Stain in Trunk May Show Outline of Child**REVISIT FOR READING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadaver dogs can smell the minutist amount of scent of human decomp,far beyond what a human could pick up.A huge decompositional event,such as the one in the trunk,is easy for a human to detect.The lighter scents,such as what was on the ground in the A's back yard,only a cadaver dog could detect.The air samples and having the cadaver dogs sniff the car were confirmation that it was ,indeed,human decomp. A dead child was found,not a dead pig,so connect the dots.
If you have ever smelled cat urine you know the difference between it and dog urine or human urine.You just know .Same thing with human decomp,versus any other animal.
The dogs nose is so perfected that they can even distinguish between a recent death and an old death ( Indian burial ground type). These are called archaeological dogs.

I have smelt a decomposing cat. Absolutely vile.

And I have had the HORROR and MISFORTUNE to smell a body that had only been dead a few days. NOTHING EVER COULD PREPARE ME FOR IT. More repulsive and nightmarish than I could ever describe. And not a thing like the cat.

I think its because of the food we eat and the different bacteria in our bodies which are not present in animals.

Just thinking and writing about that smell has me gagging and my eyes watering a little. And it was more than 10 years ago.

Yep, truly unique and unlike anything else. Regardless of how the A's are now changing their stories their initial reactions were the correct ones. The police knew it, the tow yard guy knew it and the trained dogs knew it. But the saddest part of all is that the "mother" knew it all along.

Maybe you could make an argument for each point but when you put them all together???

Smell by LE AND A's AND dogs all said or woofed that it was a dead human body smell
excuse for smell from owner of car not backed by any evidence
hair consistant with signs of decomp found in trunk
Stain in trunk
car abandoned
Owner of car actually had her child turn up deceased

How can you NOT connect the two?

Those dogs have been able to find dead bodies under 10 feet of cement. In this case they used two different ones. Those dogs are constantly tested and have a documented accuracy rate which is what will determine if that evidence is allowed at trial. They can't tell whose dead body it is though unlike a trailing dog that follows a specific persons scent.

I have smelled a decomposing body and it is the kind of smell you would recognize instantly. It also clings, it gets in your hair, it gets in your clothing, it gets up into your nostrils, you have to use Oil of Wintergreen in your nostrils or you will smell it for days afterwards. Taking a shower helps, but it is still lingers on your skin.

On the other hand, my garbage can has some decaying meat in it and it's just characteristic garbage smell.

Cadaver dogs do not lie, they are not going to alert to any other substance,they are not in favor of the Prosecution or defense, and are not usually conspiring against an innocent defendant.

Yes I agree with that. It could be either, but we know we had garbage, we dont know we had a human body.

How do you explain the Graves waxfound inside the garbage inside her trunk? How do you explain all the components of a decomposing body found inside her trunk? How do you explain the death band on Caylee's hair found inside the trunk?

I think you just find it hard to believe that a mother could murder her child. I can, in a way, understand that. I find it hard to believe that my sister-in-laws uncle could murder her & my brother in cold blood, but it happened. The facts are there in this case also.

And we also have the towyard manager who stated that the car reeked like a dead body. How many more people would need to state that the car smelled like a dead body before it would convince the naysayers that the odor was a dead body and not rotten food?

How would they convince the jury? Will they put them through some kind of test? That would help me.

Rotten cooked food vs rotten raw food. I think of rotten food as rotten raw food, which is a dead body.

Maybe you are right and this wont even be contested at trial.

Are you stating it as fact that humans can tell the difference in the smell of a decomposing human as opposed to a decomposed animal?

If you think about how a dog "marks" and identifies territory, they ( and animals) have much more heightened senses than humans. Recall how a dog or cat can travel all across the country to return to their "home." Humans can not do that. Aside from the fact that cadaver dogs are highly & specifically trained. The defense will push junk science. They and the Anthony team have no other options than to try and discredit anything the SA has. They have no evidence to support Casey's innocence.

You are not required to think it is a human body!
iF you conclude it is food, then it is food in your opinion.
But,here is a better thread for your debate. If you do a title search on decomp that will turn up some better threads for this discussion. thanks.

In the trunk 2.6 days - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Now let's move on everyone. If you think it is decomp and don't want to go around in circles, then don't.

