New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

There is currently a film crew from Switzerland in Jennings filming a documentary on the murders. The article is titled "Documenting the Jeff Davis Eight" and here is the link:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11083246

There is also a citizen who has come forth claiming that a member of her family, killed back in 1998, may be the 9th victim related to the more recent murders. This is the link (the video option next to the article covers the full story):

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11040433

Hope this helps!

Has anybody heard of another girl missing? A friend at work told me that she heard "breaking news" with few details this morning---apparently a 20 year old young woman was taken from her home in the middle of the night. She said the police had characterized her disappearance as "suspicious" and thought she had been abducted.

This happened in Welch, which is about 10 miles out of Jennings. IF this case is connected, it would be the first time the SK took a woman out of the home, which would mean his behavior is evolving and intensifying.

Anybody else hear this?

Has anybody heard of another girl missing? A friend at work told me that she heard "breaking news" with few details this morning---apparently a 20 year old young woman was taken from her home in the middle of the night. She said the police had characterized her disappearance as "suspicious" and thought she had been abducted.

This happened in Welch, which is about 10 miles out of Jennings. IF this case is connected, it would be the first time the SK took a woman out of the home, which would mean his behavior is evolving and intensifying.

Anybody else hear this?
Yes, 20 year old Bethany Genice Beauregard was [ame=http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17006]reported missing[/ame] yesterday and found found safe today.

The local news had very little to say about the matter of the missing girl from Welsh. One very brief article said that they would release further details later, but the article was never updated. It was kept very hush-hush and nothing has been released on it since. Very strange. :waitasec:

I am from a place not very far from jennings at all and even closer to where two of the bodies were found and I will say that the talk in jennings is the the LE doesnt want to push the investigation into federal hands because they are like any other small town USA it is our problem and we will handle it. Most of the People in Jennings are related to each other as a matter of fact two of my employees are related to three of the victims. It is also rumored that the investigation is leading them to lean toward an officer that is involved in investigating the case. It is also rumored that his wife has a drug problem and this is a vengance toward the people who supply her with the drugs. Just Rumors but interesting ones.

The local news had very little to say about the matter of the missing girl from Welsh. One very brief article said that they would release further details later, but the article was never updated. It was kept very hush-hush and nothing has been released on it since. Very strange. :waitasec:

I live and work in Welsh, and notta, nothing, did I hear on where she was found or anything else, and even very little the next morning about her being missing...in this little town, THAT is STRANGE!

I am from a place not very far from jennings at all and even closer to where two of the bodies were found and I will say that the talk in jennings is the the LE doesnt want to push the investigation into federal hands because they are like any other small town USA it is our problem and we will handle it. Most of the People in Jennings are related to each other as a matter of fact two of my employees are related to three of the victims. It is also rumored that the investigation is leading them to lean toward an officer that is involved in investigating the case. It is also rumored that his wife has a drug problem and this is a vengance toward the people who supply her with the drugs. Just Rumors but interesting ones.

I understand that this is just a rumor but is that officer still investigating these cases??

Body found in car; foul play not suspected
© 2009 The Associated Press
Oct. 8, 2009, 6:34PM

ROANOKE, La. — Jefferson Davis Parish authorities say the body of a woman reported missing in Texas has been found in a car near Roanoke, about five miles west of Jennings.

Dr. Charles Deese, the deputy coroner, identified her Thursday as 33-year-old Stefanie McKenzie of Humble. He says he is still investigating the cause of death, and would not speculate.

Full article: click here

Body found in car; foul play not suspected
© 2009 The Associated Press
Oct. 8, 2009, 6:34PM

Full article: click here
Thank you for the article, Shadowraiths =)
Going by the wording it sounds like an overdose death. Investigator's don't suspect foul play; autopsy still going on; suicide or accidental overdose are being investigated as possibilities.. we are losing too many of our young people to drugs =(

I wish there was some way we could just have the FBI sent in to take over the case.

Sure is odd for a girl to travel from Humble Texas to an out of the way country road smack in the middle of where bodies from an unsolved set of murders were left.....in another state........to coincidentally choose that location to overdose.

I don't believe in coincidences like that.

Hello all. I'm new to this site as I saw the story on the news and found this place through google while doing some research. I have some theories but the only information that I can't find about the 8 unsolved murders is whether or not the autopsies showed if they had intercourse soon before they were murdered and if so whether or not it was consensual, and if not consensual, if it was violent.

This aspect of their deaths makes a big difference on the theories of who this person is.

On a few other notes in regards to how they're all connected, is it possible that anybody who was murdered in a small like that would be connected in some way or another.

Also, how do authorities suspect these women were abducted as it seems to happen quickly and nobody has witnessed an abduction. They also don't mention what time each woman was suspected to have disappeared

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/police/67115402.html

The reward has been increased to $85,000.
The article has pictures of all 8 victims.
Sheriff Ricky needs to come to his senses and acknowledge they have a serial killer! Not some "common offender".

"
Officials, however, had been reluctant to label it the work of a serial killer. That recently changed when Edwards issued a news release referring to the deaths as possibly being connected to a “common offender.”
“For that reason, the label ‘serial murder’ is applicable,” Edwards said Wednesday, reading from a prepared statement.
He said they had shied away from the term “because it does not benefit us in our goals to identify and apprehend the offender, nor does it prevent further loss of life.”

The Jeff Davis Task Force working on the investigations recently held a news conference. There is a detailed article and 15 minute video included in this link:

This is a link to an article/video released by local kplc news regarding the Jeff Davis Task Force's recent news conference:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11399926

KPLC article titled "Jeff Davis Sheriff says task force making progress":

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11387065

I would be concerned too, the sheriff ricky never tells anyone what time of progress is being made, aside from the reward money which isn't progress, just incentive for tips to come in.

For the life of me i don't understand why half the time they say it's not a serial killer, it may be a "common offender". So the serial killer is a common offender.

The more media attention this case gets, the better! :furious: Hopefully it'll put pressure on LE there to work harder on catching the serial killer they have running loose! The victims' families deserve justice!

it would also be easier for an officer (or someone dressed as an officer/with fake credentials) to get victims into a car w/o a struggle, especially if the victims already have a record and even easier if the person w/ fake credentials said that they needed to speak with the victims about the murders down at the station

how many victims is it going to take to get these girls some nationwide attention???

do the sleuthers here need to start calling the media to make something happen?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back