POI in Lindsey's Case

I've heard it from a very good authority that perps have been known to show up at searches. So, if this is the perp and he knew where Lindsey was, he was concerned they might find her or he wouldn't have done that. IMO

Then what can we conclude from the report that he suggested a particular location to take the mom to search? He knew LB wasn't there, so felt it would be a safe place to look? Or he knew she was there, so could be sure to avoid finding her and then they could say, "We have searched that area and she's not there"?

It sounds like it was traffic school. How many classes give certificates that have the time on them?

I know traffic school does because legally you have to attend for a certain number of hours to get the necessary credits. But both times I went to a traffic school class we ended up getting out early too. They said we could skip the breaks and get out early instead.

He lied about the time he left the class and he lied about being in the convenience store, just minutes after she was last seen. Maybe he nabbed her in the parking lot,threw her in his van, tied her up, and then went into the store to make it look normal.

Or could have been something related to emergency management and/or CPR certification. You have to renew certification every year or 2 I believe. Either way, once you complete testing successfully, you get your updated cert & can leave right away. Not sure, just speculating. It's said that the class ended early at 8:15, so I'm wondering what it would be. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if it were related to fire & rescue.

From an old Google street view, you can see how close it is. Hartmans is in the circle, Mikes Mkt is at right.

Hartmans-aBlockAway-sameBlock.jpg

Jennifer, I hope you see this. If you look at the video, TH had a bag of chips (looks like Doritos or Utz) & a bottle of soda. He also has his F&R 2-Way Radio. This lying SOS could be caught just by pulling that radio's call records. It works like a Nextel, cell service or broadband still had to be paid fir bc sometimes they're miles away assisting other jurisdictions. Couldn't le or fbi do a triangulation using that service instead of his personal cell service? Each F&R personnel would have a numbered 2-Way Radio, their own personal one. Those records shouldn't be hard to obtain bc police have the time Kindsey went missing plus this dude on surveillance tape. Whatcha think?

Amanda- thank you. You do such a great job keeping all the casework pictures & articles in your photobucket acct. People from all over the web sing your praises, literally no exaggeration. Thanks for being so thorough & maintaining your dedication.

Then what can we conclude from the report that he suggested a particular location to take the mom to search? He knew LB wasn't there, so felt it would be a safe place to look? Or he knew she was there, so could be sure to avoid finding her and then they could say, "We have searched that area and she's not there"?

I've thought of this so many times. I think LE has too.. the area has been heavily searched. This was one of the areas cleared by the DOC crews even.

Jennifer, I hope you see this. If you look at the video, TH had a bag of child (looks like Doritos or Utz) & a bottle of soda. He also has his F&R 2-Way Radio. This lying SOS could be caught just by pulling that radio's call records. It works like a Nextel, cell service or broadband still had to be paid fir bc sometimes they're miles away assisting other jurisdictions. Couldn't le or fbi do a triangulation using that service instead of his personal cell service? Each F&R personnel would have a numbered 2-Way Radio, their own personal one. Those records shouldn't be hard to obtain bc police have the time Kindsey went missing plus this dude on surveillance tape. Whatcha think?

I'm sure LE has thought of and more than likely done this. I can't speak for them as they share no information with any of us.

Hi JennO, Then where is the video store from the jewelry store. where she had been that afternoon with her friends?

He probably saw her often, knew her well enough to make a negative comment about her, right? Could have had his beady eyes on her waiting for his chance, to build up his courage.

My heart did a flip flop when I saw there were new posts here. We have all carried her in prayers. Let us hope something happens quickly now.

They have probably already done a study on him IMO, his family, where his haunts are, other properties or friends who deep sea fish, etc - all that stuff. Something will raise the eyebrow of an investigator. I just know that is how it will happen. That is unless they got these two gals in the box to get every detail about what they saw. There was that house south of downtown McCleary where Lindsay's DNA was found. I wonder if he took her there first and then up those backroads where they searched?

Sorry, can't remember the names of the roads right now but will promise to bone up. xox

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

I must know when he made that negative comment about her. Before or after she went missing.

Is this the same man that said "she was up to no good"? Didn't I read that she was accused of stealing candy? Did that occur the day she went missing?

I also remember a man that JVK talked to on the street said something negative about her - who was that man?

From an old Google street view, you can see how close it is. Hartmans is in the circle, Mikes Mkt is at right.

Hartmans-aBlockAway-sameBlock.jpg

And it's actually closer than this picture makes it look. This is kind of a stretched out view.

I can sit across the street from Mikes Market in the Rain Country restaurant and clearly see (to the point that I can say "that is so and so") the people coming and going from the Jewelry store.

I must know when he made that negative comment about her. Before or after she went missing.
Before. Now he's pointed his negative comments about MB. I have no heard of him making any negative comments about Lindsey but I've heard several people talk about how he's constantly blaming this whole thing on MB.

Is this the same man that said "she was up to no good"? Didn't I read that she was accused of stealing candy? Did that occur the day she went missing?
Correct, he is the man that is rumored to say that (by the man JVK talked to in the beginning). I don't know about any stolen candy. I don't recall him having candy in his store but it's possible.

I also remember a man that JVK talked to on the street said something negative about her - who was that man?
I don't recall the man saying anything negative about Lindsey directly. I think he was talking about several different people saying them. I think JVK found out who the guy was but I don't really remember.

Hi JennO, Then where is the video store from the jewelry store. where she had been that afternoon with her friends?

He probably saw her often, knew her well enough to make a negative comment about her, right? Could have had his beady eyes on her waiting for his chance, to build up his courage.

My heart did a flip flop when I saw there were new posts here. We have all carried her in prayers. Let us hope something happens quickly now.

They have probably already done a study on him IMO, his family, where his haunts are, other properties or friends who deep sea fish, etc - all that stuff. Something will raise the eyebrow of an investigator. I just know that is how it will happen. That is unless they got these two gals in the box to get every detail about what they saw. There was that house south of downtown McCleary where Lindsay's DNA was found. I wonder if he took her there first and then up those backroads where they searched?

Sorry, can't remember the names of the roads right now but will promise to bone up. xox

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Wait... what? Where did you hear that Lindseys DNA was found in a house? I haven't heard this before. Can you provide a link please.

Here's the thread where poster jvk provided some great photos of the area and said she talked to Mark, the town drunk:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86066

Here's what jvk wrote in post #4 of that thread:

Mark portrayed 'Peter' (iirc) (the owner or worker of the Jewelry shop ^, on Maple) as not having a 'great opinion of Lindsey &/or the Baum family. "~That girl was up to 'things'" (Lindsey)

Jvk writes "Peter" instead of Tim, so maybe she didn't remember the name correctly.

This reminds me of Somer Thompson. She was lured/grabbed, molested and murdered by Jarred Harrell at a house on the same road and same side of the road a little more than a block from where she was last seen.

Jennifer, I hope you see this. If you look at the video, TH had a bag of child (looks like Doritos or Utz) & a bottle of soda. [snip]

I assume you meant a bag of "chips".

Jennifer, I'm wondering why his wife isn't mentioned in reports or news. She's a state employee working in public info / employment security. So wouldn't she have been interviewed of all people? I'm not finding anything, unless I'm overlooking it maybe?

Re:
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Video-offers-new-clues-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139030629.html

Snipped:
The man said the investigation has been hard on him and his wife.
"It's deadened me,"*he said.
The sheriff’s office said it held off releasing the video until now at the request of the FBI as part of their ongoing investigation.

Editing to note that in 2007 she was a govt employee, is she still?

See, this is what I'm talking about. His wife is listed as CEO of the jewelry store and assuming she's on the mortgage as well, then why not speak out or be interviewed? I'm seriously missing something.

Manta for the business:
http://m.manta.com/c/mtxdqxl/hartman-s-jewelry-repair?page=company

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/132106953.html?m=y&smobile=y&c=y
McCleary shop searched in search for Lindsey Baum
By KOMO Staff
Story Updated: Oct 18, 2011

Snipped:
MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Detectives investigating the mysterious disappearance of Lindsey Baum served a search warrant at a local business on Tuesday.

The FBI and Grays Harbor sheriff's deputies searched Hartman's Jewelry and Repair located on Fourth Street - the street on which the 10-year-old girl was last seen 28 months ago. They also searched the store owners' home just outside of town.

Jennifer, I'm wondering why his wife isn't mentioned in reports or news. She's a state employee working in public info / employment security. So wouldn't she have been interviewed of all people? I'm not finding anything, unless I'm overlooking it maybe?

Re:
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Video-offers-new-clues-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139030629.html

Snipped:
The man said the investigation has been hard on him and his wife.
"It's deadened me,"*he said.
The sheriff’s office said it held off releasing the video until now at the request of the FBI as part of their ongoing investigation.

Editing to note that in 2007 she was a govt employee, is she still?

You know more about his wife than I do. lol
I have no idea where she works. I've seen her a couple of times but couldn't tell you anything about her. Sorry.

Wanted to note that I know that article was posted before but comments to these articles are updated more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back