Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't CA get on tv and use ZG name IIRC..that may be a case to prove she knew something???
I am clueless on this but ZG has a right to clear her name now not after the trial.

That they do ! Has a motion been filed ?

The Anthony's lawyer said attorney John Morgan's plan to depose the Anthonys in front of the press is ludicrous. He plans to ask a judge to at least postpone the depositions until the Anthonys are in better shape psychologically to answer more questions.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18775504/detail.html

and that will be uhhhhhhh NEVER.....:snooty:-----think if ga can go "help" rc with Haielgh then......yep--think he can answer a few questons....along with being on national tv ---- think they can!!!!! unless....:liar::liar:

They have a right to file a motion with the court asking that the subpoena be quashed or modified. It will then be up to the judge.

I believe the person ment what legal reasoning/law/etc can the Anthonys use.

A motion can be just a time waster, not always 'fight.'

What can they use to "fight" this? What law, what reasoning. If they have nothing, then they are just 'time wasting/delaying'. Not fighting.

Like the poster who asked, I'm also curious as to what the Antony's can do to fight this.

Didn't CA get on tv and use ZG name IIRC..that may be a case to prove she knew something???
I am clueless on this but ZG has a right to clear her name now not after the trial.

Everyone and their dog has asserted that this woman is not the ZG of Casey's fables. Her name is cleared. This is not about clearing her name.

Is there some kind of deadline for filing motions ? They are to be deposed on Thursday am. I was looking forward to seeing BC doing the real lawyer gig in a courtroom - you know defending a motion, citing cases, etc ? :rolleyes:

Is there some kind of deadline for filing motions ? They are to be deposed on Thursday am. I was looking forward to seeing BC doing the real lawyer gig in a courtroom - you know defending a motion, citing cases, etc ? :rolleyes:

You should change your name to "Shameless at the Rock" :p

and that will be uhhhhhhh NEVER.....:snooty:-----think if ga can go "help" rc with Haielgh then......yep--think he can answer a few questons....along with being on national tv ---- think they can!!!!! unless....:liar::liar:

Him helping wiht the Haielgh thing, might be healing for him. To me that is different. Except "Kidfinders" is a stand around and watch others do the work sort of thing. Them showing up is more a PR thing, then 'help' at that point.

AS for lying, I don't think that is the problem. They don't know what Casey's story will be, so they can't lie in support of it. The only problem is remembering what they said before. When they thought there was a real ZG. What they know now and what they knew then, is 2 different things. If Cindy was saying what she thought to be true, then she wasn't lying.

Remembering what you thought to be true, isn't as easy as it seems.. Remembering would also bring up the 'why' you thought as you did. And all the emotions of being lied to by someone you trust. And to being gullible (might feel shame). Lots of stuff it would be dragging up that might effect ones recall of it all.

It doesn't have to be that they were or are lying.

I agree with the point someone else made... If Cindy and George are well enough to assist in Haleigh's dissapearance than they can answer questions from Mr. Morgan.

Even though Cindy and George have said that this is not the ZFG that "kidnapped" Caylee... ZFG deserves to know when and under what circumstances ZFG was originally mentioned to them by Casey.

This very may well be the ZFG that Casey was talking about since it is a possibility that Casey was able to obtain ZFG name from the Sawgrass Apt.'s. Just because Casey says this is not the ZFG that "kidnapped" Caylee doesn't mean that this isn't the ZFG that Casey mentioned... simply because there is no ZFG that "kidnapped" Caylee. She doesn't exist and Casey is still responsible for ZFG having to be dragged into this whole mess.

A lot of people have had to deal with a murdered child or grandchild so Cindy and George need to stop thinking that they are the only people to ever go through this. They are also not the first parents to see their child charged with the murder of their grandchild. It happens more than I like to see.

If George and Cindy were so unstable WHY would anyone allow them near a family that is dealing with their daughter being abducted. What good could come out of that for the family whose child is missing? George and Cindy have their own unfinished business to deal with and the first thing on that list is meeting with Mr. Morgan for their deposition.

Everyone and their dog has asserted that this woman is not the ZG of Casey's fables. Her name is cleared. This is not about clearing her name.

??? That is your opinion. You have a right to it.

I disagree. And I'm thankful that she has the right to go after those who put her in that mess.

To many times people think they can do and say what ever they want to people and about people. Not caring what damage it does to others. It is wrong. Folks need to be reminded of it.

Stuff like this, it isn't just about them. It's about anyone of us. It can happen to any of us.

ETA: I think it's important to talk about stuff like this. It reminds all of us that what we say can harm others. In ways that we don't intend. It might remind us to talk to our kids about it. So they also learn. It seems that being responsible in this way, has gotten lost. People don't think they should be responsible for what they start, with what they say.

I think Conway might try to claim bereavement, but so could Luka, I mean, Lee loved Caylee too.

Wonder if cindy is okay with Lee not fighting it?:waitasec:

BC trying to claiming bereavement :waitasec: Believe me and anyone else who has had a family member pass that no court, SSA, or anyone who is owed money of the deceased is given a "pass" for bereavement purposes. Depositions are treated the same. You have a certain amount of time to file paperwork and when a court date is set, you have to appear. The most bereavement you will receive is if you get a sympathetic person you talk to will say they are sorry.

But as far as BC using bereavement as an excuse as to why his clients cannot be deposed, I don't buy or like it. If they physically or mentally cannot answer questions, they they should be admitted and re-admitted for hospitalization.

BC trying to claiming bereavement :waitasec: Believe me and anyone else who has had a family member pass that no court, SSA, or anyone who is owed money of the deceased is given a "pass" for bereavement purposes. Depositions are treated the same. You have a certain amount of time to file paperwork and when a court date is set, you have to appear. The most bereavement you will receive is if you get a sympathetic person you talk to will say they are sorry.

But as far as BC using bereavement as an excuse as to why his clients cannot be deposed, I don't buy or like it. If they physically or mentally cannot answer questions, they they should be admitted and re-admitted for hospitalization.
Yes and how long is he going to use this excuse ? He is dragging it out just so that his clients don't have to answer to their "mis truths". I don't remember LA or GA saying that much about ZG, but CA surely has. There are many questions that, she in particular, will have to answer and I bet LE is anxious to hear some of the responses.

??? That is your opinion. You have a right to it.

I disagree. And I'm thankful that she has the right to go after those who put her in that mess.

To many times people think they can do and say what ever they want to people and about people. Not caring what damage it does to others. It is wrong. Folks need to be reminded of it.

Stuff like this, it isn't just about them. It's about anyone of us. It can happen to any of us.

ETA: I think it's important to talk about stuff like this. It reminds all of us that what we say can harm others. In ways that we don't intend. It might remind us to talk to our kids about it. So they also learn. It seems that being responsible in this way, has gotten lost. People don't think they should be responsible for what they start, with what they say.

They have never met this woman, have never met the fake ZG, have only information from Casey as to what the woman looks like, and have asserted that this woman does not fit the description they have been given. This is a shameless attempt to get money or notoriety and I will not pretend it is anything otherwise.

I'm all for holding people accountable for what they say. However, all I have ever heard the Anthony's (ALL of them!) say is this is not the woman that was described to them. It's ridiculous to pretend that they were the ones who forced this woman into the public eye. She crawled out into that limelight. She was investigated just like so many other people AND WAS CLEARED by LE and they have at every turn made that statement. She will never achieve anything more than that even through the lawsuit except money. The Anthony's have NEVER insinuated that this woman was in any way involved. That will be all she will get in a deposition, as well.

Im not a huge fan of the money sucking Anthony family, but I firmly believe they have no reason to have to be compelled to answer this frivolous lawsuit with anything more than what they have already given, which was from the very first to say "We do not know who this woman is."

debs, you know I'm usually there applauding your impressive and compelling posts but on this one I have to disagree. Either way, whether we personally feel the case is a good thing or a greedy thing, the fact remains that G & C must comply with the courts, whether they want to or not. It's out of their control.

In another thead, elementary referred to their "extra special grief." (Post is here. And I'm so disappointed that thread didn't reopen!) That's how I see it too. They seem to expect all sorts of passes due to their "extra special grief." And apparently think that's an excuse that won't wear thin. It's been a couple of weeks since the memorial and a couple of months since Caylee was id'd. I doubt the court would accept that excuse without some pretty heavy endorsement from a doctor or at least a psychologist.

Even with a doc there to testify as to their mental state, it may not be readily accepted. I also think that going to the Haleigh search would negate what may have been a given as far as appearance of inability. And CA? Well, what can I say about her that won't aggravate someone? ;)

Morgan, imo, absolutely wants to nail them down to specific answers and not just to clear his client's name or to get big $$$. I think he is also interested in helping get justice in the criminal case. Does anyone know if they've talked with LE again yet?

Ok, I tried to behave but I have to throw this out there too: My thoughts on the requested immunity are that they're not so much concerned about probation or fines that would likely be the worst sentence they'd face. No, if they're convicted of anything related to this case, they won't be able to make money from it. I think Morgan wants to help prevent that too.

debs, you know I'm usually there applauding your impressive and compelling posts but on this one I have to disagree. Either way, whether we personally feel the case is a good thing or a greedy thing, the fact remains that G & C must comply with the courts, whether they want to or not. It's out of their control.

In another thead, elementary referred to their "extra special grief." (Post is here. And I'm so disappointed that thread didn't reopen!) That's how I see it too. They seem to expect all sorts of passes due to their "extra special grief." And apparently think that's an excuse that won't wear thin. It's been a couple of weeks since the memorial and a couple of months since Caylee was id'd. I doubt the court would accept that excuse without some pretty heavy endorsement from a doctor or at least a psychologist.

Even with a doc there to testify as to their mental state, it may not be readily accepted. I also think that going to the Haleigh search would negate what may have been a given as far as appearance of inability. And CA? Well, what can I say about her that won't aggravate someone? ;)

Morgan, imo, absolutely wants to nail them down to specific answers and not just to clear his client's name or to get big $$$. I think he is also interested in helping get justice in the criminal case. Does anyone know if they've talked with LE again yet?

Ok, I tried to behave but I have to throw this out there too: My thoughts on the requested immunity are that they're not so much concerned about probation or fines that would likely be the worst sentence they'd face. No, if they're convicted of anything related to this case, they won't be able to make money from it. I think Morgan wants to help prevent that too.

I agree absolutely that they should shut up about their extra special grief (gag). They managed to do a lot of self-serving things throughout their grief so it's a BS claim as far as I'm concerned. I specifically believe they should never have been subpoenaed in the first place, not due to their grief (gag) but because it's a BS lawsuit in the first place.

I think whatever they may face on any other front is their own problem and dodging those problems because of their special grief (gag) is also BS.

But this lawsuit is ridiculous and stretches the imagination as to how any judge could have felt there was cause enough to carry it forward. She was not wronged in any sense of the word by these people. She in fact has had them state from the very first that this is not someone they know. LE has cleared her. And yet this carries on, not for merit, but for greed. And I find that despicable.

Yes and how long is he going to use this excuse ? He is dragging it out just so that his clients don't have to answer to their "mis truths". I don't remember LA or GA saying that much about ZG, but CA surely has. There are many questions that, she in particular, will have to answer and I bet LE is anxious to hear some of the responses.

There ya' go again. 100% agree. And remember, folks, the night before or two days before Caylee was found, CA was on LKL blaming Zenaida the babysitter again. Probably would still be doing it but for it was about that time that BC came into the picture and put a stop to the public appearances.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndga-NzEIs&feature=channel_page

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNCHyDa83Y&feature=channel_page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads