Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #1 *T. Vader guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/16/edmonton-missing-couple-rcp.html

This article mentions Vader's August 2009 charges, which include "possession of break-in tools, driving a motor vehicle while unauthorized, operating an irregular motor vehicle and trailer, as well as a couple of weapons charges."

Sounds as if the suspect has at least a little experience towing vehicles, so he could have been the one who moved the RV before it was burned. :(

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/16/edmonton-missing-couple-rcp.html

This article mentions Vader's August 2009 charges, which include "possession of break-in tools, driving a motor vehicle while unauthorized, operating an irregular motor vehicle and trailer, as well as a couple of weapons charges."

Sounds as if the suspect has at least a little experience towing vehicles, so he could have been the one who moved the RV before it was burned. :(

Not to mention, in that same article it states:

"Last December, Vader was charged with stealing and burning a pickup truck."

Obviously has experiencing stealing and torching vehicles, too.

NOW, just to play the devil's advocate. Perhaps he is a person of interest because of his known proximity to the area and his obvious criminal history (hauling trailers, stealing/burning vehicles, etc). Not saying he's innocent, just saying that perhaps given his background and the similarities, that's why he's a person of interest.

Scary to read in that same article that he and ex wife have 7 kids between them. Just his criminal history alone, he's a total friggin loser and a disgrace as a role model to his many children.

Assistant Commissioner Peter Hourihan also admitted they botched the early stages of the investigation into the case of Lyle and Marie McCann. One of the officers involved has been ordered out of the field and onto desk duty, he said.

"A couple of mistakes have been made, I acknowledge that," Hourihan told reporters at a news conference at K Division headquarters.

http://news.sympatico.ca/canada/rcm...r_in_disappearance_of_alberta_couple/268d397a

Assistant Commissioner Peter Hourihan also admitted they botched the early stages of the investigation into the case of Lyle and Marie McCann. One of the officers involved has been ordered out of the field and onto desk duty, he said.

"A couple of mistakes have been made, I acknowledge that," Hourihan told reporters at a news conference at K Division headquarters.

http://news.sympatico.ca/canada/rcm...r_in_disappearance_of_alberta_couple/268d397a

Wow, how rich is that. "A couple of mistakes." The way he said it, it's the way you might expect someone to explain something very trivial. When you're talking gross lack of due diligence in a serious situation like missing people, it's those little "mistakes" that could mean all the difference between someone's life and death, and capturing the perp. What a disgraceful lot of moronic imbeciles. That's nice though, just give the lil' copper some paid desk time for the humongous error in judgment and epic failure in doing his job. It's the brotherhood afterall, cover for each other.

“It has been a banquet of mistakes, of laziness, of unprofessional conduct — and two lives are in the balance here,” said Bill Pitt, an Edmonton-based criminologist, law enforcement instructor and former Mountie.

“I think just about every protocol I’m aware of as far as investigation is concerned has been missed, sloughed off or tried to be explained in some ridiculous fashion.

“It’s a blown investigation from beginning to end. Completely blown.”

Gary Godwin, the RCMP spokesman in Prince George, said a couple came in Tuesday to report seeing the vehicle, but were allowed to leave the detachment before they could be questioned further. Police are now asking that couple to come back.

Godwin said Thursday that civilian staffers took the information from the tipster at the front desk but were likely unaware of the public pleas for help being made by the RCMP and McCann family members in Edmonton that day, pleas that appeared on websites and on TV.

“I don’t know if the civilian personnel were up on the file, whether they followed the news or not,” said Godwin.

Now we’re having difficulty locating this couple (the tipsters). We don’t know if they’ve gone on holidays. We don’t know if their cellphone died.

The signs were there, he said: an expensive motorhome torched in the bush with a hitch but no vehicle behind it, owned by a law-abiding elderly couple that now couldn’t be located.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ace-questions-over-handling-of-missing-couple

Wow, how rich is that. "A couple of mistakes." The way he said it, it's the way you might expect someone to explain something very trivial. When you're talking gross lack of due diligence in a serious situation like missing people, it's those little "mistakes" that could mean all the difference between someone's life and death, and capturing the perp. What a disgraceful lot of moronic imbeciles. That's nice though, just give the lil' copper some paid desk time for the humongous error in judgment and epic failure in doing his job. It's the brotherhood afterall, cover for each other.

LOL. LOL

The article I posted above explains it quite well.

Man sought in missing couple case 'crazy'

By CANDICE WARD, QMI Agency

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/07/16/14742631.html

EDMONTON - Acquaintances of Travis Edward Vader - the person of interest in the case of the missing St. Albert couple - are confirming RCMP warnings of Vader's dangerous past.

"I can tell you he's crazy. He's not the one you'd want to meet in a dark alley, or anywhere really. He has always been like that," said a woman from Edson who dealt with Vader's Oilfield company and who asked to remain anonymous

The father of the man wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a St. Albert couple is warning residents in his community not to try to apprehend his son

If anybody ever tried to corner his son, Travis Vader, they'd probably be attacked, Ed Vader told a group of 50 people Friday night at a MacKay, Alta. community meeting. Vader led the meeting that had been previously scheduled to discuss an increase in crime in the area.

