CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading court records and notes correctly, this accounting hearing was rescheduled from 3/26 to 5/7 because required bank statements through 5/31/11 for accounting period were not submitted. On 5/3, daughters PB and RB filed a supplement, but it still did not include the required bank statements through 5/31/11. So the hearing was rescheduled from 5/7 to 6/4. There seems to be a question regarding attorney's fee as well.

Harrod – Conservatorship
30-2009-00291267-pr-ce-ljc

Snipped from probate notes:

REQUIRES ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENTS FOR EDWARD JONES THROUGH THE ACCOUNT PERIOD OF 5/31/11, AS STATEMENTS PROVIDED ARE ONLY THOUGH 5/27/11. SUPPL FILED 5/3/12 INCLUDES HARROD FAMILY TRUST/ LIVING TRUST/ CONSERVATORSHIP FOR 2012. BANK STATEMENTS WHICH WERE NOT ASKED FOR, NEED CONSERVATORSHIP BANK STATEMENTS THROUGH 5/31/11. STATEMENT PROVIDED WERE FROM 1/28 - 2/24/12 WHICH ARE NOT WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ACCOUNTING.

REQUIRES VERIFIED SUPPLEMENT TO CLARIFY TIME PERIOD OF FEES BEING REQUESTED AS DECLARATION FILED 5/3/12 ALLEGES 7/31/10 - 7/22/11, HOWEVER DETAIL STARTS WITH 7/31/09.

COURT TO DETERMINE ATTORNEY'S FEE OF $14,257.50 MINUS PAYMENT $3,650.12= BALANCE UNPAID OF $10,607.38 BASED ON 53.25 hours BROKEN DOWN TO 37.4 HOURS AT $300, AND 15.85 HOURS AT $150. PLUS ADD'L 2.5 HOURS AT $300 RE: APPEARANCE AND PREP OF ORDER. (7/31/10 - 7/22/11)

https://ocapps.occourts.org/probpubv2/home.do

https://cfapps.occourts.org/calenda...esv3/30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJCM71472496.html

Court Monday. I wonder if they'll finally provide the court ordered accounting. If past behavior is indicative of future behavior, I won't be holding my breath.

You would have been 84 today. I like to think of you hand in hand with Fontelle, uncovering the surprises of the day.

For some reason, Dylan Thomas springs to mind-

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

http://www.poets.org/tellafriend.php/prmURL/^^^viewmedia.php^prmMID^15377 Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Thanks believe .

We should enjoy the Golden Years, relax & enjoy the fruits of our labor. Mr H was deprived of that. He & Fontelle missed their chance to live out their fairy tale.

And the people who should have been celebrating his birthday with them, do not even care about anything but his money.

Yes, thank you believe.

My heart is heavy this morning thinking of all the joyful surprise Mr and Mrs Harrod should have discovered together the last 3 years.

And to think it was all taken away, due to greed. It's almost unimaginable, but here it is a very sad reality.

Oh how I wish Mr. Harrod was here today to celebrate his birthday. How nice it would be to have had the opportunity to sing, Stolat.

Instead, the truth is yet to be fully uncovered and justice waits.... :cry:

Happy Birthday Mr. Harrod. May Fontelle find the peace of knowing where you are and what happened to you some day. You deserve to be brought home Mr. H. You deserve the dignity that so far you have been deprived. I will be thinking about you today; and praying for answers to come to those that seek them.

Bumping this thread back to page one. I have nothing to add except to say I read here every time there is an update. Keep up the great sleuthing, please. Justice for M/M Harrod.

I've posted before that Bob's case caught my eye when someone mentioned it in another post on WS and then I realised Bob was exactly one week older than my own father.

I think about how my father will probably spend his birthday. He'll get up in the morning, hit the gym just after the morning rush (I'm not sure if it will be his weights or cardio day), putter around on the computer for a few hours, take a nap, then spend the evening with my sister's family.

A quiet, dignified day for a quiet, dignified man.

Bob deserved the same but that is no longer possible.

I truly believe that memorials are for the living and that there are several people associated with Bob who cannot grieve properly because they know his remains have not been treated respectfully.

I strongly suspect that there is at least one and perhaps more than one blood relative who is carrying a secret burden. That burden will not be relieved until Bob's remains have been dealt with respectfully.

Fear of the unknown is terrible. A very wise woman once told me "fear is the worst type of pain there is." Revealing what really happened to Bob will undoubtedly change many lives in ways that are unpredictable and hence frightening. It's very possible that the justice system will be involved.

But living in fear is worse. And living with a terrible burden on one's conscience is worse.

Set yourself free.

Bumping this thread back to page one. I have nothing to add except to say I read here every time there is an update. Keep up the great sleuthing, please. Justice for M/M Harrod.

I am with you, Opie....now that I know Mr. Harrod's story, I always read the updates on this thread. I have not given up hope for the truth. Praying peace for the innocent.....conviction for the guilty....rest for the weary.

I just hope that someone will crack and spill the truth. What's that old Benjamin Franklin quote?

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

I love all of these warm thoughts being expressed by strangers here for Bob. It is so kind. I hope Mrs Harrod knows that there are folks willing to walk some of these steps with her and willing to wait for justice with her.

Tomorrow is another nonsense hearing that could have been avoided with some efficiency on the part of the co conservators counsel-jmo. It will be interesting to know if the docs are ever actually filed and if the court approves the money being requested from Bob's trusts to pay the counsel.

Another observation fwiw-does anyone really believe that the tab these two atty's have racked up is under 20K? It would also be interesting to know the cumulative bill over the last almost three years and who paid for it. We know it was paid for by Bob. Bob's money is being used to pay for atty's who choose to drag out mandatory filings thereby running up their collective fees.

Praying peace for the innocent.....conviction for the guilty....rest for the weary.

Respectfully snipped. What a lovely thought. Count me in as one who is also praying for peace for the innocent....conviction for the guilty....rest for the weary.

Thank you all who continue to pray for this special man and walk the walk for the truth and justice for Mr. Harrod.

It warms my heart to know there are so many loving strangers to this wonderful man who will continue to fight the fight to ensure he receives the dignity and justice he deserves.

I am going to take a page out of someone elses playbook today-there was a post on ROTW this morning which purportedly was an attempt to out posters on the www in regards to Bob's case. Here it is:
http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthr ... club/page4
Today, 08:43 AM #40
Jules
Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Jules's Avatar
Join Date Jan 2012
Location Running Springs
Posts 3,324

Rep Power 4

There are a pack of arm chair idiots many IPs posting slanderous comments about our father:
It struck a nerve as we know where they are posting from...
Many posters from Chittango, New York and various addresses in New York; various addresses in New Jersey as well as Glendale Heights, Illinois, Vermont, Florida, Missouri, Kansas, southern states, Calgary Canada and other places as well I will not divulge; so with that said, you want to discuss New York I get miffed in a big way you will never imagine in your entire life time how it feels for our family to be defamed by people that have never met you when you have a loved family member missing.

There that is one agitation that is out, I am done with that, I don't read what they post as this is their entire life; they sit on their arses all day and bad mouth every person that has a missing family member.

Most of whom are hired from a tiny little shaved red headed idiot attorney who talks loud and through is nose in Pasadena who's claim to fame was the Moe the Chimp case. I am now laughing at how ridiculous this sounds, but we know it is true.

Last edited by Jules; Today at 08:47 AM
There are a few things that get to me about this post- one is that the only slander I have seen regarding Bob is coming from the postings of his children and the people they associate with online. Secondly, if the rant about the IP addys has it's basis in reality, then someone is providing the IP addresses of people who view ROTW to one of it's posters. Well I find that kind of disturbing.

I have looked at the ROTW TOS, and there are a number of violations going on here. I wonder what will be enough to have them take action against such blatant bullying and hostility?

I am going to take a page out of someone elses playbook today-there was a post on ROTW this morning which purportedly was an attempt to out posters on the www in regards to Bob's case. Here it is:
There are a few things that get to me about this post- one is that the only slander I have seen regarding Bob is coming from the postings of his children and the people they associate with online. Secondly, if the rant about the IP addy's has it's basis in reality, then someone is providing the IP addresses of people who view ROTW to one of it's posters. Well I find that kind of disturbing.

I have looked at the ROTW TOS, and there are a number of violations going on here. I wonder what will be enough to have them take action against such blatant bullying and hostility?

Unbelievable!!!! The ONLY slanderous comments were made by the daughters! Total strangers made nothing but supportive and caring comments! I just have to shake my head....

I guess I think that people should know there are boards out there where admin (presumably) will provide IP addresses to non staff. Clearly it is an attempt to chase away anyone who might be interested in this case. Clearly and blatantly this is an attempt to intimidate.

Wow. Word to the wise to those who are members I guess.

I guess I think that people should know there are boards out there where admin (presumably) will provide IP addresses to non staff. Clearly it is an attempt to chase away anyone who might be interested in this case. Clearly and blatantly this is an attempt to intimidate.

Wow. Word to the wise to those who are members I guess.

I think it is 'blowing smoke'. I'm from Ohio and I wasn't mentioned :waitasec:!

Wonder how much posting and searching would have happened over the last 3 years had Bob Harrod been a puppy instead of a recently married widower.

JMO! JMO! JMO!

I think it is 'blowing smoke'. I'm from Ohio and I wasn't mentioned :waitasec:!

Wonder how much posting and searching would have happened over the last 3 years had Bob Harrod been a puppy instead of a recently married widower.

JMO! JMO! JMO!

:floorlaugh:

Holy cow that was funny.

FWIW, one of the many reasons I like this board is that posts which bash the victim are pulled. It just isnt done. Bob is the victim, his wife is clearly collateral damage imvho.

Quote:
http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthr ... club/page4
Today, 08:43 AM #40
Jules
Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Jules's Avatar
Join Date Jan 2012
Location Running Springs
Posts 3,324

Rep Power 4

There are a pack of arm chair idiots many IPs posting slanderous comments about our father:
It struck a nerve as we know where they are posting from...
Many posters from Chittango, New York and various addresses in New York; various addresses in New Jersey as well as Glendale Heights, Illinois, Vermont, Florida, Missouri, Kansas, southern states, Calgary Canada and other places as well I will not divulge; so with that said, you want to discuss New York I get miffed in a big way you will never imagine in your entire life time how it feels for our family to be defamed by people that have never met you when you have a loved family member missing.

There that is one agitation that is out, I am done with that, I don't read what they post as this is their entire life; they sit on their arses all day and bad mouth every person that has a missing family member.

Most of whom are hired from a tiny little shaved red headed idiot attorney who talks loud and through is nose in Pasadena who's claim to fame was the Moe the Chimp case. I am now laughing at how ridiculous this sounds, but we know it is true.

Last edited by Jules; Today at 08:47 AM

There are a few things that get to me about this post- one is that the only slander I have seen regarding Bob is coming from the postings of his children and the people they associate with online. Secondly, if the rant about the IP addys has it's basis in reality, then someone is providing the IP addresses of people who view ROTW to one of it's posters. Well I find that kind of disturbing.

Well, what am I, chopped liver? She didn't see fit to mention my location.

Of course, when surfing a forum run by people of questionable ethics, I use TOR. For awhile, for such expeditions, I "appeared" to be from Croatia but that got too slow, so I think I was probably from Norway or maybe Denmark on those tourist trips.

The reason I am cautious and use TOR for tourist trips to questionable WWW destinations is that a friend of mine had a stalker who got her personal information from the webmaster of a certain web forum. My friend finally had to get ROs in three states to scare the stalker off.

The only reason the ROs worked was because the stalker is a woman whose ex-husband has custody of their daughter (a good thing, I think). The stalker's attorney finally managed to explain to the stalker that ROs did not look good to the judge as she tried to wrest custody from her ex-husband.

Since I'm not a hired gun for any attorney (although hey, I'm always willing to sell out!), I figure a little elementary precaution with TOR is a good idea. Why even put temptation into the hands of someone who doesn't apparently enforce the TOS of their own forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77