WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
*here are some point form tidbits of potential pertinent info that has NOT been proven fact, yet the persons who brought them to our attention have FIRST HAND information, or better... (in no particular order)
-Mackenzie was at car wash with a male passenger
-there is more video of Mackenzie and a male passenger
-park/dock area IS used for drug transactions
-spec house was searched at least on one occasion with crime scene vehicle present
-a new vehicle was purchased for JF, but BEFORE murder took place
-Mackenzie was calling Lowe's in the days prior to her murder from her cell
What have I missed...

*here are some point form tidbits of potential pertinent info that has NOT been proven fact, yet the persons who brought them to our attention have FIRST HAND information, or better... (in no particular order)
-Mackenzie was at car wash with a male passenger
-there is more video of Mackenzie and a male passenger
-park/dock area IS used for drug transactions
-spec house was searched at least on one occasion with crime scene vehicle present
-a new vehicle was purchased for JF, but BEFORE murder took place
-Mackenzie was calling Lowe's in the days prior to her murder from her cell
What have I missed...

First-hand knowledge means that the person who posted this on WS actually saw McKenzie at the car wash etc.

Still, they amount to unsubstantiated information, in that LE has not substantiated any of this. I'm not saying that it's not true. I'm just saying that, if not substantiated by LE, then we can't know for sure that this info is true.

First-hand knowledge means that the person who posted this on WS actually saw McKenzie at the car wash etc.

Still, they amount to unsubstantiated information, in that LE has not substantiated any of this. I'm not saying that it's not true. I'm just saying that, if not substantiated by LE, then we can't know for sure that this info is true.

This is first hand information. And so are the others.

Dear Posters:

We've actually been quite permissive in this thread in allowing posters to post about rumors they have heard.

Back in the day, we were quite strict about not posting rumors.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelieveable.

If you post something you got from another site or in the media, please provide the link, as always.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Regarding the train tracks, the only thing I could think of symbolizing this would be her braces? Does anyone know if she was picked on for wearing braces? I know in her senior pics she didn't have any... does anyone know if they were photoshopped out?? "she was trying to get over the tracks, very focused on it" - trying to get over the tormenting over being picked on?? maybe?? I dunno.

Because she was in her car and focused on driving it over these tracks to get "home", I'm thinking they are literally train tracks on an old, dirt road that you have to drive over to get to the house that was very familiar on the outside, but no longer familiar on the inside. I think it goes to the place where she was when she was either killed or hurt badly and kept hostage? I just feel that she was killed right away and that's why her car was ditched. She wasn't ever gonna need it again.

The children in the dream I'm sure have some significance. At least the 2 that were in the car. The other children didn't seem to have much significance except that they belonged to this woman. Maybe they belonged to the man? We know that JF has 2 with his current, and there were, I believe, 2 previous matrimonies? Not sure. Possible 4 children all together............if the man in the dream is JF. The woman slapping the little girl and not MC (my friend) has me thinking, because my friend felt the rage that a mother feels when her child is attacked and MC felt that rage also. So, IDK. Seems more symbolic of a mother's protective anger than anger between.........say.......a mother and daughter. So, I could go with that and speculate that MC was pregnant and the anger was directed at her unborn baby and that was the first attack? And...there were 2 children in the car. IDK. It's all speculation as it was a dream.........but you have to admit that it'v very compelling! My friend knew from the very beginning of the dream that it was MC. She was seeing and feeling what MC was seeing and feeling. I'm still hoping that somebody on this forum has experience with dreams and can give some insight.

I have no idea if RC's SO has children............as that part of the fam is under the radar. However; that could very well be what the dream was relating to. Purely speculation.

Interesting you asked that. I had brought that up a while ago because I also noticed no braces. I was TOLD by a friend of hers that she wore them on the bottom teeth, which would explain why we can't see them in her pics. I wondered if she wore invisalign. I heard a RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR that her braces were removed during the murder, and I wondered why the police made such a deal about that when they were searching for her becasue they were not visible in her pics. The friend said that they were on her lower teeth to aid in the correction of her bite that was the brunt of her teasing. Great thought on the train track and teeth issue. Also, another RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR a boyfriend of hers referred to her as "trainwreck"??? interesting.

MC was wearing braces on both upper and lower teeth in the original "missing" poster.http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/10/deputies-search-pitcher-canyon-area-for-missing/?online
While she is not wearing them in other photos, I know she was currently under treatment from a local orthodontist to align the teeth prior to the corrective jaw surgery she intended to have, as mentioned by the pastor at her memorial. I know dental records were requested to confirm identity.
(This orthodontist does NOT use Invisalign.)

Rumor re: "trainwreck"...not even her boyfriend that is being quoted. Totally off base.

There are still a couple of things that really, really leave me wondering what went on:

#1- The texts between MC and boyfriend: I believe it has been reported that they were merely "hey" to one and replied with "hey" to in response. Correct? I cannot recall who initiated the text. MC or boyfriend and I don't want to search this entire thread. To me it's not the initiation of the text, but the content. It seems to me that the thread would continue, with a conversation ("what's up", etc...) unless they both continued their communication in another way, in person, etc. It seems odd that that was all that was said unless- Speculation she was picking him up, got to the pickup spot and texted "hey" as she saw him standing there. Or vice versa, he could have seen her, texted "hey" and got her attention, then a "hey" response back and carried on conversation in person as they saw each other, she picked him up and carried on about what ever they were doing.

It may be nothing, but ever since I heard that the texts came from the boat launch, I have wondered if she was waiting there picking him up.

It may be she was interrupted by someone as she was attemptimng to text the BF and kill some time while waiting. I dont know.

By no means am I implying he commited the crime, I'm just wondering if she met him there and continued on. It could be the boat launch sighting and other events following had nothing to do with her death

#2- When was her body placed at CB? And what shape was she in? Rumor Alert One rumor I had heard, literally hours after they found her, was that the body was in such bad shape they thought she had gone through the dam. Now, this was rumor and LE has stated she was placed, so this is unlikely. But, if she was in really bad shape, in addition to the rumored disfigurement and such, she may have been there for days, meaning the perp(s) took her there Tuesday night.

I'm really just thinking out loud.

Not too far off-topic, but an aside about dreams and crime-solving:

The most famous (of the very few) incidents involving the apparent solving of a murder via dreams is that of the so-called "Red Barn Murder," a hugely famous 19th century case:

"The Red Barn Murder was a notorious murder committed in Polstead, Suffolk, England, in 1827. A young woman, Maria Marten, was shot dead by her lover, William Corder. The two had arranged to meet at the Red Barn, a local landmark, before eloping to Ipswich. Maria was never heard from again. Corder fled the scene and although he sent Marten's family letters claiming she was in good health, her body was later discovered buried in the barn after her stepmother spoke of having dreamt about the murder."
---
"After the trial, doubts were raised about both the story of the stepmother's dreams and the fate of Maria and William's child. The stepmother was only a year older than Maria, and it was suggested that she and Corder had been having an affair, and the two had planned the murder to dispose of Maria so that it could continue without hindrance. Since her dreams had started only a few days after Corder married Moore, it was suggested that jealousy was the motive for revealing the body's resting place and that the dreams were a simple subterfuge."
---
(So maybe, maybe not. Interesting topic though, as raised above and on earlier MC threads.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Barn_Murder

There are still a couple of things that really, really leave me wondering what went on:

#1- The texts between MC and boyfriend: I believe it has been reported that they were merely "hey" to one and replied with "hey" to in response. Correct? I cannot recall who initiated the text. MC or boyfriend and I don't want to search this entire thread. To me it's not the initiation of the text, but the content. It seems to me that the thread would continue, with a conversation ("what's up", etc...) unless they both continued their communication in another way, in person, etc. It seems odd that that was all that was said unless- Speculation she was picking him up, got to the pickup spot and texted "hey" as she saw him standing there. Or vice versa, he could have seen her, texted "hey" and got her attention, then a "hey" response back and carried on conversation in person as they saw each other, she picked him up and carried on about what ever they were doing.

It may be nothing, but ever since I heard that the texts came from the boat launch, I have wondered if she was waiting there picking him up.

It may be she was interrupted by someone as she was attemptimng to text the BF and kill some time while waiting. I dont know.

By no means am I implying he commited the crime, I'm just wondering if she met him there and continued on. It could be the boat launch sighting and other events following had nothing to do with her death

#2- When was her body placed at CB? And what shape was she in? Rumor Alert One rumor I had heard, literally hours after they found her, was that the body was in such bad shape they thought she had gone through the dam. Now, this was rumor and LE has stated she was placed, so this is unlikely. But, if she was in really bad shape, in addition to the rumored disfigurement and such, she may have been there for days, meaning the perp(s) took her there Tuesday night.

I have seen two different quotes on the txt msg thing. One quote was just "Hey". The other quote was: "Hey, wassup?" Could be that one txted "Hey" and the other responded with, "Hey, wassup?" It's a little confusing, but I have seen both quotes.

Walk Raises Money for Mackenzie Reward Fund

A group of about 20 people participated in a Sunday walk to raise money for a reward fund in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

The afternoon walk began in Wenatchee Riverfront Park and continued all the way around the Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.