A few days prior to the McCanns' disappearance, Vader wrote to friends that he was on the run, but knew how to cover his tracks. He said the dozens of charges the RCMP in Alberta and B.C. had against him were mostly bogus.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/Father+sought+missing+couple+case+warns+violence/3289216/story.html

McCann SUV being removed from near Edson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWgLg93T0yQ&feature=channel

mccann-car2-cbc-300-100716.jpg

image source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/16/edmonton-missing-couple-rcp.html

Looking at the pic of the SUV above, looks like it's been in water...you can see the dried dirt half-way up it, all the way around....kind of the dried residue you'd see on a vehicle that had been 4 wheeling through water.

Police hunt accused arsonist, find missing couple’s SUV

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Police+hunt+accused+arsonist+find+missing+couple/3288064/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

A woman who knows Vader said he is somewhat feared in the Niton Junction community.

The woman, who did not want to be named, said some believe Vader was involved in a fire that broke out on his property in the past.

She said he's an intelligent guy though somewhat unbalanced.

"He worked in the oilpatch and he had a very good job. But apparently he quit it," she said, adding she believes Vader has at least six children.

Vader has some friends in the area. "He's got a few friends around here. All shady characters, I would say, doing the same thing as him."

Hmmm, I think he did this by himself, but it sounds like he had buddies who could have helped him out or been involved as well.

She said she didn't have any trouble with him personally. "I always got along good with him. I never had any problems with him. I didn't socialize with the guy. If I saw him I said hello and he said hello to me, kind of thing. But that's about as far as it went. I do know his family, though, too. They're very nice people and they're well respected in the area, with a lot of friends around here. It's just too bad they have a son like that. I know they don't allow him anywhere near their house because of the way he is and what he does, and they don't want to be involved with that, I guess. They're not anything like that."

I feel sorry for Vader's family too. It sounds like they've had to put up with a lot of #@&# over the years (and perhaps some scary times).....and now this.

I've heard the perp has connections to that area and is familiar with it.

Those witnesses from Prince G seemed very sure it was the car, had plate and all. Guess we will eventually find out.

Why would he go back to the area? Because he is a stupid criminal and a worthless .

He more than likely killed them, but justice will never be served because we do not have the death penalty.

Could he have driven the SUV back because he thought LE had already searched that area, and tried to outsmart LE?
My first thought was that the Prince George sightings were wrong, but after seeing the SUV all muddy, and remembered the tipsters saying that the SUV looked as if it had been in water, now I'm not too sure anymore.

Good thing he didn't bother burning the SUV too. Hopefully there's lots of incriminating evidence there to tie him (or whoever the perp is) to the crime. Also, to rule out if he had any accomplice.

The SUV was found in an area near Highway 16 and Range Road 144, about 30 kilometres east of Edson, Alta.

Link: from this previously posted article http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/16/edmonton-missing-couple-rcp.html#ixzz0twgjVJhc

So, ignore my post from last night where I said it would be easy for TEV to walk to town from the dumping site. It would have been a much longer hike from the car dumping spot to Niton Junction, based on this new information.

Range Road 144 is well west of Carrot Creek (about 10 km), but only 3 km east of Range Road 150, i.e. the road to Minnow Lake. TEV could have either hitchhiked along Hwy 16 after dumping the car, or, someone else was involved along with him. (All assuming TEV was the perp, which we don't know for certain.)

Link: from this previously posted article http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/16/edmonton-missing-couple-rcp.html#ixzz0twgjVJhc
The SUV was found in an area near Highway 16 and Range Road 144, about 30 kilometres east of Edson, Alta.

So, ignore my post from last night where I said it would be easy for TEV to walk to town from the dumping site. It would have been a much longer hike from the car dumping spot to Niton Junction, based on this new information.

Range Road 144 is well west of Carrot Creek (about 10 km), but only 3 km east of Range Road 150, i.e. the road to Minnow Lake. TEV could have either hitchhiked along Hwy 16 after dumping the car, or, someone else was involved along with him. (All assuming TEV was the perp, which we don't know for certain.)
Would the location in ( D ) be ok Snoopster? :waitasec: it appears a bit south of Highway 16.

UPDATED MAP showing Range Road 144 = http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=St+Albert,+AB&daddr=Niton+Junction,+Alberta+to:Carrot+Creek,+Alberta+to:Range+Road+144,+Yellowhead+County,+Division+No.+14,+Alberta+T0E+0G0+to:Edson,+Alberta+to:Minnow+Lake,+Alberta&geocode=FUZVMgMdFzU6-SlT4V4A4CWgUzGTM8ssetD7qw%3BFaAiMgMdOX8Z-Sl5qGtF1pOeUzFqvrp17mBmsA%3BFVAGMgMd1iwY-SmfT1Qh55CeUzFGHyNytI0utA%3BFeNqMQMdELwV-SldDvmTkZueUzHE0lEOZW6pVA%3B%3B&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=53.566953,-115.027609&sspn=1.487661,3.526611&ie=UTF8&ll=53.49785,-115.032349&spn=1.490072,3.526611&t=h&z=8

( A ) St Albert, AB ---> McCanns home
( B ) Niton Junction, AB ---> where POI grew up
( C ) Carrot Creek ---> just as reference
( D ) Range Road 144 ---> where SUV was found hidden
( E ) Edson, AB ---> just a reference
( F ) Minnow Lake ---> where RV was found burned

Yes, Hazel, that looks good. If you watch the video of the SUV being hauled away, that looks like the same road, based on Google Street View. thanks.

But, we have another place to add to your map already! MacKay AB.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Police+manhunt+centres+suspect+with+long+criminal+history/3290736/story.html

People familiar with the area say residents there are afraid of Vader. Some believe Vader has most recently been living in a house in MacKay, whose gates are always locked, Haggart said.

I found this spot on google maps: MacKay, Division No. 14, Alberta T0E

If you go to street view and look to the west, there is a property there with a pretty solid looking locked gate across the driveway. I wonder if that is the property they were referring to.

Yes, Hazel, that looks good. If you watch the video of the SUV being hauled away, that looks like the same road, based on Google Street View. thanks.

But, we have another place to add to your map already! MacKay AB.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Police+manhunt+centres+suspect+with+long+criminal+history/3290736/story.html
People familiar with the area say residents there are afraid of Vader. Some believe Vader has most recently been living in a house in MacKay, whose gates are always locked, Haggart said.
I found this spot on google maps: MacKay, Division No. 14, Alberta T0E

If you go to street view and look to the west, there is a property there with a pretty solid looking locked gate across the driveway. I wonder if that is the property they were referring to.

done! MacKay added ... thanks Snoopster

UPDATED MAP showing Range Road 144 and MacKay= http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=St+Albert,+AB&daddr=Niton+Junction,+Alberta+to:Carrot+Creek,+Alberta+to:Range+Road+144,+Yellowhead+County,+Division+No.+14,+Alberta+T0E+0G0+to:Edson,+Alberta+to:Minnow+Lake,+Alberta+to:MacKay,+Division+No.+14,+Alberta+T0E&hl=en&geocode=FUZVMgMdFzU6-SlT4V4A4CWgUzGTM8ssetD7qw%3BFaAiMgMdOX8Z-Sl5qGtF1pOeUzFqvrp17mBmsA%3BFVAGMgMd1iwY-SmfT1Qh55CeUzFGHyNytI0utA%3BFeNqMQMdELwV-SldDvmTkZueUzHE0lEOZW6pVA%3BFYyeMQMdulkP-Sk1DlPveiKcUzFNzG6q5MvbHg%3BFZkxLgMdaWwV-Snr8VB99yqcUzEO34xziw7-Bw%3B&mra=ls&sll=53.49785,-115.032349&sspn=1.490072,3.526611&ie=UTF8&ll=53.504384,-115.032349&spn=1.489842,3.526611&t=h&z=8

( A ) St Albert, AB ---> McCanns home
( B ) Niton Junction, AB ---> where POI grew up
( C ) Carrot Creek ---> just as reference
( D ) Range Road 144 ---> where SUV was found hidden
( E ) Edson, AB ---> just a reference
( F ) Minnow Lake ---> where RV was found burned
( G ) MacKay, AB ---> where it is believed POI has most recently been living

Could he have driven the SUV back because he thought LE had already searched that area, and tried to outsmart LE?
My first thought was that the Prince George sightings were wrong, but after seeing the SUV all muddy, and remembered the tipsters saying that the SUV looked as if it had been in water, now I'm not too sure anymore.

Good thing he didn't bother burning the SUV too. Hopefully there's lots of incriminating evidence there to tie him (or whoever the perp is) to the crime. Also, to rule out if he had any accomplice.

Im wondering if he had used their cell phone and called someone to meet him there...

I also wonder if they had money on them, jewelry...So sad..

:praying:

Im wondering if he had used their cell phone and called someone to meet him there...

I also wonder if they had money on them, jewelry...So sad..

:praying:

It's been reported in the news that there's been no activity on the McCann's cell phone or credit cards since Jul 3rd.

This guy seems to be pretty experienced criminal and one news article quoted someone stating that a few days prior to the McCann's disappearance, he wrote to friends bragging that he was on the run and knew how to cover his tracks -- this pertaining to all the warrants out for him, and him not having appeared Jul 5 re: obstructing a police officer and some kind of weapons offense. This guy is cagey, arrogant and I'm sure this isn't his first rodeo. We can only hope that he becomes so arrogant that he slips up.

My guess is that thugs like this see elderly folks and a large luxury RV and think valuables, things to sell for drugs, an easy vehicle to use (the SUV towed behind it). That being said, most people aren't going to be traveling in their RV with valuables.

I hope that whoever is out there that may be helping this *advertiser censored* evade LE, they go down too, for pretty much aiding and abetting. I suspect a character like this would have some shady connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam