UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I might look to find the places of birth for Ethan, SS and NS? (Needed in the astros thread.) I wouldn't know where to begin to look except for a general keyword search.

I'll look around for you.

Both from the above link:

FARMINGTON -- Nathanael Sloop's voice cracked when he asked the judge to allow his mother to visit him.
<snip>
"My mother ..." Nathanael Sloop said crying after public defender Todd Utzinger discussed a motion he had filed restricting who can visit with his client in the Davis County Jail.

I would love to know if this picture correlates with the above portion from the media article linked above.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Sadly, when Ethan was crying for his mommy, Nater' Bean had sent her to the store. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

KaylynnCouture Post from previous thread. Thank You

PRESSER RECAP

David Cole (assisting the prosecutor) speaking now.

Offering condolences to Ethans family, and thanks to the public.

Says they're concerned for the privacy of Ethans family and memory.

Prosecutor Troy Rawlings speaking now. Says it's the intent of the Davis Co. Prosecutor office to seek the highest charges they can.

Stephanie and Nathan being held without bail while the investigation continues.

Troy Rawlings says their is evidence of Ethans abuse, and that abuse caused the death of Ethan.

There were over 50 officers from various agencies involved with this case.

The medical examiners office is a key component of this case.

Commends the Layton PD for responding quickly and acting professionally.

Prosecutor going on and on about how professional Layton PD and PD Chief acted.

Says things are being processed to determine how accurate the documents are now, but says they were accurate at the time.

Says the documents were held for a few hours before being released because the police chief wanted to tell Ethans father the information first.

Charges today were NOT formally filed. They intend to file with the second district court once the evidence they need is obtained, submitted, and processed.

Nathan and Stephanie will BOTH be charged with aggravated murder, child abuse, descreation of a corpse and obstruction of justice. Looking at 4 felonies.

Says Ethans father was appreciative that charges weren't filed today so that LE had time to get their ducks in a row.

Prosecutor says the bail status was changed this morning to be held without bail.

They are scheduled to be in court at 1pm today, and 1 or 1:30pm on May 28th.

Gathering evidence and waiting to file charges until they have enough evidence that a jury will all say guilty.

Financial records, computer records, audio and video recordings, photographs, etc. are all being looked at as evidence right now.

Medical examiners office says a complete autopsy will be available in "a couple of weeks".

Prosecutor is stressing that they are still gathering evidence, and that's why they haven't filed.

Says public outpour has been tremendous. Offering burial plots, trust funds, etc. Public greatly wants to help Ethan Stacy and his family.

Says they know that Stephanie and Nathan are still presumed as innocent.

UT has a crime victims bill of rights, and defendants may need more time for evidence, expert witnesses, etc.

Justice will not happen overnight.

Under Rule 3.6 prosecutors cannot comment about the facts of the case due to the fact that the defendants are entitled to a fair trial.

Taking time for reporters questions...

Reporter asking if they will have a hard time establishing aggravated murder charge. Prosecutor says if they can't justify it, they won't file it.

Reporter asking if they feel Stephanie is just as responsible as Nathan. Prosecutor says there is a "massive information of evidence above and beyond the statements" that Stephanie is just as responsible.

Reporter asking about motive. Prosecutor declined to comment.

Reporter asking about a fair trial in Davis County due to media attention. Prosecutor says he's not worried about it.

Reporter asking about where Ethans body is. Prosecutor said Ethans body is still at ME office.

Says it could be around the 25th-28th of May before a cause of death is released.

ME Office is "being careful and thoughtful".

Prosecution says they know a lot more than the documents.

Says bail is being changed several times due to more and more evidence coming in.

Prosecutor doesn't know whether Nathan and Stephanie have showed any remorse, or what section of the jail (ie-isolation) that they're in.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Sadly, when Ethan was crying for his mommy, Nater' Bean had sent her to the store. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

sbbm

I have a feeling Ethan was crying for his Daddy, which probably infuriated them even more.

Interesting isn't it that Nathan sent Stephanie to the store rather than going himself so she could stay home and take care of her son? Even that is half arsed backwards. Isn't usually the other way around? The mom stays home with the child and dad goes out?

Why wouldn't Nathan allow Stephanie to be in the apartment alone with Ethan? She obviously knew what was going on by her sons cries and bruies......

At this link (and another one on KSL earlier, but I don't remember where that one is) http://www.standard.net/topics/etha...-make-court-appearance-formal-charges-pending

...It says that they both waived their right to bail. In the discussions here it sounds like their bail was revoked. Which is it? Because that is a big difference in my opinion. If they waived their rights to bail, that tells me that they know people are angry, and they are scared to be on the outside. If the bail was revoked, then that means the courts feel that they are flight risks or that the charges are serious enough to warrant them never leaving the jails.

The article also says that they waived their right to a timely filing of charges... They know they are in deep. They may not feel bad about it, but they know how serious it is. Too bad they couldn't realize that before this precious little boy lost his life.

SS should have taken Ethan for medical attention even at the risk of getting in trouble herself. She should have turned herself in so that her little boy could be returned to his daddy where he belonged.

