GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know---don't think she was arrested I know after this Parker told her not drive with kids

This detective isn't really the superstar on Tampa Bay's roster. Defense counsel- appears to be asking questions of little value. This case can be won - every other question should be tinged with a reference to JS's pyscho well-being. Subliminal impact on the jury.

Such a devastating series of events. The journal... something about it... it represents one of the following:

1) A sound mind. A record for Parker. She wants him to KNOW what exactly happened... eliminating all questions, since it would be set down, concisely, in writing.

2) Disorderly conduct, representing the actions of a mind existing outside of the realm of acceptable reality. To document such acts offers an indicative element of questionable sanity.

I am challenged , can't seem to see through - what do you think?

Luv ya,

The Gajonka

CC ‏@courtchatter 43s
Defense attorney Traina expected cops to film #JulieSchenecker at her house. Det Sandel, "We don't walk around with cameras on our shoulder"

First, I feel I owe some here an apology. My intentions were never to offend anyone... ever... that either struggles with mental disorders themselves or have loved ones who do. I have much sympathy and compassion for those that suffer from any type of mental illness.

I hope my posts weren't misinterpreted when I was giving my opinion about the defendant in this case only but if it was I am indeed very sorry. And JS is the only person I referring to and had nothing to do with others here who have mental issues or have family who do.

But honestly, in this case, with this defendant, I just don't see evidence that mental illness was to blame for what JS did to her precious children.

I don't look at any case based on my own life experiences or lack of and even though I don't have any experience with mental illness nor know anyone that does. I do have my own life experience in other subjects that comes up in many trials. But I still do not base my opinions about cases based on my own experience. For me it would cloud my judgment if I did. Its just how I have always looked at any and all cases here. I put my own experiences aside.

I try to take the emotional aspect out of cases and instead look strictly at the evidence entered only. It is very hard to do when children are the victims, I will certainly admit that.

I see so much cognitive thinking on JS part for a week.

1. Planning a date in which to murder them.
2. Having the fortitude and discipline to wait.
3. Buying the murder weapon and giving a plausible reasonable explanation why she wanted one.
4. Willing to wait for the criminal background check to be done.
5. Returning to pick up the weapon.
6. Buying hollow point bullets because she knew they would do more damage.
7. Parking her vehicle with her dead child inside in a spot she never had parked it before.
8. Thought about the neighbors and was worried they may be able to hear the gunshots.
9. Selecting the time of the murder when she knew Parker would be coming back soon.
10. Knowing she had to get Beau in a confined space where he couldn't escape.
11. Coming up behind CS and lying to her why she was there.
12.Shooting them both in the mouth wanting to leave a strong message as to what happens to mouthy kids that she thinks disrespects her.

JMO

13. Understanding that what she had done would just about destroy her husband.

((how could she be driving in January ??)) thought they would have grabbed her license right away....

Nov. accident
Nov/Dec rehab

kids were probably giving her a lot of static about dui....:truce:

I think JS was ticketed for careless driving not a DUI.

BS. She was in a stupor and they didn't get her medical treatment.

Why didn't they video the interrogation? Because she was in a stupor and LE feared prejudicing their case.

bs. She was in a stupor and they didn't get her medical treatment.

Why didn't they video the interrogation? because she was in a stupor and le feared prejudicing their case.

bbm:

Multiple thanks!!!!

I don't know if this has been discussed, but does PS still live in the house? I ask because my former step-son stabbed his brother and mother almost to death and they're still in the house. I heard just about everything had to be replaced (Floors, furniture, etc) since it was such a bloody mess. Not sure I could go back in. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after the fact and is serving 7 years in prison rather than plead insanity.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 22s
Det: I would have never stopped intvw because someone said they wrote a suicide note, point of intvw is to get info #JulieSchenecker

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Def asks det abt #JulieSchenecker comment on kids coming later, did u not see her "disconnect from reality?" det believed she meant bodies

I don't know if this has been discussed, but does PS still live in the house? I ask because my former step-son stabbed his brother and mother almost to death and they're still in the house. I heard just about everything had to be replaced (Floors, furniture, etc) since it was such a bloody mess. Not sure I could go back in. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after the fact and is serving 7 years in prison rather than plead insanity.

I think when the Col testified yesterday he said he still lived in the house. I thought that odd too. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Please.

Corrected: He does not still live in the house, but did for awhile after the murders.

What happens if she is found "Not Guilty by reason of insanity"?

Someone posted the exact charges yesterday but I can not recall where they were.

I know if guilty it is prison for her-

Schenecker, who has a history of depression and a bipolar disorder, has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. If found guilty, she could be sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2014/5/6/after_day_of_powerfu.html

13. Understanding that what she had done would just about destroy her husband.

(Just a thought, no big deal, please take with a grain of salt ( not sure what that REALLY means, but it is similar to- just something I noticed... I may be so wrong).

Observations from Parker's evidence/testimony.

Okay, three years removed. Mindset - to be strong.
Less than emotional testimony...noticed a lot of smiling... laughter at one moment at least. Yes, far removed from the event... but absence of emotion... reflecting upon the events would stir emotion up-

IDK, I just noticed it, and the essence became- as if the #1 priority had been to consistently be consistent in using the term "ex-wife."

Not wrecked, but then again, to be strong, etc, plus he is ex-military.

I write this because an emotional, powerful expression of pain, devastation would have been retained by the jury...

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Def asks det abt #JulieSchenecker comment on kids coming later, did u not see her "disconnect from reality?" det believed she meant bodies

*BBM*

FWIW, I believe she meant the bodies too.
It is hard to tell, she seemed to be in and out of it when it came to clarity.
She knew she had killed them, I do not recall her ever referring to them in the present tense.
:dunno:

(((zoey))) we both survived it. I chose to develop a somewhat warped sense of humor about what life throws at a person. It sounds crazy but I went along with the flow, like yelling back at my Grandma 'there's no Nazis here Grandma just some Irish kids'. (I was hiding my step sister (who was German) in the crawl space).

I once tried to calm Grandma down by offering to make her a good, Irish cup of tea but she spotted the cups with the dye for Easter Eggs sitting on the counter and drank them instead. Oh well.... life in the fast lane

My Grandmother has dementia. I live in a different state and when I went to visit her it was clear to me that she wasn't the same person. All other family who lived there acted like nothing was wrong with her, but it was clear to me that she wasn't all there.
She unplugged the freezer and then couldn't understand why the ice cream was melted - had my grandfather up in arms about the freezer being broken and what to do with all the meat!, when you were cooking in the kitchen, she'd come behind you and turn off the burners. She repeated things people said over and over like she was a parrot. She wanted to make my daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but when she was done it was a pile of bread and globs of jelly and peanut butter.
Two years after that, she got her official diagnosis of dementia after she helped my grandfather OD on Xanax. She would bring him his pills ever time she thought he felt "stressed" which was quite often (apparently sitting watching wheel of fortune is quite stressful), for whatever reason, he would take them.
I say all of this because those of you who lived through that kind of mental illness, I applaud you that you are all still here and made it through. I had a week of it and had so many emotions over it..anger, sadness, despair, confusion..countless emotions.
I can't imagine what it would be like living it day after day.
:loveyou: to you all

I think when the Col testified yesterday he said he still lived in the house. I thought that odd too. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Please.

Thank you. I haven't been able to watch testimony.

What happens if she is found "Not Guilty by reason of insanity"?

Someone posted the exact charges yesterday but I can not recall where they were.

I know if guilty it is prison for her-

Schenecker, who has a history of depression and a bipolar disorder, has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. If found guilty, she could be sentenced to life in prison.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2014/5/6/after_day_of_powerfu.html

That was me, I'll find my post and quote it:

From what I understand regarding Florida Law, if she is found 'Not Guilty by reason of Insanity' she would not necessarily be discharged and "go free". A hearing would be held to determine if she would be institutionalized, or receive out-patient care and be assigned a social worker, or if she would not receive any care at all.

This is based on Florida Statute 916.15 - Involuntary commitment of defendant adjudicated not guilty by reason of insanity.

The Full Statute can be found here:
http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/916.15

This statute states that: "A defendant who is acquitted of criminal charges because of a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity may be involuntarily committed pursuant to such finding if the defendant has a mental illness and, because of the illness, is manifestly dangerous to himself or herself or others."

and

"In all proceedings under this section, both the defendant and the state shall have the right to a hearing before the committing court."

As well as Rule: 3.217. Judgment of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity

which states: "... if the court then determines that the defendant presently meets the criteria set forth by law, the court shall commit the defendant to the Department of Children and Family Services or shall order outpatient treatment at any other appropriate facility or service, or shall discharge the defendant. Any order committing the defendant or requiring outpatient treatment or other outpatient service ..."

CC ‏@courtchatter 35s
#JulieSchenecker sent Parker an email AFTER she killed the kids. "Get home soon-we're waiting for you!" #ScheneckerTrial

12:08 PM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Defense playing video of a shaking #JulieSchenecker after her arrest.

And now showing:
The Perp Walk
the only truth in photography of JS after the killings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics