CA CA - San Francisco, WhtFem UP5956, 40-50, in water near Golden Gate Bridge, Nov'03

Wondering if she is originally from Canada. I can't find a "To-Go" brand (her pants), but there was a "Togo" brand sold at Hudson Bay stores in Canada through 2007. Here is info on the Cardinal watch company. She was wearing a blue plastic one: http://montre24.com/brand/Cardinal/Cardinalwatch/

Namus says she had a recognizable face, but there doesn't seem to be a sketch or morgue photo of her.

Thanks for posting this thread for me. I really appreciate it.

I was comparing UID to missing person cases and found this potential match: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1186/0/

The age, location, gender and body matches (the weight is different). The only concern that I had was the date of the missing person, as it is over a year after they were found. The person might have had some kind of mental issue and was missing for a year prior to dying but the UID seemed to be dressed too well for someone who had some kind of issue. For that same reason, this person seemed to be pretty well off, which likely means someone reported her missing (if not a family or friend, probably someone from work). Perhaps she even fell off the bridge while jogging? More likely, it was a suicide. If it WAS a suicide, I doubt the person came from very far away...it seems like a long way to travel just to commit suicide.

I also considered this person: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/u/ulrich_bobette.html but felt the weight was too different. However, the pants, age, rough height and possibly location are a match.

I didn't see any information which estimated how long she had been in the water for.

Freudguy in re suicide I dont think you can say one way or the other. We had a case here a year or so ago of a young man who told friends he was going out west then instead drive to NYC and jumped out a high window. There is also a case I know of a guy who drove out to the loneliest road in America. Lyle Stevik came to Grays Harbor on a bus from....somewhere. In the general population this would not hold true but among the unidentified suicides they often seem to have taken pains to leave no trace of their identities and so it only makes sense that rhis sometimes includes going somewhere they will not be recognized or easily connected to.

Thanks for posting this thread for me. I really appreciate it.

I was comparing UID to missing person cases and found this potential match: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1186/0/

The age, location, gender and body matches (the weight is different). The only concern that I had was the date of the missing person, as it is over a year after they were found. The person might have had some kind of mental issue and was missing for a year prior to dying but the UID seemed to be dressed too well for someone who had some kind of issue. For that same reason, this person seemed to be pretty well off, which likely means someone reported her missing (if not a family or friend, probably someone from work). Perhaps she even fell off the bridge while jogging? More likely, it was a suicide. If it WAS a suicide, I doubt the person came from very far away...it seems like a long way to travel just to commit suicide.

I also considered this person: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/u/ulrich_bobette.html but felt the weight was too different. However, the pants, age, rough height and possibly location are a match.

I didn't see any information which estimated how long she had been in the water for.

I think Namus just has her death at 2003, but if she had a recognizable face I can't imagine it was too long. I'm with IrishEyes: I wouldn't let distance or time from disappearance limit you in a case like this. I know there is one recent instance of a young woman traveling all the way from the UK just to jump off the GG Bridge.

Jane Doe 2003-1244 | Office of the Medical Examiner
1999-JaneDoe%202003-1244.jpg
1995-JaneDoe%202003-1244%20left.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Exclusions-
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ
MP1023 Marina Kissinger 03/14/1995 San Francisco CA
MP7584 Parley Pate 02/09/1993 Wake NC
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP18050 Billie Willard 01/01/1987 Wake NC

I think Namus just has her death at 2003, but if she had a recognizable face I can't imagine it was too long. I'm with IrishEyes: I wouldn't let distance or time from disappearance limit you in a case like this. I know there is one recent instance of a young woman traveling all the way from the UK just to jump off the GG Bridge.

Agreed. My not-so-pleasant comment on the water discovery is that if they could identify her eye color, she had not been dead long enough for her eyes to, erm, disappear. The same with toe nail polish still looking well-maintained. Since she was found in New Balance with a black sport bra I'd read this as a woman out jogging/running/walking.

Someone else made the great point that the Cardinal watch could be a Montreal clue. I got a hit here with a blue plastic "Cardinal" watch for Walmart Canada. SF is certainly a city with a lot of out-of-town travelers, easy for someone who is in town for business to go out for exercise, especially Golden Gate Bridge if tourist, and then something happens. However, based on what I've found so far among missing persons in Canada, nobody really lines up with the details. There's one who looks like her but she has many identifying body marks and nothing of the sort is mentioned for this Jane Doe.

Doubtful because of the circumstances.....Virginia Anne Beiter, missing since 06/01/2002, from Monticello, Kentucky, 47 years old, Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'10, 120 - 130 pound, Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

beiter_virginia.jpg

Virginia Anne Beiter – The Charley Project

Also came across Bonita Landi, who I thought had the look, height is off (5'3) but somehow her Namus file is down and she isn't anymore on the oag.ca.gov/missing/person site even though they are referred to as sources. I think she is found, but I couldn't find anything to conform that.

Bonita Landi – The Charley Project

This are the stats on the coroners website Jane Doe 2003-1244 | Office of the Medical Examiner

DESCRIPTION
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Build: Medium Heavy
Complexion: Light
Hair: Brown, mid-neck length
Eyes: Blue In Namus brown

Thank you @Bit of hope for pointing out these discrepancies. Here are a couple more to keep in mind. I read through this thread but I don't think I saw it mentioned.

On the sfgov ME's profile for JD, her clothing is described a bit differently than on her NamUs profile. See below. BBM

Jane Doe 2003-1244 | Office of the Medical Examiner
Clothing/Jewelry: Blue short pants and white New Balance tennis shoes. Gold hoop-like earrings, a gold chain necklace, a blue watch. Her toes were polished.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Clothing
White sports bra, black horizontally striped underwear, black pants "To-Go" brand size 14, and two socks

Two gray-white athletic shoes "New Balance" brand size 91/2 D

Doubtful because of the circumstances.....Virginia Anne Beiter, missing since 06/01/2002, from Monticello, Kentucky, 47 years old, Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'10, 120 - 130 pound, Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

beiter_virginia.jpg

Virginia Anne Beiter – The Charley Project

Also this one, but an off story.... Tracy Jane Carter. Missing 10/15/2002, from Ventura, California, 40 yrs, 5'8, 140 lbs, Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.

Tracee Jane Carter – The Charley Project

UGH, these are hard to call! These are two really good potential matches, imo. I think circumstantially Tracy is a stronger potential but visually Virginia tends to match the sketch more closely. They're both off by far on weights and different eye colors but height and other descriptors are pretty much a match. Tracy's suicide note and the fact that the canoe was missing makes me wonder whether she entered the bay at some point. This JD was found floating. Her profile doesn't mention anyone witnessing her jumping from the bridge. I think it's possible these are Tracy's remains but I can't explain 1 yr gap in the timeline. Did she hang out for a year somewhere with her canoe?

From the SF Co Coroner's website. She is still listed, however the link currently directs you somewhere else, luckily the wayback machine has an archived version.
1999-JaneDoe 2003-1244.jpg

Attachments

• 1995-JaneDoe 2003-1244 left.jpg
    1995-JaneDoe 2003-1244 left.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads