Match! NY - NYC, WhtMale UP5064, 40-55, jumped from ferry, Jan'09 *Robert Donlick*

Great job, snuf - congratulations! Some good lessons to be learned here. Thank you.

Way to go Snuf!! You should feel great!!! The family can have closure and not have to wonder anymore what happened to him!

How cool is that.. thank you for the hard work and bringing another person back home to their familys

Yes, I remember Dawn, too! Great work! You must feel good to have brought closure to two families...

Keep up the great work. There are so many more waiting for us!

WOW. You guys are truly amazing.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your lives to help people you don't even know.

Just being here and posting you are making such a huge difference.

Thank you. Thank you so very very much.

Tricia

Great work, Snuf! I'm so glad people like you are in the world!

Sleep well, Mr. Donlick...

Amazing work snuf!

I have posted in the past (and been blasted to kingdom come haha) but I'll post it again here.

This

subforum

is

where

98%

of the

work

is

done

on

this

website

You will be blessed snuf. :hug:

Congratulations to Snuf, and my condolences to the family...closure can be bitter sweet sometimes, but I am so happy your loved one will be coming home to you.

Thank you for giving this family closure! You're amazing, keep up the good work.

I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a member here than I am right now.

Way to go, Snuf! Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

RIP, Mr. Donlick.

Mr. Donlick's family has set up a memorial page. I'm not sure if I should send some flowers, or a card, or an email, or anything at all. I would really like to send some flowers, but I don't want to intrude on their family during such a sad time. What do you guys think?

http://www.longwoodfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/memsol.cgi?page=timeline&user_id=305095

Do they know who you are? - Or how it was that he was identified?

I don't think it would be an intrusion if you sent some flowers with a brief message on the card, and as a P.S. at the bottom stating that you were the person who spotted the match, so that they know who you are.

Do they know who you are? - Or how it was that he was identified?

I don't think it would be an intrusion if you sent some flowers with a brief message on the card, and as a P.S. at the bottom stating that you were the person who spotted the match, so that they know who you are.

:waitasec: I have no idea if they were told about how his match was made.

I am so impressed with this. I dont understand how you match them up or know what to look for.

FWIW If I had a missing family member and someone took the time to do what you did to ID them I would want to know who you are. JMO

Snuf,
Congratulations again! Your volunteered time, energy & skill has made a big difference to Mr Donlick's loved ones. Be very proud for helping a family find closure & lay their loved one to rest.
One would think they would like to know, so I hope you did decide to send an acknowledgement to his family. Again... good work. I am humbled to just be a member of Wesleuth's because of the meaningful research that happens here.

Bobby Donlick was one of my best friends in high school. Thank you for your placing him for his family. I was reaching out to track him down and all I received was a small writeup, and am trying to piece together what actually happened to him. I guess I need to register for all of these sites to try an put this together. Bobby was a sweet, tough, cool buddy to have in school - always ready even as a little guy, to jump into the fray to stand up for his friends. I taught Bobby to sail when we were ~ 14 years old. He was typical Italian, scared of the water, but not scared to throw a punch. He was always there for anyone, with a quick laugh. That's who you helped lay to rest, I just thought you should know. I don't know what he was up to as an adult, but our true selves and souls are who we were as kids. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back