State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was innocent wouldnt he be scared to death to put her in harms way? He had no idea what the perp was thinking. He almost lost his living child. I would be protecting that child. If i was a juror that would be sticking out in my head. moo :seeya:

Oh, gotcha. JY pretending he wasn't the killer - because of course he knew CY was VERY safe.

No matter what impact this has on the jury, it's almost criminal that it wasn't brought out in the first trial.

My TV listing shows TruTV is all infomercials today? (I guess for Presidents' Day). That sucks. I hate being tied to my computer.

Yeah. HLN managed to be commercial-free for how many hours for Whitney's service Saturday......wish they'd be able to cut down on the commercials when they're covering trials too. And have trial coverage on days like today.

If he was innocent wouldnt he be scared to death to put her in harms way? He had no idea what the perp was thinking. He almost lost his living child. I would be protecting that child. If i was a juror that would be sticking out in my head. moo :seeya:
This is a good point, too, IMO.

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.

:rocker: :floorlaugh: Well, where were you this weekend when we debated this ad nauseum? We could have used your words of wisdom.

Actually, LOL, I was taking a drive for another case. :websleuther:

:silenced:
fran

not really a change, cuz the chair was in the spanking hand.
Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO

I would be kind of scared to send her to daycare out in public. Her mother was brutally murdered and she was left as a witness. I guess JY knew the perp wouldnt come after her. moo

Excellent observation. It would seem very reasonable that CY would be with family and no where near any public place.

That last statement might be the difference in verdicts this time around. Mommy getting a spanking had to come from Jason as an explanation of what he was doing. Very damning testimony.

I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.

No matter what end anyone sits on this case, the idea that that poor baby witnessed her mother's brutal murder is beyond heartbreaking, IMO.

Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO

could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.

You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a , a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.

could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use

MF already testified there was something large, I believe, that was missing from one of the tables. But she couldn't recall what it was.

Does anyone else remember this?
fran

I have seen a lot of scattered dots.
It is up to the PT to connect these dots during closing arguments.
They did a poor job last time...hope they are prepared this time.

Between the judge & lawyers, can't believe all the "ums." would expect it for non-expert witnesses, but, not professionals who speak for a living.

I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.

Agreed, its hideous beyond words.

What has continued to piss me off in all this is JY's manner of going about his life as compared and contrasted to his wife's. MY's activities were so genuine, sweet, innocuous, up front and above board. Her idea of fun and socializing was to invite the day care worker/babysitter over to watch Cinderella. JY's idea of fun was having a quickie on the sofa with CAS. To say MY was too good for him is a monstrous understatement.

Does anyone else think JY got a haircut over the weekend? Perhaps he is planning to 'charm us' on the stand in his on testimony...

Good luck with that. I see nothing attractive about him or his facial features at all. Still surprising to me that he was able to have such beautiful women in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member