IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about 2 different photos from videos.

LE stated that the photos of murder man were stills taken from a video.

A few posts back, someone said they thought the circle on the snapchat photo of Abby meant it was a video. Westcoast was helping to clarify that the circle is a timer, it does not indicate photo or video. Police definitely did not say that Abby's photo on Snapchat was from a video.

Does that make sense? Thanks for the help, y'all! This is all a whole lot to juggle. Teams help! :)

Okay, yes minor confusion. I was replying to someone who had said that the screengrab of Abigail was for sure a video, which got some other theories going about the still of the suspect being from that same video.

Kind of o/t, but re another 2 victim crime..

The 2 little Amish girls just popped in my mind as I was dozing off (I closed my eyes for a sec because they were blurring and hurting from staring at the screen). Their perps were arrested, and he did let them go, totally different but food for that as far as anything we could have learned from there...? Thinking out loud...

ETA: For those unfamiliar with their case, they were 2 siblings abducted from the fruit stand where they were working. And the wife helped, iirc, I think the motive was child *advertiser censored* iirc. Poor sweeties.

eta: ok I think I thought of a parallel, possibility of participation in child *advertiser censored*...

Wow.

Only one if the girls had a phone.

LE has not stated if it has been recovered.

However, LE DID say, in a bulletin that was meant to be released to other LE agencies and not necessarily the public, that the photo came from a video camera in the area.

I can't imagine why LE would lie about it in a bulletin to other LE but I guess my common sense meter is faulty.

LE stated that there was a security camera in the area but did not release the location.

I understand trail cams. I don't think it was set off by anyone on the bridge but by a person or animal much closer to its location. Yes, I think LE got really lucky.That's why the photos are of such poor quality as they had to be blown up considerably.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Well if LE has a missing report from the popular hiking destination and knows of a security camera pretty sure it would of been accessed and came to light the night of unless of course nobody cared or still waiting on the film to be developed seeing as we only have 2 still images but we have security cam footage lol.

If it was from the witness who made a statement... Word would be out already.

And if it truly was from a security cam it would be out already as well.

Time will tell

Hey guys I'm behind again so I don't know if there has been discussion about this article: http://ktla.com/2017/02/19/suspect-identified-in-killing-of-indiana-girls-found-on-hiking-trail/

This is said in it "Investigators have identified a suspect in the deaths of two teens who went missing during a hike, Indiana State Police said Sunday."

And then this: "Police on Wednesday released a photo of a man seen near Delphi Historic Trail around the time the teens were there. They did not call him a suspect at the time.

Since then, preliminary evidence has led investigators to suspect the man in the photo participated in the teens’ deaths, the state police said in a statement."

So......do they know who he is? Has this already been discussed? Sorry, I'm practically done for the day and so tired and just don't want to skim the pages! Toddlers are a challenge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if LE has a missing report from the popular hiking destination and knows of a security camera pretty sure it would of been accessed and came to light the night of unless of course nobody cared or still waiting on the film to be developed seeing as we only have 2 still images but we have security cam footage lol.

If it was from the witness who made a statement... Word would be out already.

And if it truly was from a security cam it would be out already as well.

Time will tell
I didn't say LE said these pics came from a security camera.

LE said they came from a video camera in the area.

Later, during a tv interview the reporter asked about cameras and the response was that he, Sgt Riley, believed there was a security camera but didn't know the location.

All I can go by is what we've been told but I just can't imagine why LE wouldn't say they came from Libby's phone if they did.

It's possible the other hikers in the area captured the video, as someone else pointed out.

Same link as earlier.

https://www.google.com/amp/wishtv.c...-multiple-people-in-delphi-girls-murders/amp/

Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know.

Ok, so that is important. He would be coming from behind her, if it was in her snapchat video.

Two questions----
1. Can you enter from the side of the bridge that is barricaded? Like, is there a place to park and walk from over there or homes or businesses?
2. How long is a snapchat video? Is there a time limit? That circle is about 1/4 of the way around. Are there certain time frames (like vine?)

3. Oh. Police did say it came from a security video. Am I chasing a crazy trail or do they not want us to realize it is a Snapchat video.

Most importantly #4--- does anyone have this whole Snapchat video available for me to look at until I go cross eyed :)

I remember that Riley said it's not from a security video. I might be wrong ... :thinking:

I mean is it really that hard to process that the same girls that disappeared are the same girls that were taking pics/filming on the bridge. This guy is filmed on the bridge.

Am I missing something here or do people really just play way to far in to what is obviously common sense.

Most people who think it's a trail cam obviously have no experience with them.

Going back to the basics and common sense.
A man on the bridge the same bridge the girls were on. Same time frame according to LE it's blatantly obvious.

You're thinking way to hard

I totally agree with you.

Oh my. I just got home and I see that we're now on thread #4 and no news since the man in the photo was declared a suspect by LE. :(

I can't believe no one has come forward to say they know him or even that he strongly resembles someone they know. I guess maybe some have but since he's yet to be ID'd it looks like nothing has panned out so far. How is it possible he can remain incognito like this?

You're absolutely right. This was my misunderstanding. The circle represents how long someone can view the picture via Snapchat.

I wonder if they had posted video before this picture?

If LE is saying the stills are from a SECURITY camera, would there be some by the bridge? It looks like that's where he is.

Again, my apologies. I feel terrible for making a mistake that may have derailed some of the discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually think that was a good discussion! One that had not been talked about. I am glad you brought it up :)

This is not a video, but the count down of the amount of time left to view the image.

This is actually really important!!! So, are you saying that this was not a photo, but it was a video posted to her snapchat? If so, how far from the end (not the blocked end, the open end) of the bridge do yall think Abby is? Libby could have done a video behind her, turned the camera all the way around to Abby. Meaning murder man could have had them basically blocked in on the bridge and led them from there with a threat of force.

If this is a video, that opens my mind to the possibility he was captured by them. I do not for one second buy the whole "they videoed a bad guy while he was capturing them" thing. But catching him at the end of the bridge while she was innocently filming her friend.... yeah, I can def buy in to that!

The pants the POI has on are pretty commonly worn by middle aged men, but that jacket, it seems to me that is unique. The shoulder area and arms seem different than the body of the blue jacket. Surely someone may remember seeing that on a man in the town or area.

Welcome to WS. Yes, we think too hard sometimes.

I know some cases are wild beyond imagination, but with the photo this case should be straight forward.

You have girls on the bridge and a guy on the bridge, we know the girls are taking videos/pics.

What other correlation do we need?

And people prob think I'm against the LE I'm not. Pretty bad to be calling off a search while we now know what was or had been happening.

Of course I could be a 100 percent wrong. Time will tell.

I remember that Riley said it's not from a security video. I might be wrong ... :thinking:

I totally agree with you.

No, I think yall are right. My brain read BUT a security camera took it rather than OR IF a security camera took it. Sorry about that!!

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/16/police-question-multiple-people-in-delphi-girls-murders/

Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found. The girls were dropped off Monday around 1 p.m. near the creek, less than a mile from where the bodies were found, to walk around and hang out.

Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know.

*** Same article says this:
Riley said one of the girls posted a picture to Snapchat just after 2 p.m. Monday.

So it was a picture, not a video. Whew! Just catch the dude already!

Anyone have luck finding shoes that resemble the ones he is wearing? His right shoe has a horizontal white or light stripe on the inside. The left top of shoe looks to have shiny buckles or eyelets. Haven't found similar but still looking. Is it a hiking shoe?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Just to give you something else to stare at I suppose...

I've laid the two images together.
attachment.php

Hopefully that link works.

I love this! This is exactly what I was asking for the other day. When you laid these over each other, the branches in the back make it clear that these frames were likely very close together. Not that this dude has a hat on in one and a hat off in the other or a full pouch in one and an empty pouch in the other or a young man and an old man. That is just angle, clarity, shadowing, etc. These photos seem to be within the same step or so, likely.

Also http://www.icrimewatch.net/indiana.php is the state list kept but the sheriff

Gosh so many of these offenders look the same and look similar to the guy in the video. 1 or 2 really caught my eye. Won't say who as I am sure that is against TOS. 1 from burlington with a mustache worries me b/c of his prior. The other two just favor the suspect and are from Delphi, but their charges are not as scary as the guy from Burlington.

That's a cropped photo. When you look at the full size image, it's a tree in the background.
I have not seen a tree. The pic people are saying is cropped out is one pic slightly smaller than the same picture. Please help clear this up for me as i really think this may be the sleeve of a jacket

I know some cases are wild beyond imagination, but with the photo this case should be straight forward.

You have girls on the bridge and a guy on the bridge, we know the girls are taking videos/pics.

What other correlation do we need?

And people prob think I'm against the LE I'm not. Pretty bad to be calling off a search while we now know what was or had been happening.

Of course I could be a 100 percent wrong. Time will tell.

I agree. I haven't gotten over that midnight announcement by LE calling off the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members