GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

Can we merge the two threads for her? Would it also be possible to get some more exposure here somehow?

That poor baby girl! I was just coming here to add the info.

Yes, I can't believe they released that photo, but if it helps solve the case, hey whatever it takes.

Does anyone know if that metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy?

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/evidence-in-tinsley-cold-case-released-dbl

Mods, pretty please, can we get some more exposure on this case?

I wasn't very clear in my above post on what I was freaking out about so clarifying here-sorry!
I don't mind them releasing the photo if it helps solve the case by all means yes, do so. The thing that concerned me was if it is on the front page of the JG print version (I don't know if it is as I only saw the website info.-I think my sister gets the daily JG as she lives in Ft. Wayne-I could call her and ask)
I wouldn't want a child looking at it and asking what it is!

I believe the metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy. I confess I was curious and did some Googling and learned some things about last century's sex toys! :blushing:

I don't mind them releasing the photo if it helps solve the case by all means yes, do so. The thing that concerned me was if it is on the front page of the JG print version (I don't know if it is as I only saw the website info.-I think my sister gets the daily JG as she lives in Ft. Wayne-I could call her and ask)
I wouldn't want a child looking at it and asking what it is!

I believe the metal piece on the end of the toy is part of the toy. I confess I was curious and did some Googling and learned some things about last century's sex toys! :blushing:

Wow, I didn't see it on the JG site. (I just looked at it is there) I wonder if it is in the paper also or just on the website. Anyway, hmmm..

So it appears that toy must attach to something else? I would think that might make it even more rare than the average toy.

the article said the 'toy' was a hand-crank so I would assume the metal part 'cranks'

ugh, whatever that means and I hated typing it

the article said the 'toy' was a hand-crank so I would assume the metal part 'cranks'

ugh, whatever that means and I hated typing it

ugh is right! I don't know what that would mean either. I though maybe it attached to another device and may be more rare.

This case frustrates me so much because it is cold and if we had the tech now that we didn't have then, maybe it would have been solved.

I live in Fort Wayne and saw the headlines in JG this morning. My mouth flew open when I saw the pic of the toy. That poor child. I was always a little doubtful that the notes were by the actual Perp until I realized he'd actually baited le with his Dna. How I wish they would get this guy.

I found the toy on ebay, they are calling it a classic squirmy rooter. They are listed under the adult only section. It is a hand crank devise. ugh....

This link http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120821/NEWS/320108405/1005/NEWS09 was posted above i just wanted to note this fact from it

They were able to track the Polaroid film he used to snap a picture of himself to a batch made in 2003 and stored in a New Jersey warehouse until the fall of 2004.

They must have reached a dead end at the warehouse with the film? It doesn't seem like much polaroid film would have been being sold in 2003-04. I wish I knew why there wasn't a paper trail from the warehouse on the purchase of the film. Was any shipped to Fort Wayne or the surrounding area?

Regarding the sex toy found near the body........I understand why investigators hold back certain information from the public, but I would think that someone might have recognized this toy if this picture had been released to the public nearly a quarter century ago. Who knows if someone will remember it today, or if that person is even alive today?

On the other hand, I understand that the internet really wasn't around in 1988, and local newspapers aren't really apt to publish a picture of a cranking wooden dildo on the front page of their publication in 2012, much less in 1988. (Can't believe I just typed that sentence.)

And how do they not know if this device was used on poor April? No DNA testing on it? I don't really feel like this investigation has been conducted very well. I don't think this sicko is some evil genius. I think he's probably pretty stupid, actually.

Interesting that they think two men might have abducted April...........

I'd like to see whatever part of the masturbating photos they can release to the public now. Maybe someone can recognize his legs. Who knows? After 24 years, almost anything is worth a shot at this point.

And can't Indiana pass a law that requires convicted sex offenders to submit their DNA to the authorities? (even those already released from prison) I don't know. Maybe that wouldn't pass Constitutional muster?

Just my current random thoughts on this troubling case..

Yes, I completely agree! Law enforcement needs to release more info to the general republic if they want to solve these cases. We don't need to worry about what society would think if they saw a pic of a sex toy, we need to make sure that society is protected from further harm by these psychopaths.

I found the toy on ebay, they are calling it a classic squirmy rooter. They are listed under the adult only section. It is a hand crank devise. ugh....

I saw the same thing and thought the same thing too!

What a that monster is. I think they released the toy info to try and get the perp to make contact again.

Please remember to watch AMW tonight where Aprils case will be discussed again.

This monster committed this crime in 1988. He brutally held her for days, raped and murdered her. He also came back later, the last being in 2004, taunting the PD by leaving notes with his DNA from condoms in bicycle baskets and mail boxes around the area she was abducted and killed. The notes were threatening other little girls that they would be next. They do believe this freak is still alive and living in the area. His DNA is not in CODIS. It is hard to believe that he hasn't hurt other children since 1988. Aprils father Michael, has formed a petition (bless his heart), please read it and consider signing it. Here is the link: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/aprils-law.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back