Identified! KY - Hart Co., Fem UP13979, 24-47, wire in jaw, Jun'15 - Stephanie Cawthon

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 13979

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13979

Unidentified Unsure Female
* Found june 25, 2015 in Hart County, KY
* Estimated Year of Death: 2015

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 24-47 years old
* Approximate Height: 60' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: No distinctive characteristics
* Dentals:
charting is available and entered
* Clothing/Jewelry:
Southern Comfort" t-shirt, red/pink underwear, white US size 9 Wilson brand sneakers with green laces; orange and yellow metal necklace with an orange metal pendant labeled with “S” and blue and white plastic beads, around the neck; a gray metal stud earring with pink stone in the right ear lobe.

* DNA:
Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History:
decomposing body found off State Hwy 335 and County Hwy 2749

Medical

• Skeletal findings - Healed fractures to all right ribs and 3 left ribs, Healed fracture to right mandible.
  • Prior surgery - Wire in left mandible

Her jewelry

Orange and yellow metal necklace with an orange metal pendant labeled with “S”
and blue and white plastic beads, around the neck

A gray metal stud earring with pink stone in the right ear lobe

Them near a house there; possible that no one has seen anything?

The location is only approximate; she could have been found anywhere in those fields, probably nearer to the road.

Also, if any neighbors did hear or see something, it's likely that the investigating agency would have kept that information to themselves, as part of a future trial.

They don't list race, but they sure make her look AA. And I wish they could find a forensic artist who could make an AA woman look like a woman. This isn't the first caricature they've come out with recently.

(I need an emoticon for steam coming out my ears...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't list race, but they sure make her look AA. And I wish they could find a forensic artist who could make an AA woman look like a woman. This isn't the first caricature they've come out with recently.

(I need an emoticon for steam coming out my ears...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that means that you think the recon for this (potentially white) female looks a lot like a living dead black male, I wholeheartedly agree.

Forensic artist creates face in hopes of identifying Jane Doe
WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
4/28/2016
A forensic artist created a face that may help identify the decomposed remains of a woman.

The discovery was made in June 2015, off Waterloo Road in Hart County, Kentucky, about a half mile north of a busy truck stop on Interstate 65.

The woman was believed to be between 24 and 47 years old, but her race is not known.
The Kentucky State Police Bowling Green post is handling the investigation. Anyone who may know who the women was or anyone with information in the case is asked to call them at (270) 782-2010.
(with pics of the creepy reconstruction)

Does anyone else think since she was wear an 'S' her name could very likely start with an 's'?

Does anyone else think since she was wear an 'S' her name could very likely start with an 's'?

Perhaps, but if I wear something with a "B" on it, it's not usually because of my name. I thought it could possibly be a significant other, hometown or school. I've kind gone through KY, IN and TN (where I-65 goes in the close vicinity) and didn't see any "S" girls missing that fit her very well.

This one's kind of hard to research since missing person cases from that time are generally too "old" to be in the top news stories, but generally too "new" to have made Charley or DoeNet. I don't like searching through NamUS since it frustrates me and I give up before getting very far.

The only missing person that has routinely made the news around here (Crystal Rogers) is actually very local to me. Not just in the same state. She was a grade or two behind me at my high school. I didn't really know her, but I remember seeing her in the halls and stuff. There was a bit of drama (law enforcement relationships, etc) with her and it has been highly publicized in my area. Some of the people recently missing that I did find on NamUS, I'd never heard a word about on the news or through word-of-mouth. It may sound bad, but I think we'll be lucky if this lady was even reported missing.

A couple of things made me think of this poor lady today.

A relative of mine (caucasian, midwestern female) recently got married and my parents went to the wedding up in central Indiana. The guy she married is from India. The "program" (is that what you call it?) had two pics of the bride and groom as children. It may be the silly expression he's making, but the groom looks just like a mixed friend of mine in the pic. It wasn't really the skin-tone that got my attention, since the pics were b/w. But I don't know if my friend is a good comparison in these terms or whatever. He's "unique" to put it lightly. He's not black/white, gay/straight, etc, etc. He's kind of like ALF (if any of y'all are old enough to remember him), kind of like a different critter entirlely that's still a person.

Another thing was a UID from NY that I came across. He is described as being white or Hispanic. It looks as though they made reconstructions where he's more "Hispanic looking" and some where he's more "white looking." Maybe such an approach would be warranted for this lady, since I still can only see "black male zombie" when I look at her reconstruction.

NamUS #13060white hisp.JPG

Jade Rodwell
http://www.nampn.org/cases/rodwell_jade.html

Age is off, but height is spot on.
Also listed as wearing white tennis shoes, as was the UID. (pretty common, I know.)
Richmond to Hart County: straight shot west from Richmond on I-64, then south on I-65.

I sent it to the NAMUS contact.

Just saw this. Glad she has her name back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back