Thank you I will stop. I've seen enough. Thank you for the thread.

How would they convince the jury? Will they put them through some kind of test? That would help me.

Rotten cooked food vs rotten raw food. I think of rotten food as rotten raw food, which is a dead body.

Are you stating it as fact that humans can tell the difference in the smell of a decomposing human as opposed to a decomposed animal?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck the Jury will be able to confidently come to the conclusion that it most definitely was a duck. Ask Scott Peterson.

Ok you scared me into learning more than i ever wanted to know about salami!! I read your link, as best as I could understand it anyhow, and thought that moat generally salami is a cured meat that can be hardened and sold room temperature even. SOOO, I found this link ( my google search is just a mixed bag of yuck with this case ) http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5161213_salami-made.html > basically, what I am trying to imply here is that I doubt that anyone TL included was purchasing high quality, made fresh from the butcher salami. I was concerned with your link, I hate giving the defense any angle on which to spin good evidence. So I found one thats suits me better lol. Thanks for it doing legwork! You Rock!

There is a big difference between fresh from the butcher and the processed, preservative-laden stuff you get in the cold meat section from Publix. No maggots were congregating in the empty salami package.

There is also a very good chance that the small flies found around the paper toweling substance were "coffin flies". That would be significant.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4081667&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.07 Emails between Oak Ridge and OCSO[/ame]

We haven't seen the insect reports yet either. Much research was done on that. That has been a proven science for hundreds of years.

I thought you had not smelled a dead body?

I have not smelled a dead human body. that is why i am asking all these questions. I am finding that there are several people in here who have.

Maybe that is why so many people are convinced.

The smell of death is pretty awful...vile...putrid. Early in the investigation reference was made to the chemicals involved in the decomp process and even then a child is different from an adult, just as an animal is different from a human. This is partly because of what we ingest over a lifetime. Folks that deal with that on a regular basis (coronors and such) probably could ID the odor as human vs. animal. Could the average joe tell the difference by odor alone? IDK-Coming from an enclosed environment like the hot trunk of a car would make the scent overwhelmingly nauseating, I would not know which creature had expired (and I have smelled human decomp) but I would know it wasn't garbage!

I have not smelled a dead human body. that is why i am asking all these questions. I am finding that there are several people in here who have.

Maybe that is why so many people are convinced.

I've had raw chicken and raw pork and yes is does smell like a decomposing body. I've managed and owned restaurants and if the city misses a week on the dumpster, it is unbearable.

I will research this human decomposition smell . I wont ask anyone to give me a link to this anymore. sorry

This indicates you have. ???

We haven't seen the insect reports yet either. Much research was done on that. That has been a proven science for hundreds of years.

I'm curious about what the entomologist has to say.

Dr. Neal Haskell is the most renowned in his field. He's credited with solving another case where a body was found in a garbage can with her mouth and nose tied up and covered with plastic wrap. The victim's daughter had been telling people the victim was with a relative in another state.

"Coffin flies" instead of "blow flies" were the evidence that proved the victim had been put into the garbage can while she was either still alive or VERY soon after death.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2001/Jul-12-Thu-2001/news/16522550.html

Quote from CNN "You can make out what may be the back, bottom, and legs most clearly," Cowan said in the message. "The image is best viewed on a computer screen, rather than a printout, but several of us can see this image and agree there is good chance we are seeing something significant."

This absoultely confirms in my mind that BOTH Cindy and George Anthony should be charged with obstruction of justice for trying to cover for their daughter in the murder of Caylee. George was a cop for God's sake and he didn't see what was according to the quote above "You can make out what may be the back, bottom, and legs most clearly"

CHARGE GEORGE AND CINDY. THESE TWO PARENTS ARE JUST AS GUILTY IN THIS AS CASEY IS. CAYLEE NEVER STOOD A CHANGE IN THIS DYSFUNCTIONAL ABSURD DISTURBED FAMILY.

Rotten raw food does not equal a dead human body. There is a distinct difference in the biological signature of the fluids present in each of them.

And I have not had the misfortune to have smelled a dead human body, but many here have and they have repeatedly stated that YES---there is a difference. A noticeable difference. I believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77