GUILTY VA - Yeardley Love, 22, UVA student, beaten to death, Charlottesville, May 2010 *civil trial 2022*

GH shows ALOT of rage. Hard for me to believe that this is a first time offense. IMO

On NG (hopefully someone will link her transcript or a video of her show) a reporter stated that GH does have a prior record and during one incident he had to be tased by a female officer to subdue him--- he was reported to have threatened to kill her.

Friends Shocked By Huguely's Murder Arrest

CHEVY CHASE, Md. - People who know murder suspect George Huguely say they're stunned to learn of the allegations against him.

Huguely, 22, a University of Virginia senior and lacrosse player, is accused of beating his ex-girlfriend, Yeardley Love, to death. He is charged with first-degree murder and remains held without bond.

Huguely comes from a longtime Washington family, whose money's rooted in the 100-year-old Galliher and Huguely Lumber and Building Supply company.

His father, George, branched out into real estate, but over the years has been embroiled in lawsuits over deals gone bad.

More at link...

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0510/732633.html

I don't see how this could be called an "accident".

"Accident" comes from his defense lawyer, so what would you expect a defense lawyer to say?
It sounds like his client already made incriminating statements so it's not like his defense lawyer is going to argue his client didn't do it.

"Accident" comes from his defense lawyer, so what would you expect a defense lawyer to say?
It sounds like his client already made incriminating statements so it's not like his defense lawyer is going to argue his client didn't do it.
I think defense attoneys have a whole list of phrases to choose from, when their clients are facing such charges. He could have said something like, this will be argued in the court room, but to argue accident when the facts show everything but that, is absurd.

I think defense attoneys have a whole list of phrases to choose from, when their clients are facing such charges. He could have said something like, this will be argued in the court room, but to argue accident when the facts show everything but that, is absurd.

I think he is trying to downgrade it from the first degree murder.

What a tragic and senseless situation. My heart aches for both families.

I agree with bee charmer. Girl breaks up with jock boyfriend. He "the entitled one" sends threatening emails. Than he kicks in her door and beats her to death. Accident my a--!!!!! Check out the comment to the editor about possible history of domestic violence with prior girlfriends and our victim. If I was PD I'd be interviewing every woman he dated.
Not all, but alot of jocks have problems with aggression and anger management.. My youngest daughter was a collegiate swimmer and dated the swim team captain for several years. Nice guy-----till he got absolutely blitzed and kicked her in the abdomen twice and tried to strangle her because she wanted to go home---alone. Her teammates called the cops and he was arrested. But, he remained on the team and continued to compete. In fact the coaching staff wanted to keep it all hush-hush.. I was totally shocked and outraged. I would never have believed it possible. Jen had handmarks on her neck and fractured capilliaries in her eyes..

PS-Alot of these guys are protected by coaching staff and answer to no one!!!!!!!

PS-Alot of these guys are protected by coaching staff and answer to no one!!!!!!!

There are men who play no sports yet abuse their wives or girlfriends, so what does it really have to do with athletics?

So tragic for both these families, especially Yeardley's. She surely was a beautiful and gifted girl. Her smile is one of the sweetest I've seen on a girl her age. What in the world could have caused Huguely to become so violent and kill her? Had to have been a bad combination of jealousy and alcohol on his part.

There are men who play no sports yet abuse their wives or girlfriends, so what does it really have to do with athletics?

That's true. They come from all walks of life and economic circumstances. I'm afraid we have a generation of young people who are completely unable to deal with any kind of rejection or adversity. And they are so often quick to violent behavior. They seem to believe they're entitled. Nothing good can come of that.

Actually the link between athletes and domestic violence has been studied for decades and some studies have shown a definite increase in numbers of incidents among athletes vs. non-athletes. One study of several colleges showed that while the male athletes comprised only 3.3% of population they were accused of 19% of sexual attacks on female students.
anyway, here is a link to an article about this topic if anyone is interested...
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azetc/articles/0107badsports0107.html?&wired

apparently he waived his mirandas

clearly not an experienced criminal IMO

looking at his eyes in his mugshot makes me think he was under the influence of something ...

When I look at his mugshot I see "arrogant jerk".

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/4/1457740/yeardley-love-george-huguely-court-documents-case-details

Love was discovered face down on her pillow in a pool of blood, according to the witnesses. And, according to the responding police, there was a large bruise on her face which appeared to be caused by “blunt force trauma.” Additionally, Love’s right eye was swollen shut, and she had other marks on her chin.

George Huguely waived his Miranda rights and reportedly admitted to police that he did shake Love the night of her death, and that the shaking forced her head to hit the wall several times. Huguely also confessed to kicking in the door to her bedroom.

also in an update at this website

Update: George Huguely Has Criminal Record; Guilty Of Resisting Arrest, Public Intoxication In '09We certainly don’t want to imply that a misdemeanor could be in some way connected to UVA lacrosse player George Huguely allegedly murdering Yeardley Love, but he does have a criminal past. Which is relevant, regardless of how serious it is.

According to court documents from Rockbridge County, VA, George Huguely was convicted of resisting arrested and public intoxication in 2009 stemming from an incident in November of 2008. The punishment was six months probation and a $100 fine.

He was so disorderly LE had to taze him. Sorry if already posted:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-murder-suspect-scion-of-prominent-dc-family/

Yet not all was golden in Huguely’s career before his May 3 murder arrest. In November 2008, he was arrested for public drunkenness and resisting arrest in Rockbridge County, charges for which he pleaded guilty and received probation and a 60-day suspended sentence.

“He said: ‘I’ll kill you. I’ll kill all of y’all. I’m not going to jail,’ ” the arresting officer was quoted in her recall of Huguely’s alleged statements that night in a breaking story on WashingtonPost.com.

The Post quotes the officer as fighting Huguely until she Tasered him, a deed that “incapacitated him long enough for me to get cuffs on him. But that just pissed him off even more. He became a lot more aggressive.”

That's true. They come from all walks of life and economic circumstances. I'm afraid we have a generation of young people who are completely unable to deal with any kind of rejection or adversity. And they are so often quick to violent behavior. They seem to believe they're entitled. Nothing good can come of that.

Hey Fairy,

Alas - a brief study of history tells us that we have these people in every generation! Nothing new under the sun and all that.

My prayers for both of these families and for the community.

South

He was so disorderly LE had to taze him. Sorry if already posted:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-murder-suspect-scion-of-prominent-dc-family/

Yet not all was golden in Huguely’s career before his May 3 murder arrest. In November 2008, he was arrested for public drunkenness and resisting arrest in Rockbridge County, charges for which he pleaded guilty and received probation and a 60-day suspended sentence.

“He said: ‘I’ll kill you. I’ll kill all of y’all. I’m not going to jail,’ ” the arresting officer was quoted in her recall of Huguely’s alleged statements that night in a breaking story on WashingtonPost.com.

The Post quotes the officer as fighting Huguely until she Tasered him, a deed that “incapacitated him long enough for me to get cuffs on him. But that just pissed him off even more. He became a lot more aggressive.”

It sounds like he was an angry drunk. It's very sad. I dated an angry drunk all through college. He used to hit and shake me and I could have definitely ended up like Yeardley.

I certainly don't think Hugely meant to do this. It is very sad regardless. I hope he can learn to manage his anger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back