Interesting isn't it that Nathan sent Stephanie to the store rather than going himself so she could stay home and take care of her son? Even that is half arsed backwards. Isn't usually the other way around? The mom stays home with the child and dad goes out?

Why wouldn't Nathan allow Stephanie to be in the apartment alone with Ethan? She obviously knew what was going on by her sons cries and bruies......

It can't be because she was going to get help because she didn't get help while she was out. Not at the courthouse and not at Wal- Mart. I think by the time she went to Wal-Mart he had passed away. And lets not forget the lighter fluid and slushies she bought to take to where they were going to bury him. I am sick to my stomach thinking about it, yet they were going to drink them. And didn't LE say they had more evidence than what the public knew. She already threw him under the bus and he is probably singing like a canary about her role in the abuse. Yeah she went out alone because she was a big part of it. What mother in their right mind would leave their child alone with the abuser? Who would leave their severely abused child with head trauma to go marry the ? We would be afraid for the child and if we had any breath left in our body we would get help. Yet she goes and that is when he is scalded. From the moment I read that they said he had wandered away several times, I knew then that most of us would have put up safety precautions if our child was wandering at night. Then when I read that she heard the beating, she was home she heard it happening, I knew then she was involved. A loving mother would have stepped in, or called 911. She wasn't afraid of him, he wasn't controlling her she came and went as she pleased. Poor Ethan he suffered horrible abuse and torture and at the very end he died alone without the loving arms of his Daddy. jmo

At this link (and another one on KSL earlier, but I don't remember where that one is) http://www.standard.net/topics/etha...-make-court-appearance-formal-charges-pending

...It says that they both waived their right to bail. In the discussions here it sounds like their bail was revoked. Which is it? Because that is a big difference in my opinion. If they waived their rights to bail, that tells me that they know people are angry, and they are scared to be on the outside. If the bail was revoked, then that means the courts feel that they are flight risks or that the charges are serious enough to warrant them never leaving the jails.

The article also says that they waived their right to a timely filing of charges... They know they are in deep. They may not feel bad about it, but they know how serious it is. Too bad they couldn't realize that before this precious little boy lost his life.

SS should have taken Ethan for medical attention even at the risk of getting in trouble herself. She should have turned herself in so that her little boy could be returned to his daddy where he belonged.

The judge ordered them to be held with no bail.

I know that the judge ordered them held with no bail, but I wonder if that is because the attorneys requested it. Two articles are reporting it that way.

If it wasn't pre-planned than they made a plan right after the initial beat down Ethan received from NS. After that beating - even if he didn't receive permanent injuries - they both knew that Ethan could NEVER go home to his daddy!! SS knew Ethan could NEVER speak to his daddy again (if that was even possible with his injuries) because the little guy would have told his father what happened or cried uncontrollably at the sound of his daddy's voice.
IMO after the first beating - there was no turning back for these monsters! Ethan's fate was sealed!!:furious: There was only one chance at stopping Ethan's torture and that was when NS's mother visited. She says she didn't see anything . Hard to believe-but, who knows how long she was there and if she actually saw him or if they told her he was taking a nap or something like what SS was telling Joe! I'll give her the benefit of a doubt till more cell phone snap shots are released.
:rose:RIP Little Man-Justice is coming!!

ITA. I think there came a point in time where NS and SS knew there was no going back. And they made the conscious decision to let Ethan die or finish him off.

I had to back out of this thread for awhile. Sorry if this has been said. I think after reading NS wedding page love for SS that he loved people to adore him. I'm sure Little Ethan was wary of him and his mother. She had abandon the child for heaven's sake. He barely knew her. I think NS probably freaked out when Ethan didn't adore him and "disciplined" him. I cannot imagine letting a boyfriend "discipline" or even look the wrong way at my child after a few days of his knowing the child. I would barely let my husband discipline my kids and they were his too. I know that I was a bit much on the other side, but surely it's not normal to let your boyfriend discipline a child he doesn't even know. Oh and discipline isn't whacking the child in the head. What a sadistic brute. I can't imagine that this child didn't have internal injuries also. Has that been touched on? Sorry, I just can't seem to read without getting overwhelmed.

I was rather pleased to see NS weeping in court. Is that how a "bad boy" acts? :rolleyes:

This morning I contacted Macy's Dept Store. Some here may not be aware that S & N were on their wedding registry (had many items picked out that they were hoping to have for wedding gifts, lots of crystal plus other high end items) I told them that they may not be wanting this couple as part of their registy considering what they did.
Tonight when I got home from work I had an email from someone in their customer service thanking me for contacting them and they would look into this sensitive matter.

I'm happy to say that now S & N are no longer listed on their registry.

I know this isn't changing a thing, but it just upset me to see them listed there like they were some normal happy couple.

VB

I so feel for Michelle. I can only imagine how hard it was to tell her children that their brother was dead. And those poor children are old enough to want details and for everyone to be completely honest with them.

I read (?) today that the boy (step-brother) is having a terrible time & not talking..Poor kid :(

It seems Michelle truly loved Ethan like her own..She's the total opposite of the Sloop creatures! :furious:

ITA. I think there came a point in time where NS and SS knew there was no going back. And they made the conscious decision to let Ethan die or finish him off.

I have thought that just could never type it out. Those monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth