NY - Mona Llanes, 49, brutally murdered, East Patchogue, 26 March 2007

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
BY CHRISTINE ARMARIO AND HERBERT LOWE -- The husband of a Suffolk woman found beaten to death was found hours later apparently trying to commit suicide, police said Tuesday.

A police officer on patrol found Nelson Llanes, 48, unconscious inside a pickup truck behind a bar on Main Street in East Patchogue at 1 a.m. Tuesday, Suffolk Police Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said.

A hose attached to the vehicle's exhaust pipe was dispensing carbon monoxide into its seating area, Fitzpatrick said at a news conference at Police Department's headquarters in Yaphank.

More at link
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lidead0328,0,4934901.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Hmm, I wonder who beat the poor woman to death?

i know its horrible.this is getting alot of coverage here.plus that area where it happened is pretty nice

I wish he had finished the job on himself, but maybe it's better that he goes through the long judicial process.

Of course, I'm assuming he's the guilty party!

I wonder what happened to cause this.

If my daughter was found beaten to death, I might do the same thing - it doesn't take guilt to set off depression that deep. Just a thought.

I think that we will find out that the husband murdered the wife. According to the article there was trouble even though they were getting a divorce. The wife thought he was stalking her and he thought she had a boyfriend. I'm glad that he didn't succeed with the suicide. He beat his wife to death and left her there for their daughter to find when she came home. He deserves to go to prison and pay for his crime.

Nelson L. Llanes

Housed: Sing Sing
Date Received: 07/09/2008

Offense: 1st Degree Manslaughter
Sentence: 20 years

Earliest Release Date: 05/12/2024
Maximum Expiration Date: 03/24/2027

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors