MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the stray kitten that was in bed with Mom and one of the sons? I'm picturing a new kitten roaming on the bed and sticking paws on your face. It's true though - some people (like you) are very sound sleepers.

I'm a pretty sound sleeper, but a kitten pawing my face would definitely wake me up.
But I don't believe that kitten story anyway. A stray kitten on your bedsheets? Yuck! I'm an animal lover, but even I won't let stray animals into my home without a sort of quarantine period. From the pics of that little baby, Mom seems to be pretty clean, probably pretty aware of hygiene issues. I just don't think that she would allow a stray kitten in the bed, no matter how well she had bathed it.

It was around 2am.

"One neighbor interviewed said he had seen a man carrying a baby near the Irwin's home at 2 a.m. Tuesday, but police spokesman Darin Snapp told MSNBC that lead "went nowhere."

From: http://m.ibtimes.com/lisa-irwin-mis...ds-called-off-police-siblings-fbi-225781.html

While I understand the policy of being MSM being the only source to go by here, this is exactly why I hate it also. One source says midnight another says 2am. All MSM though....:waitasec: too many in the media just tell the story whether it is correct or not. (and after this week I can personally add rather rude too!)

Wish we knew who has been checked out and cleared. I know LE won't and shouldn't release this info right now, just wishing. Particularly curious about:

- Jeremy Irwin
- The non-custodial parents of Debbie and Jeremy's sons (their ex-spouses)
- Immediate family members in the general area
- Neighbors
- Yard sale attendees
- Any repair / maintenance workers at the home
- Anyone communicated with by the parents around the time of the abduction (visitors, phone, internet)
- Those on the list provided to LE by the parents (which must include some of the above)

All we really know is that LE has been unable to clear Debbie Bradley and they have questioned a neighbor teen. Wonder who is on the short list besides Debbie?

Jeremy's ex didn't show up to Court for her own child's custody hearing.

Debbie is still married to her son's dad. He pays a pittance in child support.

The elephant in the room. The complete lack of urgency to rescue their defenseless, endangered, kidnapped baby.

The lack of any frantic cries for help to find their abducted baby.

They cut off the local media. Then they cut off LE. Now today they cut off the national media.

They have shut the door to the very avenues that can find a kidnapped baby.

They've presented no plan for rescuing Lisa.

They've just gone quiet. Quiet after their precious baby has been abducted and is in great danger.

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

They seem to know there is no reason for urgency, no reason to act quickly, no reason to call in LE and the media and the public, no need to be frantic, no need for a plan to rescue Lisa.

Well, they did advertise they are setting up a trust fund...take that for what it is...could be positive or negative...but given what you listed, it doesn't look good.

IMO, Steve Young would only consider the parents confessing and telling where Lisa is located as cooperating. Also IMO, he is playing the semantics game to the hilt.
Completely agree. My earlier faith in KCPD to solve this case has evaporated. Instead, LE has turned this into a blame game. It's not what a professional organization does - this fell apart fast, and when one side has the trained capacity to carry out investigations, with trained investigators and interviewers and department psychologists at their command - how is it we are blaming a couple when things fall apart, a couple still held, here at WS, to be victims, as they are neither named suspects nor persons of interest?

I'm a pretty sound sleeper, but a kitten pawing my face would definitely wake me up.
But I don't believe that kitten story anyway. A stray kitten on your bedsheets? Yuck! I'm an animal lover, but even I won't let stray animals into my home without a sort of quarantine period. From the pics of that little baby, Mom seems to be pretty clean, probably pretty aware of hygiene issues. I just don't think that she would allow a stray kitten in the bed, no matter how well she had bathed it.

It seems like an odd thing to make up though. Why would she invent a stray kitten?

Here is a picture of mom and dad at the Hampton on Friday:

JMO....but maybe Dad believes Mom to be innocent because he witnessed her reactions when they discovered Baby Lisa missing that morning, and she seemed as clueless and shocked as he was.

Closing a baby's bedroom door? Why? How would you hear the child crying if the door was closed? That makes no sense to me at all.

I did it with all my children. We closed the door and left the monitor on. ;)

imo

BBM I agree with your statement, though not sure I'm on the fence; being from Missouri, they gotta 'show me' that the parent harmed Lisa.

I see two young parents who are living the ultimate nightmare, their beautiful baby girl is missing. These are not sophisticated media savy people; they are everyday people who are obviously trying to provide a good life for their kids. The dad is working overnight, more money; in this economy that is what most are doing, putting extra effort to insure their families are taken care of. We are seeing, as outsiders, an investigatory process that has as an aspect questioning the last person to see Lisa and that is the mother. She is distraught, exhausted and over the top emotional. If it were my child, they would have a hard time questioning me because I don't think I could form a sentence and staying in one place would be impossible. [when our son was ill as a young baby, I called 911 and couldn't pull it together enough to say more than who and where. The EMTs found me sitting on our front lawn holding our son rocking him. Fortunately he was ok]. As for the father 'reaching his boiling point', if it were my husband he would be jailed for going off waaay past the boiling point.

I have compassion for these parents. I want them to have their daughter back ASAP, I want her to be safe. There are myriad scenarios that could be at play here, the mother's guilt is only one aspect. I'm going to hold good thoughts for her as I believe that what is put out into the world becomes reality. There is an entire family that is living in this agony, I can't add to it with negativity.

I don't believe she hurt her baby and I can't do so until there is absolute proof that she did.

You've put your feelings so beautifully and I mirror them exactly, but couldn't have expressed them in words half as well as this! Until there is without a doubt poof that this mother hurt her daughter, I simply do not see anything to make me think she is responsible. Like you, all I see is a broken hearted woman who is having to deal with a living nightmare and being given negative vibes from the very ppl that are supposed to help her, LE.

I had to put youngest, now 7, into a toddler bed well before I wanted to because the little stinker kept monkeying his way out of the crib and running the house at night :eek: I was worried he was going to get hurt eventually so I gave up and put him in the toddler bed. he still got up and roamed at night, which is why I had to be a light sleeper then, but at least I could rest easy about falls, or a leg getting stuck and him dangling there or something.

My youngest is now 7 as well. When he was crib aged, as revenge for nap/bedtime, he would force his chubbyfat leg through the side, thus becoming stuck. I'd watch him work to get it wedged in there at times! I was so worried he'd do it when I was out of the room, then flip the opposite way and break something... At least he grew out of that (and now attempts free falls off our retaining wall):crazy:

IIRC, young kittens need to have clear and quick access to a litter box...

mojen is this info from LE or media or confirmed in any way? Also, I think the mods have said that we should not be sleuthing people around the family or in the family unless they are POIs.

Would hate to see grandmaj turn you over her knee ;)

It seems like an odd thing to make up though. Why would she invent a stray kitten?

Lol That's the part I can't figure out.
Maybe embellishing a false story with lots of details to make it more plausible? People who are lying sometimes do this.

Oh. Further on in that Cliff Judy video he says the family told him they did sleep last night. But it's still a family rest day. Just like yesterday.

Meanwhile, the clock keeps tick, tick, ticking every minute for Lisa, and her urgent need to be rescued from her kidnapper.

It just makes no sense.

I'm going to take a break. Be back later.

God bless little Pumpkin Pie. :blowkiss:

Baby's Parents Back Out Of KMBC Interview

Cliff Judy reports what happened with the interviews with every news station the parents had planned on.

Video

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29428156/detail.html

Instead they're weighing the pros and cons of setting up a reward, and having a family rest day. I thought yesterday was family rest day.

A FAMILY DAY?

Unfreaking believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members