Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of it being too 'harsh' a consideration, I am going to suggest "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback.

I heard it the first time on my way home early one morning last year, after another long night at the hospital with my mom, whom we knew was dying. She died two days later. A very strong message, because though I was lucky in only those last few days, many, like Brittanee and her family, are not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-Eosmk6oE

I'm home from work now. I'm gonna have some dinner and watch the baseball game ( :-D ) and then I will get to work on this video. Thanks for the song ideas! I have about 60 photos saved that I plan to use. If anyone has any specific ones they'd like included, please post them.

Drexel’s life celebrated in Myrtle Beach
Published: April 25, 2010
Updated: April 25, 2010

Today marks the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel. She was last seen at a hotel in Myrtle Beach while on spring break, last April.

To mark the anniversary of her disappearance, Saturday family and friends held a vigil to remember her life. People also marched 20 blocks in Myrtle Beach to mark the occasion.

A bit more at the link...
http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/local/article/drexels_life_celebrated_in_myrtle_beach/132754/

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/2...drexel_jbm03.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG
Second row, pic on the right of the little brother is heartbreaking. They all are, but just putting it in perspective, I have a six year old, who number one, adores his older brother. I have watched their relationship evolve completely independent of my own with them as 'my boys' and individually, and it makes my heart soar with pride and true unconditional love I see before my eyes...and then to imagine trying to explain to that little innocent face and heart why he could ever just be 'gone'...? So very, very sad. I hope and pray for resolution for this family.

Yes that is when my meltdown started again. Seeing that little child's precious face just seems like such a mountain is on those little shoulders. Bless him and I pray for strength and some comfort for him and BD's little sister as well.

On rethinking the song I just posted...I changed my mind as it sounds too much like we have given up hope if we used it. We all still have hope...we have to.

It's been really difficult to find words this weekend. I want to say how beautiful the vigil was, how moving it was to see all of those people and the georgeous, heartbreaking photos of Brittanee and her family. I also want to say how honored I am to share my thoughts with such amazing, caring people.

At the risk of it being too 'harsh' a consideration, I am going to suggest "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback.

I heard it the first time on my way home early one morning last year, after another long night at the hospital with my mom, whom we knew was dying. She died two days later. A very strong message, because though I was lucky in only those last few days, many, like Brittanee and her family, are not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-Eosmk6oE

Absolutely beautiful and thought provoking...I think more for the family and the rest of us than for a rememberance of BD who so tragically was cut off from fulfilling her dreams...

The video is almost done. I started off using pictures of solo Brittanee. Ones that I think are beautiful and show her true character. I also included some pictures of her with some of her good friends throughout the years. Many pictures of her with her family are also in there. Then, I added pictures taken throughout the past year. Some are from her 18th birthday party, a couple are from "Fill the Dome to Bring Brittanee Home," and things of that nature. Lastly, I put in some of the most touching pictures from last nights march and vigil. At the beginning I wrote a note and I said that the video is from every one at Web Sleuths. I hope you're all OK with that. If not, I can change it.

The song I chose to use is called "My Prayer." You can listen to it on Brittanee's website:
www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com

I will upload the video to YouTube soon. There's one picture that I really want to use to wrap the whole video up, but I need to ask permission. It's a brand new one that Brittanee's sister just posted on Facebook and I think it would be a perfect ending note.

I'll post it as soon as possible.

The video is almost done. I started off using pictures of solo Brittanee. Ones that I think are beautiful and show her true character. I also included some pictures of her with some of her good friends throughout the years. Many pictures of her with her family are also in there. Then, I added pictures taken throughout the past year. Some are from her 18th birthday party, a couple are from "Fill the Dome to Bring Brittanee Home," and things of that nature. Lastly, I put in some of the most touching pictures from last nights march and vigil. At the beginning I wrote a note and I said that the video is from every one at Web Sleuths. I hope you're all OK with that. If not, I can change it.

The song I chose to use is called "My Prayer." You can listen to it on Brittanee's website:
www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com

I will upload the video to YouTube soon. There's one picture that I really want to use to wrap the whole video up, but I need to ask permission. It's a brand new one that Brittanee's sister just posted on Facebook and I think it would be a perfect ending note.

I'll post it as soon as possible.

I want to thank you so much for working on this. You are a very special person. I love the song you chose it is beautiful and I think it is wonderful you are presenting the video from webslueths.

That song is so beautiful and it also shows that knowone is ready to give up on Britt we want her home with her family.

I want to thank you so much for working on this. You are a very special person. I love the song you chose it is beautiful and I think it is wonderful you are presenting the video from webslueths.

That song is so beautiful and it also shows that knowone is ready to give up on Britt we want her home with her family.

Thanks so much! I will give Myrissa until morning to reply about using the picture. If I don't hear back from her I will just use another one. I'll post it tomorrow for sure.

LLLindsayy,that was the most beautiful song, "My Prayer", thank you for putting together this beautiful tribute for Brittanee and her family. Praying for Brittanee and her family, Lord lift them up and hold them tonight, bring them comfort and strength, refresh their weary minds. Light the way to bring Brittanee home to her family.

Difficult evening for all... hope wherever she is that she is in peace.

that song is perfect! Looking on the website and listening to the song has made me shed tears. Very moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030