Sandra's family.

I asked the forum yesterday re; the little girl saying that Sandra was going to run away. I think it was a different family.

I want to know the cause of death as I imagine all of us do. I can't help but wonder if other people are involved and LE does not want to risk them leaving town in a hurry if they publish the COD. I'm hoping that Sandra did not suffer and that death came instantly.

I hope FW realizes the speculation people have toward him and talks to the press soon about everything Melissa told him...and tells what kind of truck he drives/if he dropped off the letter/if he was at the irrigation pond/how he knew about MH's suitcase/etc. He's still just too weird for me. Maybe LE is waiting for him to incriminate himself before an arrest also? He might think he's off the hook now that LE said "no more arrests to follow"?

Yes, and it squelches the assertion that she was putting it in a rummage sale. I have never even SEEN a $200. suitcase.

A rummage sale at a church with a non-existent membership doesn't really make sense anyhow, does it?

But wasn't Sandra found fully clothed? The seized mattress anticipates bad news.

IIRC, LE didn't say that she was found fully clothed. I think they said she was found "in" or "with" the clothes in which she was last seen. IMO, Sheneman really made full use of semantics when doing his press conferences as to not give too much info.

A rummage sale at a church with a non-existent membership doesn't really make sense anyhow, does it?

A lot of really small churches will have rummage sales where the few members donate items and the general public is welcome to come shop. It's a good way to make a couple hundred bucks since there aren't many members tithing each month. But do I really believe there was a rummage sale in this case? NOPE!

Here is a phone interview with MH where she explains the incident.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2009/04/11/BANH1713V5.DTL&o=4

Police were called.

I didn't hear anything about drugging a child on this video. It sounded like it got cut off, but I did hear that she had a child with her and her daughter at the park and the childs mother couldnt find her. Also, she orginally said she didn't get around to reporting the missing suitcase online but this video she is saying she doesn't have online access????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back