CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bern, glad to see you here. I know, its another heartbreaker with horrific details but I sure am glad for your input on this one.

hmm? I hadn't heard anything about any trial period. your info may be more updated than mine if that's the case. I have just been well trained from my years on this site that scanner chatter is a no no here (upstairs). LOL I am a mod suckup insofaras I have no wish for a timeout. Been there once, don't want to go back. Can't live without my WS :)

If my info is outdated or incorrect, my apologies for confusion caused.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8451114"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8[/ame]

There is the change allowed for now- hope this helps!

well as one who grew up in a super duper religious home with parents in the ministry and having the bible shoved down my throat and me being demanded to believe every single little word in the bible - or else.....

this adult years later has a real real problem with ANYONE bringing jesus or god into this.

oh, i know all the christian answers about free will and all of that.....but the fact that our children ARE NOT SAFE in this world makes that bible shoved down my throat create a constant gag reflex and non stop dry heaving.

bringing jesus and god into a memorial service for a destroyed murdered child is the definition of ironic and is madening.....IMO. ugh. i could go on and on......

im truly sorry if this is OT and i dont intend to offend anyone at all...just wanted to respond to that post. this is something that really really bothers me based on my own super duper religious upbringing.....

Sorry for your experience prima, I had something similar with a zealous, yet controlling relative as well, but I can only blame him and not God. JMO

I don't find him in OTIS http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2.aspx and if he has been "good" for 3 years after end of parole/probation they remove the entry. (Too hard to get a job with an entry in OTIS!)

He is not listed as being incarcerated Wayne or Oakland County jails. His 11811 S Telegraph Rd. address in Taylor is the Ambassador Motel in Wayne County.

You can find him here
http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/
Which is the Mi sex offender registry

According to it, not currently incarcerated. He's compliant with the registry, last verification date, 7/12, with Mi address and Mi work address.

hmm? I hadn't heard anything about any trial period. your info may be more updated than mine if that's the case. I have just been well trained from my years on this site that scanner chatter is a no no here (upstairs). LOL I am a mod suckup insofaras I have no wish for a timeout. Been there once, don't want to go back. Can't live without my WS :)

If my info is outdated or incorrect, my apologies for confusion caused.

I think we are in a "trial period"as well. I think it was decided a couple of threads ago?

:blushing: Thank you Tlcox, your input is awesome so I take that as a huge compliment.

She was last seen by her mother as Jessica left their residence to meet with friends for the walk to school.

That's just semantics. She had to WALK to meet her friends and that's on the way to the school. Once her mother saw her leave the residence she was walking to school. She wasn't going to Starbucks. She wasn't raking leaves. She was walking to school once she crossed the threshold and stepped outside.

And was it friends or a friend? I've only heard the one boy mentioned.

Found something interesting, it makes me wonder if a serial killer changed his MO to gain the attention of authorities, kind of like a taunt to say Ahhh hahhh, still alive, catch me if ya can, later cop. Could the killer of Jessica be an old serial killer that's still at large, maybe that he changed his MO bc he's old so its easier for him to kill a young girl rather than an older female? Could a serial killer have seen this article and decided to have a thrill kill to taunt investigators? How ironic that Jessica is kidnapped & killed a month after this article is printed.

http://www.denverpost.com/serialkil...-serial-killers-worked-denver-streets-from-75

Serial killers worked Denver streets from '75 to '95, police say
POSTED: 09/02/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT
UPDATED: 09/04/2012 09:51:24 AM MDT
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post

Snipped:
Between 1975 and 1995, dozens of young women were snatched off Denver-area streets, killed and dumped along rural roads, a crime spree that includes 38 unsolved murders that cold-case detectives believe may have been victims of a serial killer — or killers.

Snipped:
The work is driven by a simple belief: that as many as a half-dozen serial killers stalked Denver-area streets for more than two decades.

Snipped:
"Sexual assault, strangulation and a desire to shock police were elements that drove the killer," said Marv Brandt, a cold-case investigator for the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office. "That person might be 60, still capable of finding more victims."

Omg, this could fit in with the theories that Jessica's killer used street names to taunt LE. Alpha and something else, and also the town of Superior. The placement of the Backpack. Could be why LE seems to think he may strike again. The article could have triggered "old feelings" and he wanted to prove he was still very capable. Its interesting at least. IMO

I told myself I was not going to follow one of these horrible cases again, but here I am.

Just started reading today, so not really up to speed. Most cases where victims are dismembered the reason is because they can't carry the victim or to get rid of the identity of the victim ie: hands and head. But if you want to get rid of DNA, you burn the body. I read enough, if true, that he wanted to do both. But why not burn the body? Is it because he did this in a place that starting a fire would have drawn too much attention? Like if he killed her in his home and now he has to get rid of the body and DNA. Why not bleach? I do feel he was a hunter, because of one thing I read. I am not posting it here, just too crude and don't want anyone having this image. But I would bet he lives near by, hunts, single, not many friends and a loner. Way under the radar too. It takes a certain kind of person to do this, and this guy has no remorse, no guilt, and a really hard stomach. Psychopath for sure.

I think a fire would have drawn immediate attention. Everyone around here is on super high alert for fires. Even though the statewide burn ban has been lifted, we have had our own community burn ban after it was lifted. But it was cold and snowy the day she was abducted. But then again today we are back on fire alert because of the winds. And there was/is also a fire in Estes Park that happened a few days after her abduction that they seem to think is suspicious. But anyway a fire would yes draw quite a bit of attention, I think.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/06/searches-continue-for-girl-who-went-missing-friday/

The first newspaper story came out on Saturday where they report Jessica left her house to meet with a group of friends at the park.

Considering LE wasn't notified until a whole business day had gone by that Jessica was missing, the perp had a huge head start.

Then, considering it was a weekend and the school employees and students weren't interviewed until ?????, there's the second hindrance to the investigation. I believe the first call from the school was made at 10AM, so Jessica clearly hadn't made it into her classroom.

Confusion entered into the picture when LE began conducting interviews.

I have changed my post #226 to remove the outdated info regarding scanner chatter. Thanks to all those who corrected me. Man, I knew these threads were flying fast but sheesh, I totally missed the edict on allowing a trial period!

All the news conferences are still accessible on KCTV5.com's site. What are you looking for and maybe I can help?

Where the spokesman said that the guy was "very good at what he does" as far as dismemberment. I'm sorry, I don't have the stomach ( or the patience, ADHD here lol) to watch all those pressers over again.

PS Also something that jumped out at me was him saying something akin to "those who saw the helicopter footage know that all the remains weren't there."

I am guessing he is single but divorced, hates women, maybe has elementary child of his own - shares custody, and drives into the area almost daily and lives in neighboring town. No wife at home, as mentioned above, only his child occasionally, rotates weekends at work, possibly drives company van with logo, otherwise Jessica's body could stay in that van indefinitely, without remains being so close to her town. Probably has his own house. Maybe threw backpack out on the way back into her town to work or pick friend or family member up there....

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/06/searches-continue-for-girl-who-went-missing-friday/

The first newspaper story came out on Saturday where they report Jessica left her house to meet with a group of friends at the park.

Considering LE wasn't notified until a whole business day had gone by that Jessica was missing, the perp had a huge head start.

Then, considering it was a weekend and the school employees and students weren't interviewed until ?????, there's the second hindrance to the investigation. I believe the first call from the school was made at 10AM, so Jessica clearly hadn't made it into her classroom.

Confusion entered into the picture when LE began conducting interviews.

I can't get it out of my head whether things might have turned out differently if the school had reached the family when they called that morning. I know it's useless to wonder "what if". I try to tell myself it was most likely already too late...

Downtown Denver would be about 15 miles from where her body was found, Westminster a little bit closer. Actually a lot of the suburbs pretty much "blend into" Denver and each other, so it isn't like there are clear boundaries between suburbs.

Very true. The longest street in the US is here and it runs through every Denver suburb. There are several other streets that connect suburbs to each other as well. The city's freeway system is laid out in almost a wagon wheel and the streets are almost all grid-patterned, so even when there is a community sign indicating that you are entering a new suburb, the transition is seamless.

I wonder if a lot of the details are being kept quiet because they match some of these other cases. (although they can be kept quiet just to protect the case. It just seems unusually quiet).

I do too. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I have the impression that they have some ideas as to who it might and are cautiously waiting to gather enough evidence.

That's just semantics. She had to WALK to meet her friends and that's on the way to the school. Once her mother saw her leave the residence she was walking to school. She wasn't going to Starbucks. She wasn't raking leaves. She was walking to school once she crossed the threshold and stepped outside.

And was it friends or a friend? I've only heard the one boy mentioned.

DeAnn, the post of mine that you quoted and questioned was in response to a question about the wording used and was posed by member, JohnSands. It was not meant to nit pick, debate semantics or start a kerfluffle. It was in response to another person's question.

You are correct, it is indeed semantics.

If you had a child that was abducted and brutally murdered, then you could have a memorial to her in any way you pleased....ways that comforted you and held memories of her. Jessica was not our daughter, so we don't get to choose how to memorialize her. Obviously, her family is a family of faith and these statements bring them comfort, and even though we have all been touched by Jessica, they are the ones that are feeling the most sorrow and need the most comforting. I think it is disrespectful to them in their time of sorrow to attack their belief system. I know you said you didn't mean it that way, but we need to be mindful of the family's pain right now and not lash out with our own beliefs and thought processes.

My heart goes out to them, even if they envisioned little Jessica with unicorns and pots of gold.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I totally agree. So much has been taken from them, I'm sure they are clinging to their faith right now.

I came across a lot of this info when I was looking into some stuff as well. I wonder the same thing. Some killers have children and go into quiet periods as their children grow up. I think I speculated that perhaps this perp was recently divorced and that triggered something, either re-triggered or initially. I wonder if a lot of the details are being kept quiet because they match some of these other cases. (although they can be kept quiet just to protect the case. It just seems unusually quiet).

BTK had a long period off didn't he? And if I recall correctly wasn't there some "story" in the local newspapers about him when he resurfaced quite a time later? Or am I misrecalling?

Just seems interesting that this story was in the Denver Post in September; have to wonder if a sleeping giant was awakened by the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