VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we read somewhere ML said she was giving Aveion pediasure, or ensure or something OTC for the supplemental caloric intake Aveion needed?

She would have qualified for WIC. WIC would have paid for any supplemental formula of some kind - with a doctors prescription - if Aveion needed that.... WIC covers children through age 5.

just thinking outloud.

Calliope, the apartment complex they resided in had dumpsters, not trash cans or individual trash receptacles for each residence. One of the earlier news articles indicated the trash came from trash pick up the week Aveion was reported missing. Remember, LE isolated the trash on Saturday January, 16th. Aveion was reported missing Thursday January 14th, trash pick up according to the City of Roanoke map for Aveions residence was Wednesday January 13th.
Thanks! I forgot about the dumpsters. Having dumpsters shared by a number of households would increase the chances of someone taking note of when BL/ML discarded their trash, how often, etc., and if there was any change in that routine that week. The surrounding trash would also be a clue as to when he was killed and thrown away (God... every time I type that my heart just aches)

great questions! I wonder if Aveion had routine scheduled medical appointments due to his medical condition. I imagine he did to monitor his progress and medical needs. Were his dietary supplements prescription? If so, how often did they need any prescriptions for Aveion refilled? Did ML comply with these doctor appointments both before and after Aveion was returned to her custody or just prior to regaining custody? If they were on state medical insurance, it is likely that medical insurance works like an HMO were Aveion was assigned a primary care physician. One would assume all 4 children had the same pediatrician, it wouldn't make sense to have multiple pediatricians.... Unless Aveions bio father provided medical insurance (that usually happens along with court ordered child support. The non custodial parent is ordered to pay medical insurance for the children if they can, otherwise they are to contribute to the costs of medical)

Even if Aveion wasn't still under routine care of a pediatrician, he was pretty close to having his 36 month annual.

I would HOPE that one of the conditions of his return was he receive close medical monitoring and be brought in for regular checkups; if not being seen by a doc each time, at least have a nurse weigh him, perhaps do a blood draw or other tests to determine his nutritional needs were met. VA Premier insurance does assign a primary care physician. And if they did have the same doc, I'd like to know if they noticed any difference in ML/BL behaviour and interactions with the other children compared to Aveion. Was he the 'scapegoat' of the family? :(

Good point about the bio dad. I do recall it being said he works two jobs. I wonder if either have health insurance? If low enough wages that he'd need two jobs, it's likely they didn't (that's not unusual around here, sadly).

Didn't we read somewhere ML said she was giving Aveion pediasure, or ensure or something OTC for the supplemental caloric intake Aveion needed?

She would have qualified for WIC. WIC would have paid for any supplemental formula of some kind - with a doctors prescription - if Aveion needed that.... WIC covers children through age 5.

just thinking outloud.

Thanks ! I couldn't recall if it was an OTC brand or specialized formula. I'm sure she had some sort of assistance getting these supplements, as they are expensive.

Either WIC or medicaid/VA Premier would have paid for it --- with a prescription.... which means there would be a record of when and where she purchased it, which means it could easily be seen if she did so on a regular basis matching when it would be "due" to run out. (did that make sense? lol) I KNOW pharmacies keep up with this stuff, because I got an autobot call from mine telling me I wasn't taking my meds as prescribed (I was... doc had told me to hold some for a while). I was touched but just a little scared that Big Brother CVS was watching me so closely. My point is the pharmacy and insurance would have records of all this.

Adding to the questions above on this subject...

How often did she purchase these supplements (by the week? by the month?) and when was her next purchase due? How often was he supposed to take a supplement during the day? And using this information, plus how many were found in the home (unused and empty), determine if he was receiving the supplements as prescribed and approximate how long before the reported abduction he'd stopped taking them. I suppose it's possible she gave them to the other kids too, or even her or BL drank them, but regardless of what the commercials say, this stuff just tastes nasty. I guess once a kid gets used to them (as Aveion no doubt was) it might not be so hard to get them to drink it, but just out of the blue in order to cover up the fact they weren't giving him his supplements? I doubt it.

We know from the indictment that he was killed sometime after January 1st.

We know from the search of the landfill that he was taken in the trash on Wednesday, January 13th.

The "abduction" happened on Thursday the 14th.

We are not dealing with Mr. and Mrs. Einstein here. I do not believe for a minute that they could have concocted such an elaborate (albeit ignorant) plot in the matter of a day or two. I sincerely believe he was killed days before, perhaps even the previous week.

Help me brainstorm please.

Narrowing the focus of my questions to those that would help pin down the day he was killed...

1. When was the last credible sighting of Aveion? The indictment tells me that was January 1st. Did NO one outside of family see him after that date?

2. Did that burn occur after January 1st? I speculated earlier on this thread (or on #1) that perhaps he was seriously sick or injured in such a manner that they knew he was dying, and set up this hoax to cover for the inevitable. I would also suspect that (given his medical history) his immune system was not up to par, and a burn bad enough to blister could certainly cause an infection, even one that could turn into sepsis.

3. As in my previous post, what do the supplements tell us as to when Aveion was killed?

4. Although children that age can't really be credible as to exact dates, did the 4 year old give any clues when questioned? For example, did she mention any events or visitors, TV specials, anything that could pinpoint when he died or when was the last time she saw Aveion? Were they able to find out from her the usual routine (meals, bedtimes, bath times, etc).

Was there a time within those two weeks where the other children went to visit friends or relatives, leaving Aveion alone with BL and ML?

IIRC, BL had stated the other kids were sleeping the day of the "abduction" (at the time and/or when he "awoke"). I believe this true; it would certainly keep them out of the way while he trashed the apartment and set up the scene prior to the call to 911. The 4 year old could give clues if it were their usual routine to be napping at that time of day--- or did the kids get a special *treat*... perhaps something to drink, a snack, maybe some medicine for a *cold*... something that would have made them extra sleepy. Remember that 'leafy green substance' removed in the search? Were the children tested for presence of any drugs in their systems? A brownie would be quite the special treat... and could make them quite drowsy, KWIM??

5. Was there anything about the packaging or materials used to wrap and discard his body that was specific for that purpose? Something that would not have been purchased or used, or was unlikely to have been used, in the household otherwise? Did they find a receipt for these items? Does LE have any videos from the store showing ML/BL making those purchases? If so, are any of the children with them?

What clues were in the trash surrounding his body (either in the same bag or around him)? Any wrappers or packaging with expiration or "use by" dates, by chance? Receipts? Bills or letters with legible postmarks or dates?

6. Aside from email and phone accounts, did LE search the computer(s) from the home to find any relevant search history (burns? crimes involving missing children? home invasions / kidnapping?)? Any chat groups or forums? If so, any abrupt change in their routine or content of their postings?

Please add any other ideas for pin-pointing when he was killed.

I do think that the DA put the dates of abuse from '07 to prove a pattern of abuse, AND so that evidence he died of this abuse can be used to convict them of murder (he died/was killed during their commission of a felony---abuse and neglect).

Would it be possible to go ahead and start #3? And I don't mean this to sound conceited or anything, but to bring my questions over to the new thread? Because I'd like to hear what others have to add to them.

BTW, a new article:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/238371

"Evidence will show both parents knew" about Aveion's mistreatment, Roanoke Commonwealth's Attorney Donald Caldwell said. The indictments don't say the cause of Aveion's death, and Caldwell wouldn't elaborate.

Morgan Lockett's family defended her on Monday and blamed Brandon Lockett.

"My sister's only crime is marrying a deadbeat," said Morgan Lockett's sister, Cara Ward. She said the Locketts' three other children are happy and healthy. If there was any abuse, she said, Morgan Lockett didn't know about it.

Auntie is starting to piss me off.

So, Cara... you don't think ML knew her child was systematically abused to the point he was killed? Really now. So ML thought 9 pounds at 14 months was normal, right? Ok. I suppose she didn't realize that children have to eat to survive. Maybe the doctors and nurses forgot to mention that little tidbit of information in their baby-care instructions. Shame on them!

And she didn't know that a burn bad enough to blister perhaps needed to be treated? Nah. The (reported) excuse that she was afraid to get treatment doesn't mean a thing, huh? Why would she be afraid of something she knew nothing about?

Of course, those requirements that she and BL attend classes, and that his included classes regarding domestic violence, and the monitored visitation and all the hoops she jumped through before (tragically) Aveion was returned to his *parents* were just for ****s and giggles, eh? Just something to pass the time while Aveion was being cared for by his foster family. Nope. No clues of anything amiss there.

And even though the garbage this precious baby was found in was collected the day BEFORE your angel of a sister called 911, I'm sure she had no clue her little boy (you know --- the one who needed such close supervision and special treatment) wasn't in his little bed Wednesday night, nor was he there that next morning as she prepared to leave for work. Hard-working provider that she is, I can certainly understand how she overlooked that little detail.

"It's hard for a stepdad to come into your life and love your kids like they are his own," Ward said.

NO, DUMBASS, IT IS NOT. But of course, angel-sister bears no fault for exposing her children to this monster.

But wait a minute. I thought she didn't know....

So which is it, Auntie dearest?

Morgan Lockett told reporters that she returned home from her job as an assistant at Hurt Park Elementary School to find her husband unconscious and the house ransacked.

1. Scary as hell to imagine this monster working anywhere near children.

2. She called 911 at ~ 6:40 PM.

Since when does school let out after 6 PM ?

I think it's obvious now that the family turned a blind eye to Aveion's abuse.

:furious:

I don't know that an actual day could be pinned down Calliope. As much as I wish it could, only BL and ML know that date and I don't think they will share it with LE. I don't see LE making a deal either, if they have the evidence they need there is no reason for any deal.

I suspect between the trash pick up on the 6th of January and the 13th of January. I can't see the date being prior to January 6th, else he likely would have discarded in the trash that was picked up on the 6th.

It would be interesting to know in the days or week prior to Aveion being reported missing which if any of the neighbors saw both ML and BL out with the children. Obviously once he was deceased they could no longer go out with the kids, because all the kids wouldn't be accounted for.

I don't think a 4 year old would be a good witness to narrow a date. Sadly, I just don't. Especially since she wouldn't be old enough to be in school yet. ML and BL don't strike me as the type of parents to enroll their children in preschool.

jmo

I don't know that an actual day could be pinned down Calliope. As much as I wish it could, only BL and ML know that date and I don't think they will share it with LE. I don't see LE making a deal either, if they have the evidence they need there is no reason for any deal.

I suspect between the trash pick up on the 6th of January and the 13th of January. I can't see the date being prior to January 6th, else he likely would have discarded in the trash that was picked up on the 6th.

It would be interesting to know in the days or week prior to Aveion being reported missing which if any of the neighbors saw both ML and BL out with the children. Obviously once he was deceased they could no longer go out with the kids, because all the kids wouldn't be accounted for.

I don't think a 4 year old would be a good witness to narrow a date. Sadly, I just don't. Especially since she wouldn't be old enough to be in school yet. ML and BL don't strike me as the type of parents to enroll their children in preschool.

jmo

Point taken. But...

All the city public elementary schools have a preschool program for 4 year olds, including the school where she worked.

http://www.rcps.info/education/comp...6&&PHPSESSID=24f951ba401c0784bc1fed168482c354

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48