DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slightly bitter sweet note, I noticed The Playtime Project whilst reading up on things - they most certainly would have had contact with Relisha and they provide a great support for homeless children - This is one cause I would not mind helping.
http://www.playtimeproject.org/get-involved/

BBM. Yes, IIRC, they did have contact with Relisha, and they held a candlelight vigil for her when she went missing.

ETA: Bouncing of your post, just found this link. Relisha did participate in their program.
http://www.playtimeproject.org/2014/03/help-us-find-relisha-rudd/

ETA2: Candlelight Vigil for Relisha Rudd
http://www.wusa9.com/picture-galler...s-candlelight-vigil-for-relisha-rudd/6794363/

BBM. Yes, IIRC, they did have contact with Relisha, and they held a candlelight vigil for her when she went missing.

ETA: Bouncing of your post, just found this link. Relisha did participate in their program.
http://www.playtimeproject.org/2014/03/help-us-find-relisha-rudd/

ETA2: Candlelight Vigil for Relisha Rudd
http://www.wusa9.com/picture-galler...s-candlelight-vigil-for-relisha-rudd/6794363/

I remember it now, I think some of RR missing pics were taken by them at play time - I haven't got much but I'm going to donate a backpack for a child in need to them, I feel so helpless over Relisha , in some small way I think this will ease my heart slightly. Children cannot control their circumstances , they just want to be kids.

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9
‏@RussPtacek
#RelishaRudd: $4,000 March 20 check to mom from settlement related to this 2013 crash says grandmother. @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/0xn14GjrYn
(photo of the car at that link)

Well, here we are getting ready for thread #5, and no Relisha. I really thought Relisha would have been found during the searches. I wonder if KLT hid Relisha somewhere just outside the park? Could KLT have made it look as if he was in the park for several hours on purpose? On March 2 KLT had not yet been desperate enough to kill his wife in a hotel room, and may have hoped at that time that as long as Relisha was not found he could buy himself more time to think of what to do next.

Could KLT have left his cell phone in the park intentionally? Or could he have had trouble digging? Would the ground have been too hard on March 2 for KLT to have dug a hole? Is it possible KLT tried to hide Relisha in the park but could not do so the way he intended to do? Could KLT have then thought about an alternative to the park that would also account for him being at that park on that day?

I think I'm giving KLT too much credit. Possible Scenario: I think he may have run into problems trying to dig in the park that day and decided to do something else. KLT had spent enough time in the park for his cell phone to ping there. He ran into problems so decided on another place to hide Relisha. Whatever KLT decided on next would also be close enough to the park that he would take as little chance as possible being seen carrying anything suspicious. KLT leaves the shovel, lime and bags in the park, and may have even thought to hide his cell phone there too, while he disposes of Relisha nearby. ( Sorry for having to type that) Or KLT runs into problems using the shovel, and decides the nearby river is the only other choice he has and thats where he put Relisha. Or KLT just got lucky in his choice for a burial spot.

Uugh. I just don't know why Relisha hasn't been found! I really am just trying to figure out what KLT may have done based on what we do know, and I think he did bury Relisha in that park, but the searches couldn't find her. On March 2, would the ground have been too frozen still or too hard for KLT to successfully dispose of Relisha?

I hate KLT.

Well, here we are getting ready for thread #5, and no Relisha. I really thought Relisha would have been found during the searches. I wonder if KLT hid Relisha somewhere just outside the park? Could KLT have made it look as if he was in the park for several hours on purpose? On March 2 KLT had not yet been desperate enough to kill his wife in a hotel room, and may have hoped at that time that as long as Relisha was not found he could buy himself more time to think of what to do next.

Could KLT have left his cell phone in the park intentionally? Or could he have had trouble digging? Would the ground have been too hard on March 2 for KLT to have dug a hole? Is it possible KLT tried to hide Relisha in the park but could not do so the way he intended to do? Could KLT have then thought about an alternative to the park that would also account for him being at that park on that day?

I think I'm giving KLT too much credit. Possible Scenario: I think he may have run into problems trying to dig in the park that day and decided to do something else. KLT had spent enough time in the park for his cell phone to ping there. He ran into problems so decided on another place to hide Relisha. Whatever KLT decided on next would also be close enough to the park that he would take as little chance as possible being seen carrying anything suspicious. KLT leaves the shovel, lime and bags in the park, and may have even thought to hide his cell phone there too, while he disposes of Relisha nearby. ( Sorry for having to type that) Or KLT runs into problems using the shovel, and decides the nearby river is the only other choice he has and thats where he put Relisha. Or KLT just got lucky in his choice for a burial spot.

Uugh. I just don't know why Relisha hasn't been found! I really am just trying to figure out what KLT may have done based on what we do know, and I think he did bury Relisha in that park, but the searches couldn't find her. On March 2, would the ground have been too frozen still or too hard for KLT to successfully dispose of Relisha?

I hate KLT.

March 2 was rather warm (45 degrees) compared to the prior week, here in DC. I remember the last week of february was brutally cold and it was snowing. I don't know about ground conditions as I'm not much of a digger (haha), so I have no idea how hard the ground would have been.

Sidenote: I'm still stuck in my office in DC and haven't been able to escape to take the metro into VA to see about the park where I saw searches being conducted by K-9s. Did KT or Relisha have ties to Prince William County? because I definitely saw PWC units there, in addition to Alexandria units and the Mobile Command Unit. Again, this could have been completely unrelated to Relisha, but I'd still like to check it out.

I remember it now, I think some of RR missing pics were taken by them at play time - I haven't got much but I'm going to donate a backpack for a child in need to them, I feel so helpless over Relisha , in some small way I think this will ease my heart slightly. Children cannot control their circumstances , they just want to be kids.

BBM. So true. Sadly, many kids (myself included back then) have such horrible, traumatic childhoods, they can't just BE kids. So sad! :cry:

I think it's awesome that you're going to donate a backpack!!! Every little bit helps, and I know some child will enjoy and benefit from your generosity! :loveyou:

I hate KLT.

BBM. Me too!!! I can't stand to see his pics, makes me physically ill. Evil, pure evil, IMO.

The pics of the shoes and money were originally uploaded by TW in Feb, reposted in March. I don't know why Relisha wasn't pictured w/ shoes, but there is much confusion about the date, it was FEB.

The ground was indeed frozen when KT was in the park.

I just thought of something. There were people saying SY had a settlement from April and saying how fast it was... I thought the document show said April 2013, which would have been a year ago.
Anyway, my gut says she is alive and was sold. We need to find her. And if she was killed... I want that dump checked. It's crazy that they don't even try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's cold, and a very cold rain today. It reflects my mood well.

You know, I was just thinking, and it takes an awfully cold hearted, a@@hole to not only disappear a child, commit suicide, but then to leave no note telling what you've done! What would be the harm in telling if you're going to kill yourself, then you can't be charged or punished for your actions! So to take that knowledge with you to death, well... I hope there is a hell, and I hope he's on fire for eternity!!!

It reminds me so much of Trenton Duckette, and his mom committing suicide, and leaving NO closure for those left behind. A constant heartache of never knowing where Trenton is, alive or not.

I just thought of something. There were people saying SY had a settlement from April and saying how fast it was... I thought the document show said April 2013, which would have been a year ago.
Anyway, my gut says she is alive and was sold. We need to find her. And if she was killed... I want that dump checked. It's crazy that they don't even try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes me think of Somer Thompson's case, if they had the same attitude Somer would never have been found but they listened to a constables hunch and went to the dump

And another thought, in the past when Tatum was caught, knew the chance of getting prison time, he didn't kill himself. So whatever he did this time, he knew he would never see the outside those bars. Wonder what the punishment for abduction is? For trafficking? Of course we know he killed his wife, BUT, before he did that, which again makes no sense if you're going to kill yourself anyway, BUT, before committing the murder of his wife, he was going to work, and apparently wasn't afraid of getting caught for anything. I don't know what his plan of course. Yet I'm wondering why his actions. They really don't add up. So theory... he never expected Relisha to be reported as missing. We know that in early March he spoke with the school when the school was concerned about her missing so much school. He gave them a bogus story about her being treated. He must have thought that was enough to keep the questions from coming. Wonder what Relisha's family was doing during this time? Were they asking about Relisha? Were they concerned she wasn't going to school? Then the heat was on. On March 19th, more questions, and this time wanting to meet with Tatum. I would imagine a flurry of phone calls at this point from family to Tatum. He couldn't produce Relisha for whatever reason. So he flees the shelter. The meeting at the hotel, again, reason unknown. But, Tatum didn't kill the others that were at the hotel. He killed his wife. WHY? Was his plan to flee the area? Andrea knew too much?? Even if she did know something, I don't see the purpose in killing her. Maybe it wasn't until after he killed her that he decided on suicide? I don't know. I can't figure out what his plan was! Why kill Andrea, and not leave the hotel in your vehicle, hop on the Metro, or whatever he did after that point, and leave the area? Why was it important that Andrea be killed? Even if left alive, if he was fleeing the area, doubtful it would have made a difference. If he was going to commit suicide, why not right there in the hotel room after he murdered Andrea? What happened after he left the hotel room that made him eventually end up a the park dead?

And the reality...we may never know the answers to any of my questions above. :( How does one go on not knowing? How does one breath each day not knowing where their child is? *sigh*

Sometimes I really hate twitter. Someone posted something totally untrue on twitter and doing a search of Relisha's name, I came upon the post. Why are people so careless???

It's cold, and a very cold rain today. It reflects my mood well.

You know, I was just thinking, and it takes an awfully cold hearted, a@@hole to not only disappear a child, commit suicide, but then to leave no note telling what you've done! What would be the harm in telling if you're going to kill yourself, then you can't be charged or punished for your actions! So to take that knowledge with you to death, well... I hope there is a hell, and I hope he's on fire for eternity!!!

It reminds me so much of Trenton Duckette, and his mom committing suicide, and leaving NO closure for those left behind. A constant heartache of never knowing where Trenton is, alive or not.

The only thing I could think of is if Relisha was sold and KT was part of a larger "ring", and didn't want that ring exposed. Could have been threatened by others. Suicide in the park would make it look like he killed himself where he killed Relisha..throw off LE. He knew he was wanted for Relisha missing and AT's murder. The heat was on! Just one of many thoughts...

And another thought, in the past when Tatum was caught, knew the chance of getting prison time, he didn't kill himself. So whatever he did this time, he knew he would never see the outside those bars. Wonder what the punishment for abduction is? For trafficking? Of course we know he killed his wife, BUT, before he did that, which again makes no sense if you're going to kill yourself anyway, BUT, before committing the murder of his wife, he was going to work, and apparently wasn't afraid of getting caught for anything. I don't know what his plan of course. Yet I'm wondering why his actions. They really don't add up. So theory... he never expected Relisha to be reported as missing. We know that in early March he spoke with the school when the school was concerned about her missing so much school. He gave them a bogus story about her being treated. He must have thought that was enough to keep the questions from coming. Wonder what Relisha's family was doing during this time? Were they asking about Relisha? Were they concerned she wasn't going to school? Then the heat was on. On March 19th, more questions, and this time wanting to meet with Tatum. I would imagine a flurry of phone calls at this point from family to Tatum. He couldn't produce Relisha for whatever reason. So he flees the shelter. The meeting at the hotel, again, reason unknown. But, Tatum didn't kill the others that were at the hotel. He killed his wife. WHY? Was his plan to flee the area? Andrea knew too much?? Even if she did know something, I don't see the purpose in killing her. Maybe it wasn't until after he killed her that he decided on suicide? I don't know. I can't figure out what his plan was! Why kill Andrea, and not leave the hotel in your vehicle, hop on the Metro, or whatever he did after that point, and leave the area? Why was it important that Andrea be killed? Even if left alive, if he was fleeing the area, doubtful it would have made a difference. If he was going to commit suicide, why not right there in the hotel room after he murdered Andrea? What happened after he left the hotel room that made him eventually end up a the park dead?

These are the same questions that go through my mind all the time! We are missing some key information. It keeps going back to that "meeting" at the Red Roof Inn for me. What was said and by who? There's 3 people with KLT and AKT. RSL and two others, one of which is probably a woman. Who's idea was this "meeting"? Who decided on the Red Roof Inn rather than KLT/AKT apt.? Why did KLT leave incriminating evidence in his apt. such as the photo of Relisha, the cell phones, passports, ect.? Why kill AKT? What role do RSL and the two others have in all this? I think this "meeting" has to be connected to Relisha, because the heat was coming down on KLT and this is what he had to "deal with" immediately.

So many unanswered questions.

Where is Relisha?

And the reality...we may never know the answers to any of my questions above. :( How does one go on not knowing? How does one breath each day not knowing where their child is? *sigh*

I'm sure SY, MYT, AW/TW and other Young family members will go along not knowing just fine. It's us and the many, many other people who care about Relisha who will have a very hard time not knowing. Sadly, her own "parents" and family do not.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 6m
#BREAKING @DCPoliceDept id's and interviews man in video, but says it's no closer to finding #RelishaRudd @wusa9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77