LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The security guard is female.

In this day and age does that really matter? What kind of female guards an abandoned dark hospital over night? Also, what do we know about the backgrounds of private company security guards? And I'm not talking about off duty police officers.

...and the one person that watched her and talked to her that we know of(according to chicken) is that security guard!!??

There may have been several people along her route home that she usually talked to on her ride. Or, it could be that someone noticed her talking to that security guard and decided to pose as a guard along her route somewhere. Maybe he/she did all this just to build some type of trust. I'm still not ruling out this person working with another who might have bumped the back of her bike with a truck, then the "trusted" one ran over to help her... in the process she is put into the truck without a fight mainly because she doesn't understand what's happening.

And was probably very delusional, made up stories in his head about how she was his, etc, etc. Nuts!

May have even angered him/her that she left the club alone with BW then stayed at his house until late.

Don't know if this has been mentioned/theorized yet, but from what I can tell, I think it looks there are people standing next to the black vehicle. Two or three of them. It is 2 AM, so I could be seeing things, but it just looks to me like they are obstructing the view of the vehicle. Perhaps they are checking under the hood or looking in the trunk for something?

We have covered all kinds of bases for people Mickey is acquainted with.

I was wondering if anyone heard about any repair/maintenance work maybe in the past year that happened at the Shunick's home?

Grasping at straws.

I thought about this too...and then more towards stable hands where she worked. Usually, at least a few have shady backgrounds or limited skills.

:welcome:
Don't know if this has been mentioned/theorized yet, but from what I can tell, I think it looks there are people standing next to the black vehicle. Two or three of them. It is 2 AM, so I could be seeing things, but it just looks to me like they are obstructing the view of the vehicle. Perhaps they are checking under the hood or looking in the trunk for something?

Do you mean the car parked on Versailles? OT - Good to see a fellow Ohioan on here, I'm originally from the Cleveland area!

I can't remember who went out and took this photo at night (thank you) but as you can see on the left where the "lighted pathway" and "light poles" are. The video lapses, etc.. blow out the highlights and if the LE experts bumped up the contrast to give more detail, that further blows the highlights out. I do not think anything is behind the blob but the lighted sidewalk. Behind her down the road, where "light poles" don't seem to be are white lights, like headlights that showed up on this video after her, but photos of those vehicles have not been released.

What if the white truck was parked on the side and the Hooptie (it looks like the back of a two tone car) was 'visiting' with the occupants of the WT. and then drives off in the wrong lane away from MS. to meet up with her on St. Landry because they know her route. Meanwhile, MS continues on her way followed by the WT, arriving at Circle K at 1:48. And Hooptie follows both of them down St. Landry....... ????? Is that too far fetched?

Do you mean the car parked on Versailles? OT - Good to see a fellow Ohioan on here, I'm originally from the Cleveland area!

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. Could be wrong. Just putting it out there.

I just watched a new show on AETV called " CAJUN JUSTICE." Very interesting episode and I got a great view of the area around Louisianna's southern parishes. There was one segment where they were searching for a fugitive in a camp in the swampland. I can see why it might be hard to find a body out there though. :mad:

Sorry if this was posted, or asked before... but does anyone know why the car parked on the right was never mentioned, or a VOI?

I am not sure but directly to the car's right.. on the corner of the bank building is a walk up ATM. I saw it on street view.

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. Could be wrong. Just putting it out there.

I looked at it again and I just see what appear to be two large white spots (assume they're lights) on the front of the car. I think if people were standing there, it would have raised a red flag for Mickey and she'd be looking in their direction. MOO

I just watched a new show on AETV called " CAJUN JUSTICE." Very interesting episode and I got a great view of the area around Louisianna's southern parishes. There was one segment where they were searching for a fugitive in a camp in the swampland. I can see why it might be hard to find a body out there though. :mad:

You got that right. The water visibility in the swamps and most bayous down here is horrible. There is no seeing anything more than inches below the water.

6bgq0.jpg

Nice! and if it hasn't been mentioned, the perspective is just a tad off, the actual camera is a few feet to the right of the night time perspective. So you would be looking at the scene through the speed limit sign and angled stabilizing cable instead of straight at them.

I looked at it again and I just see what appear to be two large white spots (assume they're lights) on the front of the car. I think if people were standing there, it would have raised a red flag for Mickey and she'd be looking in their direction. MOO
It looked to me like she was alomost to the extreme left of her lane? OK! I looked again she is in the middle...Might be seeing things... can't trust these old eyes anymore! Wouldn't she have been riding more to the right if there wasn't something or someone there?

HECK I may be talking about a totally different picture!
I am referring to the one with the 25 mph sign!
eta BBM

It looked to me like she was alomost to the extreme left of her lane? Might be seeing things... can't trust these old eyes anymore! Wouldn't she have been riding more to the right if there wasn't something or someone there?

HECK I may be talking about a totally different picture!
I am referring to the one with the 25 mph sign!

hmmm..I think she tended to ride with traffic so if that's true, it would make sense that she's riding the way she was on Versailles. The camera also shows her riding with traffic on St. Landry. With that said, it really wouldn't surprise me at all if the perp had been following her from the time she left Brettly's, but was very careful so that she wouldn't become too suspicious.

IMO I see two - facing towards eachother...it could be one, but I def. think I see people right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member