TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose this posted link and article is incorrect saying her sister also spoke to her around the last seen time on or about 12:15?

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

Nichols says neighbors last saw Gail Palmgren dropping off her 9-year-old and 12-year-old children at home on the 30th. No one has heard from her since. Nichols says that is highly uncharacteristic of her sister. "She has her doctorate degree. She's sharp, she's well balanced and she loved her children."

Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

So as far as the DVR goes, was this something that was just purchased? Or was this something that they owned that they took to Best Buy to have serviced?

I don't know how much sense it would have made for Gail to have caught MP doing anything on the DVR...it would be pretty gutsy to try to arrange a tryst at your house when your wife is a SAHM. I saw a model DVR for sale at Best Buy online that had cameras that you could set up for indoor/outdoor monitoring and a card that stored the data. Wondering if they had something like this. Maybe Gail adjusted the outdoor cameras away from the home and out to the street, hoping to catch the car that she thought was following her? Maybe the DVR got fried during the storms and she took it to BB to see if it could be salvaged?

If it was a new purchase, she would have probably ordered it online, otherwise no need for anyone to pick it up at BB. If it was a new purchase I think she must have ordered it to be shipped to the BB closest to the lake house, and maybe that's why she asked her friend to pick it up. If you were planning to disappear intentionally with this item, you would pick it up at the store or from your friend first though, right? Otherwise, why buy it? More proof to me in that case that Gail's plans were interrupted somehow and that she didn't plan to leave in the way she did.

So as far as the DVR goes, was this something that was just purchased? Or was this something that they owned that they took to Best Buy to have serviced?

I don't know how much sense it would have made for Gail to have caught MP doing anything on the DVR...it would be pretty gutsy to try to arrange a tryst at your house when your wife is a SAHM. I saw a model DVR for sale at Best Buy online that had cameras that you could set up for indoor/outdoor monitoring and a card that stored the data. Wondering if they had something like this. Maybe Gail adjusted the outdoor cameras away from the home and out to the street, hoping to catch the car that she thought was following her? Maybe the DVR got fried during the storms and she took it to BB to see if it could be salvaged?

If it was a new purchase, she would have probably ordered it online, otherwise no need for anyone to pick it up at BB. If it was a new purchase I think she must have ordered it to be shipped to the BB closest to the lake house, and maybe that's why she asked her friend to pick it up. If you were planning to disappear intentionally with this item, you would pick it up at the store or from your friend first though, right? Otherwise, why buy it? More proof to me in that case that Gail's plans were interrupted somehow and that she didn't plan to leave in the way she did.

if it was new, maybe she had it ordered to go to BB so that MP would not see it or get it before she did.

I suppose this posted link and article is incorrect saying her sister also spoke to her around the last seen time on or about 12:15?

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

We don't know. That Wetumpka Herald article had new information that didn't jibe with what we already knew, or what we thought we already knew. We had thought the last time Gail spoke with Diane was approximately 12:15, but the Wetumpka Heald article said 6:30 AM was the time of the last call, so now it's up in the air. However, I personally assume that Gail called Diane both at 6:30 AM before she left the lake house AND at approx 12:15 when she got back to TN.

Nichols says neighbors last saw Gail Palmgren dropping off her 9-year-old and 12-year-old children at home on the 30th. No one has heard from her since. Nichols says that is highly uncharacteristic of her sister. "She has her doctorate degree. She's sharp, she's well balanced and she loved her children."

Sadly this last sentence above spoken by her sister makes me think she, too realizes that most likely Gail is deceased..they say it is our subconscious which causes us to unknowingly use verbiage such as this in past tense when consciously we may not have even spoken that we feel this way..

Just something I noticed that made me sad...

Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon..JMHO

It's a 2 hour drive to Birmingham, could it take another 2 hours to go the rest of the way? It's all highway from Signal Mountain...seems it would take less time, but depends on how you drive I imagine.

As a typist/transcriptionist who used to work for an insurance company, I know no one of his level in the company would have ever typed their own letters. I doubt he really knows how to type except in an online sense, so the typo makes sense.

Also, the PI's office probably has a secretary, typist, transcriptionist, or maybe even a legal transcriptionist. (Yes, they're all different things!) His office must have a lot of audio tape, video tape, and documentation to transcribe into professional documents that might even be used in court cases like divorces. A transcriptionist just doing their job probably wouldn't know enough about the addresses to realize it should have been Easy instead of East, and spellcheck wouldn't have caught it.

My immediate thought was, la, la, la, guess I'll go over to Easy St and check things out...just need to stay away from East St. :innocent:

I'd have to disagree with his typing skills. My step father who had his PhD in Physics and was in college in the 50's took typing, shorthand and transcription to help him in his studies....ie: taking notes, papers, etc. When I was in high school he's the one that drilled me on my shorthand for tests. :)

if it was new, maybe she had it ordered to go to BB so that MP would not see it or get it before she did.

Just a thought when first reading it that there was already recorded stuff from the AL or the TN house (maybe fights, threats, anything as evidence toward a divorce), or was this the evidence she found about the GF that set someone off?

If she took it to the BB in AL to have it transferred to DVD, it would be another item she would want Arlene to keep with her.

GP may have had it in the Rubicon that she didn't want MP to see or know about. This was around the time when LE was called the morning of the 29th (argument over who was driving which vehicle), she took his keys to the jeep...he wasn't going to drive it if she could help it.

Why does he want it so badly to track it down from a BB in AL and demand it back...if nothing was on it, it shouldn't really matter. Did MP find a work order receipt in the Rubicon before it disappeared? :twocents:

My immediate thought was, la, la, la, guess I'll go over to Easy St and check things out...just need to stay away from East St. :innocent:

I'd have to disagree with his typing skills. My step father who had his PhD in Physics and was in college in the 50's took typing, shorthand and transcription to help him in his studies....ie: taking notes, papers, etc. When I was in high school he's the one that drilled me on my shorthand for tests. :)

Well, we are of course just speculating. My experience as a typist in an insurance company like Matt's is just my experience, not necessarily his or yours.

A couple people downright called him an alcoholic...although he was clearly functioning enough to have a decent job...may have been ok back in the sixties to have a couple drinks before getting off work but not today if anyone suspects it...maybe "a true friend" can chip in here...they were people on comment sections of articles who said they knew Gail...

Some addicts, whether their drug of choice is alcohol, cocaine, pills, etc. are very high functioning. Granted usually other characterics they can't hide during the day when indulging come thru. ie: Boss from "hello". Not saying that's the only excuse for one tho. ;)

A couple people downright called him an alcoholic...although he was clearly functioning enough to have a decent job...may have been ok back in the sixties to have a couple drinks before getting off work but not today if anyone suspects it...maybe "a true friend" can chip in here...they were people on comment sections of articles who said they knew Gail...

There were many of those comments and they all seemed to have been deleted. Just a gut feeling something may break soon, there is too much talk about how MP really was, coming out each day. :loser:

But all rumor and hearsay so cannot post, but hopefully LE is taking notes.

I'm more and more surprised by Matt. I have been giving him way too much credit (and what little he has gotten from me has been sparse). These new revelations, the letters, are seriously dumb at this point. But I can see he never dreamed she may really have some proof to back up her fears. I think he is REALLY starting to panic. As well he should. He did not think things through. MY Opinion, of course.

My heart just breaks for these children and Gail's family. I hope she is found soon.

Well, we are of course just speculating. My experience as a typist in an insurance company like Matt's is just my experience, not necessarily his or yours.

Could be right. Maybe Gale typed all his papers for him. IDK.???

Some addicts, whether their drug of choice is alcohol, cocaine, pills, etc. are very high functioning. Granted usually other characterics they can't hide during the day when indulging come thru. ie: Boss from "hello". Not saying that's the only excuse for one tho. ;)

They were both doctorates in pharmacy...who would know best what mixes with what to be functioning during the day.

We don't know. That Wetumpka Herald article had new information that didn't jibe with what we already knew, or what we thought we already knew. We had thought the last time Gail spoke with Diane was approximately 12:15, but the Wetumpka Heald article said 6:30 AM was the time of the last call, so now it's up in the air. However, I personally assume that Gail called Diane both at 6:30 AM before she left the lake house AND at approx 12:15 when she got back to TN.

Perhaps IF there is contact with the family it can be sorted out and the Timeline then brought up to par with the actual events and times of cell phone calls. I think it would be important to know IF she spoke again a 2nd time to her sister that day before she disappeared.

I just watched both Callie Starnes reports but heard nothing about a letter Arlene received fro Matt. Is it a different news feed?

Channel 3 has updated the video since I posted with the link. You need to go to the videos below the main one. The one on the right running 2:35 with the poster of GP saying "missing" is the one with the letter.

It's to the point, imo, none of this is making sense. I know we don't have all the clues available to LE, but why in the world would she pack up and leave AL after making plans with Arlene the next day and then not ever call her again?

I keep thinking of the sister mentioning they are finding things out about both Gail and Matt that they didn't know. (paraphrasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member