March 8 Wenatchee World

Who text first? BF? Then, the reply, "hey" was sent back to him...right?
You never know...Killer could have been the person to send the text back to BF. He could have taken MC's phone earlier than we have thought about.

MC was wearing braces on both upper and lower teeth in the original "missing" poster.http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/10/deputies-search-pitcher-canyon-area-for-missing/?online
While she is not wearing them in other photos, I know she was currently under treatment from a local orthodontist to align the teeth prior to the corrective jaw surgery she intended to have, as mentioned by the pastor at her memorial. I know dental records were requested to confirm identity.
(This orthodontist does NOT use Invisalign.)

Rumor re: "trainwreck"...not even her boyfriend that is being quoted. Totally off base.

I was not disputing the fact that she did indeed wear braces. They are obviously noticeable in the picture of her that seems to be quite dated. The most current ones that they were showing when she went missing, I think it is safe to say "looked" like she was not wearing braces. That's why I had asked about invisalign. That was a couple weeks ago, and that is when I was told about her jaw problem and the lower teeth being braced. I was not disputing the fact that she wore braces. I just wondered why we weren't able to see them.
In regards to the train wreck quote, thanks for straightening that out. I read it on here as a possible rumor and when the poster was referring to the train track, I thought that was interesting. Again, THANKS for straightening me out!

Not too far off-topic, but an aside about dreams and crime-solving:

The most famous (of the very few) incidents involving the apparent solving of a murder via dreams is that of the so-called "Red Barn Murder," a hugely famous 19th century case:

"The Red Barn Murder was a notorious murder committed in Polstead, Suffolk, England, in 1827. A young woman, Maria Marten, was shot dead by her lover, William Corder. The two had arranged to meet at the Red Barn, a local landmark, before eloping to Ipswich. Maria was never heard from again. Corder fled the scene and although he sent Marten's family letters claiming she was in good health, her body was later discovered buried in the barn after her stepmother spoke of having dreamt about the murder."
---
"After the trial, doubts were raised about both the story of the stepmother's dreams and the fate of Maria and William's child. The stepmother was only a year older than Maria, and it was suggested that she and Corder had been having an affair, and the two had planned the murder to dispose of Maria so that it could continue without hindrance. Since her dreams had started only a few days after Corder married Moore, it was suggested that jealousy was the motive for revealing the body's resting place and that the dreams were a simple subterfuge."
---
(So maybe, maybe not. Interesting topic though, as raised above and on earlier MC threads.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Barn_Murder

Very interesting. Thank you for that. I can assure you that my friend has no connection whatsoever to the family, and she did relate that she has had 1 other such dream that was even more disturbing to her, and it was somewhat different in that this dream seemed to focus more on MC's feelings and her overwhelming sadness that she was being erased. I won't go into the other dream, but that also was local and involved 2 horrific murders and she was more in the murderer's head and could see what he was doing and hear his thoughts. She is very haunted by it. She would just as soon not have them!

Walk Raises Money for Mackenzie Reward Fund

A group of about 20 people participated in a Sunday walk to raise money for a reward fund in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

The afternoon walk began in Wenatchee Riverfront Park and continued all the way around the Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.

March 8 Wenatchee World

I can't open that on this computer. Does it say how much money was raised?

I was not disputing the fact that she did indeed wear braces. They are obviously noticeable in the picture of her that seems to be quite dated. The most current ones that they were showing when she went missing, I think it is safe to say "looked" like she was not wearing braces. That's why I had asked about invisalign. That was a couple weeks ago, and that is when I was told about her jaw problem and the lower teeth being braced. I was not disputing the fact that she wore braces. I just wondered why we weren't able to see them.
In regards to the train wreck quote, thanks for straightening that out. I read it on here as a possible rumor and when the poster was referring to the train track, I thought that was interesting. Again, THANKS for straightening me out!

In regards to not being able to see her braces ssometimes the photographer will take them out of the pictures. I paid an extra $15.00 to have them removed in my son's senior pictures.

Just thought I would add some info:
We were driving by the CB scene just as LE showed up on the scene. There were a few people standing by the side of the road so we stopped to ask them what was going on. They said it looked like she had gone through the dam based on the condition of her body. Included in the group of people were the people that found the body.

Just thought I would add some info:
We were driving by the CB scene just as LE showed up on the scene. There were a few people standing by the side of the road so we stopped to ask them what was going on. They said it looked like she had gone through the dam based on the condition of her body. Included in the group of people were the people that found the body.

Jeez... since LE said that she was placed there, the killer(s) must have really brutalized her body. Very sad.

I can't open that on this computer. Does it say how much money was raised?

No, it doesn't say much of anything other than 20 people participated in a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave