NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That appears to a chair from the living room. It is bad but not as bad as I have ever seen being that the police has been in there and turned that place upside down and taken 13 bags of evidence. I am also not surprised about the eviction either because of the publicity the MH Manager justs wants the media to go away.

Where are you seeing this? Sorry - been at work all day. Is there a video or pictures? Thanks.

Do you have a link for this? I keep hearing people say it but I haven't read it or seen it anywhere but on here. Thanks!

Mention of it in this video: http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6450827/

And from this news article:

Teachers at Pauline Jones Elementary School likely wouldn't have expected it either. McNeill was seen as a promising student there and was placed in a program for academically gifted children.

He also attended Hillcrest Middle School and Terry Sanford High School before starting a small electrical company, according to his sister, Tijuana McNeill.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

Some of you may want to try Criminalpages.com you will be able to get some info. not alot but may help with some of the info you are looking for.

Hugs to you too!

Do you know what it was that made your friends' mother suspect??

Most likely because he tried with their children, but it also could have been because I was kind of in shell shock I call it for a long time, just very subdued. By my teenage years I turned pretty wild, lots drinking, drugs.

CARIE did not need authority, had she gone to the authorities after trying his way she should have gone to do it the right way. :furious: but you are right, he seems controlling and she may have been afraid that it my make it worse for Shanaiya if BL does not let her come back.
BUT if responsibility was getting him down why not let someone who loves her keep her.
that is why he too should be investigated I do not buy the BS that AD wanted to be a mother. There is something far more sinister about this going on here. :(

Also if she or anyone else in Shaniya's family thought there was abuse they should've made a call to CPS!! That little boy was living there every day even before Shaniya came four weeks ago. He too was failed by all the people who suspected abuse.

This is a tough job, mostly out at sea for long periods of time. It's a rather dangerous job.

The drilling he was doing was most likely in Utah. It has been reported that is where he had been working.

I am in a situation that makes me wonder about Carey and Brad's relationship, and how it related to Shaniya.

A few months ago, my sister and her husband kicked my 14 year old nephew out of their house. My nephew is only 4 months younger than my own son, and is extremely close to us (he's been coming to my house every weekend/vacation/etc. his whole life). I asked my nephew if he needed me to pick him up, and he said yes, so I did. Well, my sister was extremely angry that I did that, because apparently she planned to take him to live with his dad, who is a giant unemployed loser, doesn't make him go to school, lives in a drug/gang infested neighborhood, etc. Why would she want her son to live in such an environment like his dad's house, when she knows very well I would have opened my home to him, I live near the High School he attends with my son and nieces, he would be cared for and, most importantly, *safe*?

I think it is like if you let the other parent take the child, it looks like you are just sharing the responsibility of raising the child, whereas if the child goes to live with a relative/aunt, it looks like you are admitting that you can't take care of the child yourself.

IMO/JMO (sorry for the O/T)

I agree.
But in the Oprah interview, from the pics I've seen, it looks like their holding hands or "hooking arms" or what you Americans call it?

If I was disgusted with someone, I would not hold their hand!

It must be a show, they ordinarily cant even look at each other.
JMO

THIS PHOTO MAKeS Me SICK!!ONe LOOK AND See THe HOLe AD WAS LIVING IN.HOW COULD YOU PUT THAT BABY THeRe?DAMN MAN HOW COULD YOU THINK AD WAS FIT AS A MOM?YOU CAN MAKe BABIeS AND THROW THeM AWAY(CL,SHAYNIA,eTC.):banghead::banghead::furious:HOW CAN YOU TAKe A BABY OUT OF A NICe HOMe AND PLACe HeR IN A SeWAGe BACK UP DUMP,AND NOT THINK TWICe AND TURN DOWN A HeLP FROM OTHeRS?HOW COULD YOU?
My own opinion BL is a .......I think it is just a matter of time, the "real" truth comes out why he threw this baby away....I hope I don't get banned,,,but this is my heartfelt,,gut feeling...Now he can go back into his comfortable house,,ride around in his beemer,,,while his precious little baby is cold, dead,raped, and destroyed in her grave....

Anyone else finding the family dynamics and connections quite unfathomable? I actually can't figure it all out. So, AD is pregnant - but by who? Brad has about a zillion kids but none of them live with him and one of them even ran away from him? Brad thought AD was enough of a lowlife to take Shaniya away from her but then he sends her back there, even though AD is still a low life. MAM might be dating AD's sister. MAM also might be having sex with AD. AD is also supposedly having sex with Coe. Brad's ex-wife and kid(?) were murdered and he won't talk about it. Brad says Shaniya lived with him but actually a mysterious woman named Ty raised Shaniya. Shaniya was burnt with cigarettes but nobody in the family saw that as enough of a problem to warrant further investigation. MAM may or may not be AD's drug dealer. AD has an elder child nobody is really mentioning and we don't know who the father of that one is. There are several aunts, in-laws, half-siblings and cousins who generally do not have a good word to say about one another. Some people think AD is a "sweet" person, despite the fact she's been investigated by DSS at least once. Brad thinks Brad is a great person. Brad has all the trappings of success but can't afford to bury his little girl. Brad lives in a real nice house but feels that a stinking trailer was quite good enough for his daughter to live in.

I could not have put it more bluntly myself. LOL
Yap you got the picture, is your head spinning yet?

McNeill appears to have been treated with leniency for years by an overburdened court system.

On June 17, 2001, court documents show, McNeill shot Roland Lee Mays in the face, neck, shoulder, chest and stomach. The records indicate that McNeill injured two other people that day, as well. He was charged with multiple counts of assault inflicting serious bodily injury.

A year later, apparently while awaiting trial in the shootings, McNeill was charged with possessing marijuana and trying to manufacture and sell it.

The charges from the two cases were consolidated, records show, and McNeill was allowed to plead guilty to lesser counts. He was sentenced to 40 to 50 months of supervised probation in June 2003, the records show.

Two months later, in August 2003, McNeill violated terms of his probation by failing to notify probation officers of his whereabouts. He was sent to prison. Records show that he entered the prison system in October 2003 and was released in May 2006.

Three months after his release, records show, McNeill was charged with possession with intent to sell marijuana and cocaine and with maintaining a vehicle for drug use.

The records show that McNeill pleaded guilty to reduced charges - a misdemeanor offense of maintaining a vehicle for drug use - and again was placed on supervised probation, on Jan. 1, 2007.

As part of the plea deal, District Court Judge Kim Tucker told McNeill that he could go on unsupervised probation if he tested negative for drugs three consecutive times, records show.

While still on supervised probation, McNeill was charged in April 2007 with possessing cocaine, records show.

He was charged again in September 2007 - this time with hitting Fayetteville police officer R. Grimm with his vehicle while trying to flee from the corner of Bragg Boulevard and Ames Street. Records indicate Grimm was injured, but they don't say how badly. McNeill was charged that day with trying to elude arrest, reckless driving and assault on a government official.

Two months later - on Nov. 30, 2007 - Superior Court Judge Jack Thompson allowed McNeill's probation status to be changed from supervised to unsupervised, records show.

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, was on unsupervised probation when police say he kidnapped 5-year-old Shaniya on Nov. 10. He is accused of raping and killing her the same day.

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953074

It's been mentioned that AD told Carey that she would never see Shaniyn again.. I would like to know what brought this statement up. Clearly, AD did not pick up the phone and say to Carey, "You will never see Shaniya again", just out of the blue.

There is more to that story. I suspect that Aunt Carey either tried to see Shaniya or talk to her, maybe even got upset with AD ...

Secondly, Aunt Carey knows a whole lot more about a lot of things! She is so angry at her brother B, and if you note, you never see her LOOK at him! She is about to burst with anger and pain and is sincerely completely devistated.

She knew about the burns, and I am NOT buying the fact that she and Shaniya only laughed and did fun things together! She questioned Shaniya and knew, but had no authority to do anything about it. I think this is the friction between she and Brad. I also think Bro B might have a very volitile temper and Aunt Carey was probably threatened with not seeing Shaniya again not only by AS but by her Br.

BTW, I was impressed with Oprah. I think she asked some very pointed, tough questions....at least she tried!
I think so too, Eclectic. :)

As for the call, this, from Carrie, is all we have:

Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

But 21/2 weeks ago, Lockhart said, the informal parenting arrangement dissolved.

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 9 [I think the report had a typo about the 31] . Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

“I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do,” said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

“I knew when [my brother] came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this,” Lockhart said.

That resolution never came. Bradley Lockhart had not returned from a job in Oregon when Shaniya disappeared.

Full story:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

Perhaps one of these links may be of some help to you:

NC Offender Records: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

Cumberland County Inmate Search: http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

Fayetteville Police Reports: http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/policereports.aspx

Not sure exactly what you are looking for.

eleph
THE NC DOC records are just Dept of Corrections records if you been convicted or have probation. If you are looking for general records you may want to try criminalpages.com. Hope this helps.

I got the impression from the video was that Coe's concern was that apparently what was reported in the media at the time of his arrest was, "Man Arrested in Kidnapping of 5 year old", but that it was not reported that "Live In Boyfriend of Mother of 5 year old" was arrested. In other words, by not revealing his relationship to AD it implied that he was a stranger and therefore there must be some evidence to implicate him, whereas when it is someone who lived in the home it could possibly be considered a routine procedure. (Not saying I agree with him or that it makes sense, just giving my impression of what he was trying to convey).

IMO/JMO
I'm just not so sure... if he had been living there, I'm not sure that he didn't know MAM. Her mom said that she knew that she was hanging out with MAM and called him a "maggot." Something is fishy IMO

I am in a situation that makes me wonder about Carey and Brad's relationship, and how it related to Shaniya.

A few months ago, my sister and her husband kicked my 14 year old nephew out of their house. My nephew is only 4 months younger than my own son, and is extremely close to us (he's been coming to my house every weekend/vacation/etc. his whole life). I asked my nephew if he needed me to pick him up, and he said yes, so I did. Well, my sister was extremely angry that I did that, because apparently she planned to take him to live with his dad, who is a giant unemployed loser, doesn't make him go to school, lives in a drug/gang infested neighborhood, etc. Why would she want her son to live in such an environment like his dad's house, when she knows very well I would have opened my home to him, I live near the High School he attends with my son and nieces, he would be cared for and, most importantly, *safe*?

I think it is like if you let the other parent take the child, it looks like you are just sharing the responsibility of raising the child, whereas if the child goes to live with a relative/aunt, it looks like you are admitting that you can't take care of the child yourself.

VERY GOOD POINT but who cares....
Who cares how it looks? what is really important is the CHILD...What is best for the child is all that should be considered.
People make mistakes sometimes, but if they are only thinking of how it looks and being self serving then the child will lose no matter how it ends up "looking"

I do not think that mobile home looks that terrible. There were to many living in a small home, so not much room. The mattress leaning on the wall, was probably put there so they had walking room during waking hours and laid back down, made up with sheets and such for sleeping.
The kitchen looks decent, the cupboards look full of food, the dish drainer is full of clean dishes, the stove has pots, but they look clean, probably no where else to store them.
The chair looks as if it was put there to eat at the counter.
I have seen much worse.

Yep. Can't or don't want to. I have absolutely no doubt that's it, IMO.

I think there's also a theme of "we must forgive and see the best in people and give them second chances" going on... and it quite sickens me, because that's the bleeding heart mentality that enables so many criminals and parents to escape responsibility and be let out to harm others people. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member