GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unable to volunteer my time, but I've followed this case and it has weighed heavy on my heart so I dropped off some food for the searchers today and a dress and sunglasses for K. I know it doesn't bring her sister back, but I can't imagine how she is lost in the shuffle of all of this. I've lived in the suburbs of Toledo my entire life and I was scared driving down this street and it was broad daylight. I don't generally go off the beaten path in Toledo, so this is probably the worst neighborhood and street I've ever been on. It's amazing how I think that the main streets are "rough" but once you go into the neighborhood it's even worse. I could NOT imagine taking my children onto this road to stay for any period of time. The people that helped me unload were very gracious and offered many thanks. There were 2 tents set up. One that looked to be more family and friends and one with the Justice for Nevaeh people. Hoping to hear good news soon.

While Fred was interviewing Reese Smith of JUSTICE FOR NEVAEH, a call came in to one of the team members. The caller was a searcher talking to an alleged cellmate of AS. The woman/cellmate has since returned home.

The woman alleges that AK shared that SK murdered the baby and threw her body in the Maumee River. Ginger (Family member) was there to receive the report.

*This is all alleged at this time. I am sorry to say this is all I have at this juncture. The search is continuing throughout today and Fred will have video and commentary in a bit.

How credible is this person that was also in jail? And if AS is telling everyone that she doesn't know where the baby is why would she tell this 1 random person that she does know where the baby is (in the river) ?

I'm unable to volunteer my time, but I've followed this case and it has weighed heavy on my heart so I dropped off some food for the searchers today and a dress and sunglasses for K. I know it doesn't bring her sister back, but I can't imagine how she is lost in the shuffle of all of this. I've lived in the suburbs of Toledo my entire life and I was scared driving down this street and it was broad daylight. I don't generally go off the beaten path in Toledo, so this is probably the worst neighborhood and street I've ever been on. It's amazing how I think that the main streets are "rough" but once you go into the neighborhood it's even worse. I could NOT imagine taking my children onto this road to stay for any period of time. The people that helped me unload were very gracious and offered many thanks. There were 2 tents set up. One that looked to be more family and friends and one with the Justice for Nevaeh people. Hoping to hear good news soon.

How kind of you to think about her sister! :hug:

Did you tour the whole house or are you commenting on the one bedroom that was shown? TS (senior) said that the living room looked normal or words to that effect and then in the bedroom there were clothes piled everywhere etc. Sounds like that possibly was SK's room and all of AS stuff was there as well. In other words it was JK's house so all of SK's stuff would be contained in that one room. I just haven't heard much about the rest of the living area. Overflowed toilet (investigate that for sure) & dog poo on the floor-some people DO live that way. Remember that creepy Osbourne family? They had their own show and I believe the mother Sharon is still on tv. Little doggy piles as far as the eyes could see in a big expensive house. Just saying.

Thanks for your reply. I think a house with a toilet over flowing and mess like that says a lot about the people living there. If the mom who owns the house and has a grown son living there and his bedroom looked like that, what does that say about her?

This is some graphic sleuthing, so please move along if you find this upsetting. :hug:

Here's a link to the disposition of remains in the water: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_before_a_body_floats_after_drowning

Add to that, how fast does the river flow and where are the dams?

Just putting this out there in case there is a ring of truth to this jailhouse confession.

There are no dams between the HLB (Anthony Wayne Bridge) near where they are searching and Lake Erie.

About the Maumee...

This is a river that Great Lakes Freighters pass through.

Very muddy, dark, swift and deep in the shipping channels.

How credible is this person that was also in jail? And if AS is telling everyone that she doesn't know where the baby is why would she tell this 1 random person that she does know where the baby is (in the river) ?

I wonder if LE thought it credible enough to be the reason they are so focused on the river?

While Fred was interviewing Reese Smith of JUSTICE FOR NEVAEH, a call came in to one of the team members. The caller was a searcher talking to an alleged cellmate of AS. The woman/cellmate has since returned home.

The woman alleges that AK shared that SK murdered the baby and threw her body in the Maumee River. Ginger (Family member) was there to receive the report.

*This is all alleged at this time. I am sorry to say this is all I have at this juncture. The search is continuing throughout today and Fred will have video and commentary in a bit.

Well if SK had nothing to do with it. Maybe being acused will push him to come forward with what he knows. Hopefully this new statement will help with some movement on someone speaking up about where to find her.

This isn't the first time the 'cellmate' story has come up, but there is never an explanation of why the cellmate/cellmate's sister's friend/whatever is taking this information to the media instead of LE.

ETA: Okay, apparently she called an independent search organization, who for some reason informed the media. Which is still not LE.

Keep in mind that all the parties involved were born and reared in that neighborhood. They all went to school together and lived near one another. They all *know* every nook and cranny from the neighborhood to the river.

Some part of that river is very close to all of us where ever you are in Toledo proper. It is also known as THE MUDDY MAUMEE. It is hideously murky. It is hideously polluted in some areas. And it has a hideous undercurrent. It is not a good river to just "jump into" - and those who have been lost to it are usually found miles upstream.

PS. North End accent here.

I am leaning more towards the neighborhood. There seems to be a lot of abandoned houses and AS having no transportation but her feet I think she would know a few places to hide her baby. I am guessing a lot of those houses have similar floor plans and that she has lived in quite a few houses in that neighborhood at one time.

This isn't the first time the 'cellmate' story has come up, but there is never an explanation of why the cellmate/cellmate's sister's friend/whatever is taking this information to the media instead of LE.

ETA: Okay, apparently she called an independent search organization, who for some reason informed the media. Which is still not LE.

I think LE spoke to all of the cell mates already, LE knew before the media.

I am leaning more towards the neighborhood. There seems to be a lot of abandoned houses and AS having no transportation but her feet I think she would know a few places to hide her baby. I am guessing a lot of those houses have similar floor plans and that she has lived in quite a few houses in that neighborhood at one time.

If she was in some abandoned house, more than lithely she would've been found by now.

If she was in some abandoned house, more than lithely she would've been found by now.

One would think so but there have been cases here of missing people that were found in the home, attic, crawl space, under the porch etc weeks after they were reported. And those cases were where the missing persons lived, not 3 or 4 blocks over.

LE talked with 3 cell mates. Maybe the other 2 are still in jail?

I know FM posted that AS doesn't drive, but does that mean she really does not drive, as in know how to drive, or she doesn't have a drivers license?
If she knows how to drive, is it possible that she was able to leave the house, use the van, and return with no one knowing?

And I've wondered before did LE check her cell phone pings (& SK's)? If not, can they do it this late in the game?

I hope this new investigator can find some new info.
This whole thing stinks to Kingdom come, it's enough to jump start a puke

I'll never understand how these people such as AS somehow manage to elude investigators.

There's so many missing children out there who were in the care of a parent yet somehow they vanish into thin air. I'm talking about Caylee Anthony, Kyron Horman, Hayleigh Cummings, etc.

LE talked with 3 cell mates. Maybe the other 2 are still in jail?

Probably. I guess I just don't know who to believe. The people currently in jail with her aren't exactly upstanding citizens. She is actually in the same jail as Amanda Bacon, who threw and killed her baby as well as the girl from East Toledo that put her baby in a freezer. I know there are other inmates with changes that are not as horrible as the previously mentioned but I still question an inmates motive. Will they want something in return for speaking? Will they say anything to get a shortened sentence? Just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46