CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really makes no sense. After all, it was a shoe store and I'm sure lots of people enter and leave--what difference would it make if an employee's fiance brought a child in through the front door, as long as they (the fiance and the child) behaved, and weren't acting disruptive to customers?
It doesn't make sense.
If there were some minutes left until the end of the aunt's shift, Ross could have taken the boy through the front door, to the back of the store, to wait until aunt was off work.
Apparently Ross was leaving the boy in his aunt's/foster mom's care because he had to go to a class. That's the story, anyway.
It's also a STORE ~ pretend like you're "shopping"!! ;)

It's also a STORE ~ pretend like you're "shopping"!! ;)

The boss who's quoted in some of the articles seems to have known them, or at least be familiar with the fact Campbell had kids. Unless it was a very small store and the boy's braces took up a lot of space, I can't imagine he would mind them just picking her up. Even if the braces took up space, it's hard to imagine a boss risking something like telling an employee her disabled son was not welcome in the store because of his disability - kind of lawsuit city, there.

Perhaps Hassani wanted to stay outside for some reason? (Dad was in a rush, said ok just so he could dash in and out in a hurry...)

It really makes no sense. After all, it was a shoe store and I'm sure lots of people enter and leave--what difference would it make if an employee's fiance brought a child in through the front door, as long as they (the fiance and the child) behaved, and weren't acting disruptive to customers?
It doesn't make sense.
If there were some minutes left until the end of the aunt's shift, Ross could have taken the boy through the front door, to the back of the store, to wait until aunt was off work.
Apparently Ross was leaving the boy in his aunt's/foster mom's care because he had to go to a class. That's the story, anyway.

I would have just texted mom asking her to open the back door.

"He was there to drop the boy's 1-year-old sister off with his fiance, Jennifer Campbell, the boy's aunt and foster mother, police said. Campbell manages the store."
http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_13036933

This seems to suggest it was only the baby getting dropped off?

Also, every where I have worked, managers are pretty free to have whole family reunions run through the place as long as no customers complained (and even then in some places).

I forgot about the sister for a moment there--I think he was leaving both the boy and the sister in Campbell's care. I don't have a link regarding this right now.

You know--if the baby was only a year old, maybe Ross couldn't carry both her and Hassani into the store at the same time? So he left Hassani for a few minutes because he is older ?

LOL that is cute about family reunions in a store! So true!

Columbo, IMO, most of these cases are the result of a sudden rage over a bedwetting/potty training issue or something. IMO, they aren't premeditated or planned.

I totally agree SuziQ. Given that this man is 39 with a baby on the way, with the responsibility of two foster children, one of whom has special needs, I feel like an explosion of rage could be a distinct possibility of what may have happened to Hassani. The abduction story then made up to cover the crime.

Does anybody know what the timeline of the two campbell children and the Fiancé's day was supposed to be? Would he have had enough time to get rid of evidence? Was it always planned that he drop off the 1 yo sister?

I hope to god that they find this precious child alive, but given either scenario, the outcome is becoming bleaker. It was so sad to hear the Aunt's coworkers speak of how much she loved Hassani and his sister. This will be even more devastating if it turns out that her loved one is responsible for harm onto her nephew.

The boss who's quoted in some of the articles seems to have known them, or at least be familiar with the fact Campbell had kids. Unless it was a very small store and the boy's braces took up a lot of space, I can't imagine he would mind them just picking her up. Even if the braces took up space, it's hard to imagine a boss risking something like telling an employee her disabled son was not welcome in the store because of his disability - kind of lawsuit city, there.

Perhaps Hassani wanted to stay outside for some reason? (Dad was in a rush, said ok just so he could dash in and out in a hurry...)

bolded by me.
That occurred to me too.
If Ross had been taking care of both the sister and Hassani for the day, and was on his way to a class then it makes sense that he would have to leave both kids in Campbell's care.

Even if he'd wanted to stay outside, the adult should've known the danger of leaving a 5 y/o child alone in the alley even though it's supposedly a "safe" neighborhood. And if by some chance Hassani wandered off, how far could he have gotten with the leg braces? If someone tried to abduct him, wouldn't someone have seen or heard something? I'm just praying he is still alive and ok. :cry: MOO

Like Paintr, I want to know if this is common? I don't think I have heard of this before.

I'm not sure if it varies by state, but I think it may be common in foster situations. I have a friend who was a foster mom to two little girls (whom her and her husband have since adopted) and her little girl went missing at the park one day, and the first thing the police did was take the other girl into custody. Thankfully, it was just a situation where the one little girl just ran off and got lost in the woods behind the playground, so she was found safe and unharmed, and the other child was returned to my friend and everything went on.

Even if he'd wanted to stay outside, the adult should've known the danger of leaving a 5 y/o child alone in the alley even though it's supposedly a "safe" neighborhood. And if by some chance Hassani wandered off, how far could he have gotten with the leg braces? If someone tried to abduct him, wouldn't someone have seen or heard something? I'm just praying he is still alive and ok. :cry: MOO

Oh, I totally agree - but people so stupid things sometimes. Maybe he counted on the windows in the front of the store being enough to keep an eye on him?

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...Oakland-s-Rockridge-Neighborhood/Default.aspx
"The child, wearing leg braces, was reported missing Monday afternoon when his father ran into the store to get the child's mother at the end of a visitation. The couple is divorced. When the parents returned to the car, Hassani was missing."

I am confused by this passage, can somebody clarify which info is correct? Are the foster parents together, expecting a child, or divorced? These are two very different states of union and would effect possible motives for sure.

Oh, I totally agree - but people so stupid things sometimes. Maybe he counted on the windows in the front of the store being enough to keep an eye on him?
I hope this was just that ~ stupidity ~ and not that a family member is yet again involved in a child's "disappearance". Praying for Hassani tonight!

:seeya:

http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...Oakland-s-Rockridge-Neighborhood/Default.aspx
"The child, wearing leg braces, was reported missing Monday afternoon when his father ran into the store to get the child's mother at the end of a visitation. The couple is divorced. When the parents returned to the car, Hassani was missing."

I am confused by this passage, can somebody clarify which info is correct?

Wild - I hadn't come across this info before... how can you adopt as a couple if you are divorced? If the aunt adopted the children after they had separated/divorced, would the dad still be on for child support?

Curiouser and Curiouser...

In Florida if you adopt a disabled child you continue to get the same $s as though you were fostering. Same thing with adopting a child who is related to you. Also adopting siblings is a qualifier. So these kids were covered in all ways if CA is the same.

Plus the adoption bonus. What is it $4000 per child ?
Wonder if there's a life insurance policy ?

Exactly. MOO

Most retail stores have a back entrance for deliveries and a bell for the delivery man to ring so employees can accept deliveries when they arrive. What boss wants an employee hanging around for some time waiting for a delivery truck to show up? The bell rings and the door is opened then. Why didn't Foster Dad ring the bell?

I am confused by this passage, can somebody clarify which info is correct? Are the foster parents together, expecting a child, or divorced? These are two very different states of union and would effect possible motives for sure.

Wow, when is the last time the aunt saw this child? were they living together or seperate places?

That was an early report, maybe it was wrong ?

I wonder if Ross was really the foster dad or was just awarded that title by the media because he was the bf of the aunt. Was she appointed foster mother officially by the authorities or was this an informal arrangement between the sister and her? Are unmarried couples allowed to adopt in CA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts