Receipts Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer comes up with is 68.92 plus 6.5% equals 73.3998, round up 73.40

At 6.5% sales tax the item would cost $68.92

That's an odd price. To me it say's probably a clearance or sale item. I think JCP does mark downs at 25% & 50%. What do stores mark for sale or clearance in June-July? Things that come to mind are items people want for the summer, esp July 4, swim suits, pation furniture, grills, LUGGAGE. JCP sells a wide price range of luggage, the 68.92 sounds about right for a markdown price of a large rolling suitcase.

http://www.eflorida.com/profiles/CountyReport.asp?CountyID=29&Display=all

Not that I wouldn't trust the omniscience of "ask Yahoo" and the other places my search took me.

But I have the Orange County site and that indicates that the local option added in is .5, so that it would be 6.5.

:waitasec:I am just assuming the JCP is in Orange County. Is this correct.
Thanks.:blowkiss:

If this is the Fashion Square Mall JCP then it is in Orange County. Seminole and Volusia are also 6.5% sales tax. :) No link handy, but remember reading somewhere in last couple of days that it was from the Fashion Square Mall, which is on 50 (Colonial Drive) approaching downtown Orlando.

I don't shop JCP that often but a lot of stores price items so that the final price with tax comes to an even amount. Walmart for example does it.

One of the things that Lee A picked up from Tony's was an animal print duffle bag that had some of her clothes in it.

JC P has a Jaguar Animal Print Rolling Duffle that listed for $110.00.
This item at 40% off brings it down to $66.00. Add something for $2.92 and you have your price of 68.92 plus the sales tax for a total of 73.40 purchase. The item for 2.92 was most likely something in the 10.99 range that has been marked down once, than again and is ‘off the books’ [torn package, as it item etc] and that is why it has a ending number that is not JP C’s standard ending number of. .00, .50 or .99. This is an internal system indicator number that a retailer will use to ‘code’ how a product moves from full retail to standard sale discounts to seasonal or style clearance to ‘its out of here’ price. As an example each retailer uses his or her own system and if you shop somewhere long enough you can figure it out. .00 is full list, .99 is what they consider their regular price, 98 is a sale price, 97 is a clearance and .95 is final sales no return item.

She also had some type of carry case for the laptop but I did not find one that seemed to fit this pricing point unless it was one of those getting rid of the line, not carrying this anymore items.

Of course this amount could be a combination of more than just 2 items. Clothing is not taxed so she could have bought a something to wear to the clubs for that price also. Without the actual receipt it is really hard to figure out.

we know Casey saves receipts - We really need receipts from 6/16 to 6/27 these are the crucial one to add to the timeline. I remember reading that she usually used credit cards. Im sure LE can get copy of Credit Card receipts but cash receipts (money taken from Grandfather and who know else) cant be duplicated . These most likely were left in her purse at Amscot.

Would be great to know what was in that purse.

If this is the Fashion Square Mall JCP then it is in Orange County. Seminole and Volusia are also 6.5% sales tax. :) No link handy, but remember reading somewhere in last couple of days that it was from the Fashion Square Mall, which is on 50 (Colonial Drive) approaching downtown Orlando.

Thanks Shadow:blowkiss:And thanks to all who are doing the calculating on the comp. Way beyond my techno-ability.

Is it possible that her purchase @ JCP was a replacement for something? Maybe, she wrapped Caylee in her Pooh bedspread and then replaced it so CA wouldn't know. Or is it possible that she purchased something for Caylee to wear when she buried her. I know KC is a heartless b*^%$ so it was probably something to bury her in, but who knows?

...consider...

Whatever the 6/30 purchase was, it was from JCPenney's because:

a) Casey was preserving cash by using Cindy's cc for things she could get @ JCP, and/or
b) It was on sale @ JCP, also helping to preserve cash, and/or
c) It was unique to JCP and had a specific purpose or meaning

Note that after the JCP purchase Casey made a small purchase @ Target a few hours later. Then she went back the next day, 7/1, for a $31.93 (tax incl) purchase on cc. Hmmm...

She was also back at Fashion Square JCPenneys on 7/1 for another purchase a little over $30

$31.93 to be exact. ($29.99 if I'm calculating right, pre-tax)

ETA:(oops, just saw you already posted that BJBond) :)

Is it possible that her purchase @ JCP was a replacement for something? Maybe, she wrapped Caylee in her Pooh bedspread and then replaced it so CA wouldn't know. Or is it possible that she purchased something for Caylee to wear when she buried her. I know KC is a heartless b*^%$ so it was probably something to bury her in, but who knows?
the blanket...how right on the money!

JBean suggested I might bring this over here from the questions thread, so here goes:

Do we know what the items were on the JCPenny receipt and the exact date of the purchase? Someone speculated (after doing some great research) - that the $79 and change that the receipt was for was the exact cost of an entire Winnie the Pooh bedding set. I know for awhile there was speculation it was jewelry and that got tossed aside.

The reason I was wondering about the date was, I remember that CA threw a fit about giving the receipt to LE and then said she had handed it over to JB. I was thinking that perhaps KC (since the blanket I assume came from the initial set was with Caylee and might be seen as missing) replaced the entire set because she could not find separate items.

It always struck me as odd that CA told Greta or Jennifer D that she washed Caylee's bed linens once or twice a week (all of us moms thought that was extremely strange as when a baby is missing - even on a visit -, and most certainly if they have died, we would want to keep their little baby smell close to us until it eventually disappeared).

The fact CA was continuously washing the bed linens makes me wonder when it exactly was she may have decided they needed to look worn. WHEN did she notice a change (if any) - it had to have been after the date of the JCPenny receipt (assuming that was a bedset). But if it was well before KC was arrested, I'm not only surprised it wasn't a part of CA's anemic "red flags" that she had but kept denying were there, but that it would also not signify the fact that she knew something was very wrong and was trying to cover it up well before it all broke wide open.

TIA to all of you with good memories and amazing search skills (it's an art as much as a science, and I'm just not as "artistic" with my Boolean skills).

JBean suggested I might bring this over here from the questions thread, so here goes:

Do we know what the items were on the JCPenny receipt and the exact date of the purchase? Someone speculated (after doing some great research) - that the $79 and change that the receipt was for was the exact cost of an entire Winnie the Pooh bedding set. I know for awhile there was speculation it was jewelry and that got tossed aside.

The reason I was wondering about the date was, I remember that CA threw a fit about giving the receipt to LE and then said she had handed it over to JB. I was thinking that perhaps KC (since the blanket I assume came from the initial set was with Caylee and might be seen as missing) replaced the entire set because she could not find separate items.

It always struck me as odd that CA told Greta or Jennifer D that she washed Caylee's bed linens once or twice a week (all of us moms thought that was extremely strange as when a baby is missing - even on a visit -, and most certainly if they have died, we would want to keep their little baby smell close to us until it eventually disappeared).

The fact CA was continuously washing the bed linens makes me wonder when it exactly was she may have decided they needed to look worn. WHEN did she notice a change (if any) - it had to have been after the date of the JCPenny receipt (assuming that was a bedset). But if it was well before KC was arrested, I'm not only surprised it wasn't a part of CA's anemic "red flags" that she had but kept denying were there, but that it would also not signify the fact that she knew something was very wrong and was trying to cover it up well before it all broke wide open.

TIA to all of you with good memories and amazing search skills (it's an art as much as a science, and I'm just not as "artistic" with my Boolean skills).

She and
Tony are on video there and he says she bought shoes.

PattyG adding link for reference re: shoes. http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazaro Tony.090808.pdf (page 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam