Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at most of the latest UK and Portuguese newspapers here are the latest allegations/rumours/truths/untruths (who knows any more?):

Sergey Malinka:

Former work colleagues of Malinka have been quoted (anonymously) as saying that he twice 'boasted' about having sex with underage girls, one was 14, the other, the daughter of his girlfriend, was 16.

UK Telegraph - "The focus of the investigation, 16 days after Madeleine's disappearance, has returned to the Russian computer expert Sergey Malinka and his links with Robert Murat, the only formal suspect.

Detectives have reportedly discovered that Mr Murat telephoned Mr Malinka on his mobile at 11.40pm on the night the four-year-old disappeared.

Police sources claim there had been a series of calls between the pair that day despite Mr Malinka allegedly claiming they hardly know each other.

They were also seen talking in an "animated" fashion by surveillance officers following Mr Murat in the days after Madeleine's kidnap, sources said.

In interviews with three different journalists in the past week, Mr Malinka's story has allegedly changed. He is said to have told one reporter, hours before he was detained, that he had not seen Mr Murat for three months. In another interview after he was released by police he reportedly said he had not spoken to Mr Murat for "around a year".

Murat:

Several newspapers have reported that the search of Murat's mother's home produced no forensic evidence linking him to the abduction.

A Portuguese newspaper alleged that Murat contacted several of his friends asking them to give him an alibi for the night Madeleine went missing.

Murat was reported to police two days after the abduction by a care hire company who became suspicious when he contacted them requesting a car as quickly as possible (could he have been this dumb?). He hired the car from the Saturday to the Tuesday, but a friend of his explained that he did so "because his mother was using their one vehicle to transport tables for a stall appealing for information about Madeleine".

There have been several reported sightings of Madeline, one in Greece, another in Morocco, but they have so far come to nothing.

There are also rumors the Russian may have some type of sex offense in his past.

Just to clarify, the general consensus in the media here is that that allegation, first made by a Portuguese newspaper, is false. There had been rumours going around for a few days that the police were looking for a 'violent Russian child sex offender', so when Malinka, also Russian, was taken in for questioning the assumption was made that he was the offender. So far, it seems, Malinka's record is clean, as he insisted. He applied for and was granted Portuguese residency, which he would not (or should not??) have received if he had a criminal record.

She must be so scared. Where are you Maddie??

The really horrible thing about all these child abduction cases is that you pray the first couple of days that, maybe, some crazy woman has taken the child and is looking after it, but as the days go on you almost begin to hope the child is no longer with us because you cannot bear to imagine what it might be enduring if it is still alive. They're just my thoughts, and I'm a complete stranger - I can't begin to imagine what thoughts are going through the minds of Madeleine's parents. It truly is hellish.

I hope this hasn't already been posted... I haven't read all of the posts.

Madeleine McCann Report: Pedophile Sex Ring Now Focus Of Hunt
By Mitch Marconi
May 18, 2007

Madeleine McCann Mystery - Madeleine McCann may have been abducted "to order" by an international pedophile network, according to reports from the U.K. Portuguese police are reportedly now working on that assumption after narrowing the focus of their six-day investigation. A range of other possibilities, including the theory that Madeleine could have walked out of her Algarve hotel room by herself or was kidnapped for adoption, have now discounted by detectives, Portuguese newspapers have report.

More at link:
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21281573.shtml

The really horrible thing about all these child abduction cases is that you pray the first couple of days that, maybe, some crazy woman has taken the child and is looking after it, but as the days go on you almost begin to hope the child is no longer with us because you cannot bear to imagine what it might be enduring if it is still alive. They're just my thoughts, and I'm a complete stranger - I can't begin to imagine what thoughts are going through the minds of Madeleine's parents. It truly is hellish.

I totally AGREE with you Ireland! I have read so many cases and I could NEVER imagine what some of those children and families have gone thru. All I can do is pray and hope! God bless them all!

I hope the parents were taking lots of photos and video. I trust the police are looking at everything and everyone in the background. I hope other guests at the resort are also giving their photos and videos to police.

How horrible to know this family was stalked for some time before the child was even taken.

Sadly the facts show that if a child is abducted by a stranger they are murdered within the FIRST 3 HOURS!

Elizabeth Smart, Ben Owmby and Shawn Hornbeck, Shasta Groene - SURVIVORS. I hope we can soon add Madeleine McCann to that list. With the whole world watching, what a time for God to give another miracle.

Just heard something on Greta about conversations between Murat and a Sergei (sp) guy. Missed most but the gist was a possibility of child kidnapping of international proportions. I hope someone heard more of this than me as it seemed evil.

Please report what was said if you were watching.
i knew i shoulda watched greta tonight. pooh missed it.

this is a bit OT, but they kidnap kids and they kidnap adults. about a month ago i was reading a murder mystery that included info about how the russian mob is quite a presence in florida and, as in other countries, girls are given job opportunities everything from waiterss to governess, but theyre kidnapped and held for years, often killed, transferred if they dont "behave," etc. anyway, i remember being horrified that their "owners" can make an average of $30,000 per month per girl. of course, a toddler like that ... well ...

filthy. disgusting. evil.

Elizabeth Smart, Ben Owmby and Shawn Hornbeck, Shasta Groene - SURVIVORS. I hope we can soon add Madeleine McCann to that list. With the whole world watching, what a time for God to give another miracle.
I too hope that Maddie's name appears with these other children as a survivor... Shawn Hornbeck proved that 'miracles' do happen, as did brave Shasta.

You're so right...I can hardly imagine what she is going through if she is alive...I almost want to stay away, but I keep coming back on the small hope that she has been found. I would gladly take her place if I could.

I hope so!

I really HOPE and PRAY that she is a survivor! God how I pray she is!!

Edited to add, go right ahead and call me sanctimonious. However, until you have children of your own, you honestly don't have the experience for it to mean anything to me.

no way, jeana .... youve got the common sense on your side .... i think sometimes parents take their children for granted, without really meaning to .... i once babysat for my niece and nephew while my brother and his wife went to dinner. they told me to walk the kids (at that time 4 and 6 years old) to a local park to play for a while after dinner, but i was waaaaaaay to cautious to do that.

i had just heard a seminar in which the franklin s&l scandal guy was arrested for kidnappying kids "to order" and flying them around the country for sex parties. my niece and nephew were both rambunctious and i knew for a fact i would not be able to keep them together under my eye if we were in a park.

i ended up taking them to a blockbuster, where my niece was climbing up and down shelves like a sherpa, and my nephew was running up and down aisles, stopping to read whatever he could on the spines of the rental video boxes .... but at least they were contained within the four walls. i was a nervous wreck trying to keep my eye on both of them, and by the time we drove home, i was exhausted.

I don't know how LE there can discount anything at this point. It sounds like they are ruling out this and that and are now focused on the mob kidnapping little kids...but they have no way of knowing who took that little girl. There is nothing pointing anywhere. I'm just afraid that they will get focused in one direction and that isn't where she is. I hope they have enough people on this case that they are looking at the big picture and have LE working on several angles.

I wonder what the Russian had to say when LE confronted him about his different storys? Why do people lie especially about phone calls that they know can be tracked down? That doesn't make sense. I wonder if he lied to LE as well as the newspapers. It does seem strange that the two guys had several phone calls the day Maddy disappeared but then it could mean nothing too. I'm curious about the car rental and why the need to get one right away...if he had two cars at home. Maybe he didn't and the paper got that wrong too. The family must have cleared up the borrowing Murets car to go put up posters as LE was going to question them about that. It must have been true as there hasn't been anything new about that. If this man is guilty I hope he is found out but if he was just trying to be helpful as he has a little girl Maddie's age and would understand the pain the family was in then it is a shame that his name has been put out there as a suspect when there really is no proof that he did anything wrong. Innocent people have been ruined like this.

She wouldn't BE missing if her parents didn't serve her up to the perp on a silver platter.

What an extraordinary thing to say. I can't begin to describe my contempt for that statement, you should be ashamed.

That statement is a couple days old. Perhaps they don't even feel so strongly anymore. We have had a good discussion about statements like that since then.

My 19-year old sister was taken in the middle of the night from my mother's house. She was missing for ELEVEN YEARS before her remains were found. No one was ever arrested for her murder. My mother never forgave herself for not hearing anyone breaking into her house the night my sister disappeared, even though she was at home.

I have some idea about what this famlily is going through.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I also have seen first hand the reasons why you don't leave your children alone ANY PLACE - EVER. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I want nothing more than this little girl to get home to her parents. I seriously doubt that its going to be a happy ending to this story. I'm sure they'll be more diligent with the next two children though.

Jeana, I had no idea that you went through a horrible situation like this with your sister. I hope the person responsible was dealt justice.

In this day and age, it truly surprises me that adults are willing to take risks with their children like these parents did. ANYTHING could have happened to their children while they were out dining. The 4 yr old could have decided to take a bath in the tub by herself and drowned. One of the twins could have climbed out of their crib and hit their head. Let alone creepy pervs lurking around watching for children that aren't being watched by their parents.

Of course I feel sorry for the parents. I can barely read this thread or watch the news because I can't stand the thought of what might be happening (or might have happened) to this little girl as we comment. I do think this is parental negligence at its worst though.

I hope this sad, sad crime helps others realize what just might happen if we aren't more cautious with the most precious gifts of all, our children.

Dear Lord, I pray that Maddie is returned safely and swiftly to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88