IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The students, caught up in the pace of university life, perhaps didn’t really “see” the other occupants of their neighborhood: the homeless people, the vagrants, the construction workers, the local drug dealers and criminals. BUT JR’s apartment had been broken into earlier this year; the attorney’s office had cameras focused on his parking lot; JC wrote about homeless people in the area, claiming one of them had been murdered.

Could LS have been abducted by the like of David Ison?

http://www.wave3.com/story/15574442...eaths-in-franklin-county?clienttype=printable

Quote from the above link:

After shooting 5 people in rural Laurel, Indiana, David Ison was apprehended by police officers while on his way to robbing a pharmacy.

Someone as desperate as Ison could have spotted LS’s jewelry, decided to rob her and forced her into a car on College Avenue.

Maybe Ison (or someone like Ison) was parked in the driveway just south of the intersection of 11th and College plotting a robbery of the medical offices located there & overpowered LS and pulled her into a vehicle so quickly that she could not scream or fight back. Foliage may have provided a cover. Even if LE was at the WH or in the immediate area at 10th , they might not have been able to observe any activity so close to 11th.

Yes, and it also possible that JR cobbled LS a pair of fine shoes in the hour they spent together and Ison abducted her to get the shoes. My point is that JR's behavior makes so little sense that his story is either untrue or purposefully lacks important details.

We don't know that JR's story lacks details because we don't have any idea what his official story is. LE has not shared what information they have from any of the PsOI... including JR. We do know JR gave LE at least one statement thru his attorney, assuming his atty can be believed. But we have absolutely no idea how detailed or not it was and whether it matches the hearsay that we generally accept as facts of the case.

My point is that JR's behavior makes so little sense that his story is either untrue or purposefully lacks important details.

Maybe LS was sober enough to walk without stumbling, just as JR said. She left to go to College Ave at about 4:20am. AN (or someone like her) could have been standing on the sidewalk just south of the intersection; she might have said something like "honey, you're barefoot. My bf & I will give you a lift."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201110...ities-Spierer-case?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

Kenneth Grant, the dead teen's father, said Friday the lack of cooperation reminds him of the Lauren Spierer case. Friends of Spierer, a 20-year-old Greenburgh resident who vanished June 3 after a night out at Indiana University, delayed reporting her missing, hired lawyers and have not been forthcoming with investigators.

The LoHud reporter makes some unfair statements about the POI in the LS case.

1. The friends "delayed" in reporting LS missing. HOWEVER, LS was reported missing within about 12 hours of her disappearance.

2. The friends hired lawyers; HOWEVER, we cannot assume that merely consulting an attorney implies guilt. They may have needed advice on how to best help the investigation.

3. The friends have not been forthcoming with investigators. BUT how could the reporter possibly know how forthcoming the friends were? The police are not releasing detailed reports regarding the friends’ statements.

LoHud is going too far in publishing hit pieces against the POI, primarily JR, CR and HT. The above linked article is a NOT an editorial or opinion, but rather a carelessly written and poorly researched “news” article. This type of invective presented as if it were substantiated information could incite violence against the POI, and therefore constitutes a type of lynching.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201110...ities-Spierer-case?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

1. The friends "delayed" in reporting LS missing. HOWEVER, LS was reported missing within about 12 hours of her disappearance.

2. The friends hired lawyers; HOWEVER, we cannot assume that merely consulting an attorney implies guilt. They may have needed advice on how to best help the investigation.

3. The friends have not been forthcoming with investigators. BUT how could the reporter possibly know how forthcoming the friends were? The police are not releasing detailed reports regarding the friends’ statements.

LoHud is going too far in publishing hit pieces against the POI, primarily JR, CR and HT. The above linked article is a NOT an editorial or opinion, but rather a carelessly written and poorly researched “news” article. This type of invective presented as if it were substantiated information could incite violence against the POI, and therefore constitutes a type of lynching.

IMO, the situations are different, at least on the surface. While it's possible LS wandered off and something tragic befell her, it also seems possible something more nefarious occurred. However, we really don't know if the PsOI were involved in that or not (or even if that's what happened), so I agree with your statement about "lynching" by the media. Lawyering up isn't a crime (although talking might help solve one) ... many would do it, I believe.

I truly feel for the parents of AG, but alcohol and drugs are out there ... always have been. AG would have found them at BC as well as Skidmore if he was looking/partaking. His friends obviously shouldn't have let him leave alone and in such an intoxicated state. But that's poor judgment vs. a crime. We can't stop every kid from partying too hard, but we can teach kids to watch out for each other and get involved if they see someone in trouble.

That's what I'm taking from these cases, anyhow. Even Sports ... if LS was indeed foaming at the mouth, maybe helping her vs. kicking her out would have been the thing to do. But just as with these kids, no one took that step. JMO.

While the police have not been forthcoming let us look at some of the statements from some of their high priced lawyers.
When contacted my client cooperated with LE. So even when these guys knew this girl was missing they made no attempt to contact LE.They waited till LE tracked them down.
My client has supplied a statement and the results of a lie detector tests.That is not cooperating or helping with a police investigation.LE does not want to be provided with a statement written by a lawyer.They want the ability to question someone multiply times over a period of time.One to see if their is consistence in their statements two to give them time to check the validity of statements they make in one interview before they interview them again.The lie detector test part is absurd.A self administered test is worthless and Le would have thrown it right into the wastebasket.Something a experienced lawyer would know.So why did he even bother conducting it?Usually a lawyer will give his client a LD test to see if he is capable of passing it.If so then he will allow his client to take one with LE.For some reason that is not happening here.While it is the job of an attorney to make sure his client is not convicted of a crime it is also their job to get their client if innocent cleared as a suspect so they do not have this suspicion hanging over them for life.Something their attorneys have made no effort to do. So as far as LoHud being to hard on them.Good for them.Someone has to be because IMO they deserve it

....A self administered test is worthless and Le would have thrown it right into the wastebasket.Something a experienced lawyer would know.So why did he even bother conducting it?Usually a lawyer will give his client a LD test to see if he is capable of passing it.If so then he will allow his client to take one with LE.For some reason that is not happening here.While it is the job of an attorney to make sure his client is not convicted of a crime it is also their job to get their client if innocent cleared as a suspect so they do not have this suspicion hanging over them for life.Something their attorneys have made no effort to do. So as far as LoHud being to hard on them.Good for them.Someone has to be because IMO they deserve it

I've got to agree.. I really have no sympathy for these boys... and another reason that an attorney would give a lie detector test is so that they can say they "passed it"... Lots of people actually believe than an LD is an LD... like it's some magic potion or something.

I've got to agree.. I really have no sympathy for these boys... and another reason that an attorney would give a lie detector test is so that they can say they "passed it"... Lots of people actually believe than an LD is an LD... like it's some magic potion or something.

IMO, it's obvious there's something to cover up, whether it's drug use or supplying drugs, providing alcohol to a minor, or worse. Those are crimes, no doubt, but the bigger issue, IMO, is that the PsOI didn't/don't appear to be willing to reveal what in order to help LS and her family.

In the AG case, his friends didn't report him missing for awhile, it appears. I don't know if the final outcome would be different if they had, but I believe it would make parents feel better to know that their kid's friends cared about him and not just protecting themselves.

I feel that about the LS case as well, actually.

Every Sunday afternoon since school has started again, HT tags my friend in a ton of pictures from their weekend. It's like she documents every moment of their partying. I know I've said it before but it really deeply disturbs me.

Every Sunday afternoon since school has started again, HT tags my friend in a ton of pictures from their weekend. It's like she documents every moment of their partying. I know I've said it before but it really deeply disturbs me.

So life goes on as is ... and for others it doesn't. It definitely makes you think ...

That IS disturbing....

Oh my. :waitasec:

It is disturbing and it would certainly deeply bother me if I were in your position. I don't get it. I give up trying to understand. You'd think she would have a modicum of decorum.

(JR keeps a cooler at his front door.)

You may have said so, but have you talked to your friend about the partying with HT before?

I had a good friend die when I was in HS... it was sudden, a brain hemmorhage, so no one was "at fault"... but I remember it taking nearly a year for me to get back to feeling like life was normal...

I find it very hard to imagine carrying on with life as it is - especially in terms of excessive behaviors that were likely the cause of my friend's death... I would think it would open some eyes... cause a little reflection... I don't know..

It sort of makes me angry that it seems like everyone moved on already like nothing happened (or at least, several significant parties). I try to remember they are young, but...I don't know. Maybe I am not being objective enough.

I don't know Darcyline... I feel the same way... this is an age at which most young people see themselves as invincible -- so, to lose a friend like this would make them question that, I'd imagine... and you'd really think that simply the drama of grief would still be very present for them... at least for the girls.

I just don't understand the reaction...

Waiting impatiently for the next media input from CS/RS....

It sort of makes me angry that it seems like everyone moved on already like nothing happened (or at least, several significant parties). I try to remember they are young, but...I don't know. Maybe I am not being objective enough.

I've noticed this in lots of other cases by snooping on people's (public) FB pages and really wonder about the overall level of sensitivity of young people...I can understand continuing on with your lifestyle to a certain extent but I really don't understand posting about it as though nothing had changed in your world at all. And these are not young teenagers, where you might except a lot of denial, IMO.

It is disturbing and it would certainly deeply bother me if I were in your position. I don't get it. I give up trying to understand. You'd think she would have a modicum of decorum.

(JR keeps a cooler at his front door.)

You may have said so, but have you talked to your friend about the partying with HT before?

No I haven't, I feel strange bringing it up honestly. It's not my place to judge my friend for partying, or who she parties with. I've talked to her about the case but not in a ton of detail. She misses LS greatly and has been much more vocal about it than the others IMO.

Just keep listening, Alliecog!! You might hear something that will be relevant and worthwhile...

No I haven't, I feel strange bringing it up honestly. It's not my place to judge my friend for partying, or who she parties with. I've talked to her about the case but not in a ton of detail. She misses LS greatly and has been much more vocal about it than the others IMO.

Maybe I woke up feeling empathetic (and just heard "Stairway to Heaven" on the radio, which made me reflective), but I think some people (younger and older) party as a way to escape and not just to have fun. In other words, they party because their lives aren't fun at the moment. That obviously isn't the way to deal with things, but it can take time for people to realize that. I think you're doing a good thing by listening to your friend and helping her vocalize how she feels about LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member